Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen Steam Workshop: Round One.

[DE]Rebecca

Well, this has gotten incredibly messy. Two skins, since revoked (more or less) because of stolen textures, and three not making it in because of compatibility issues (one of which is the sole Gorgon skin).

Meaning we're now completely out a Mag, Gorgon, and Amprex skin. Ouch.

Well, this has gotten incredibly messy. Two skins, since revoked (more or less) because of stolen textures, and three not making it in because of compatibility issues (one of which is the sole Gorgon skin).

Meaning we're now completely out a Mag, Gorgon, and Amprex skin. Ouch.

I think we're out one or both Volt skins and the Syanadana as well - rigging issues or something.

Note to Self: Do not piss of AntoineFlemming and MaaYuu.

I agree - while the skin didn't fit my tastes nor look very Warframe-y, it was a decent skin. I'm sad that so much of it used stuff it wasn't supposed to

I don't know what the terminology is. .-.

What? We're not pissed. We, like others, happened to notice textures that really couldnt be made by hand, and that looked rather common/generic, so we investigated them. Not our fault that the creators of those skins decided to copy and paste textures that weren't their own... Thing is, imo, the Grineer's Mantis skin looked terrible, the volt and gorgon overload skins looked fine (I think the volt skin looks great), and the Mag one was a bit too busy because of the circuit pattern, although that part looked decent enough. The carbon fiber part? That part looked bad, imo. But, over all, the Mag one, in the zoomed out pics, did look decent (although I think Knaita is better, for the most part).

I think we're out one or both Volt skins and the Syanadana as well - rigging issues or something.

We're out one Volt skin, there's still another that will (hopefully) make it in. I know the syandana is something they just don't have the proper code for, as mentioned on a devstream.

There's nothing that says why the Volt and Gorgon skins are out though. "Compatibility" doesn't explain much.

We're out one Volt skin, there's still another that will (hopefully) make it in. I know the syandana is something they just don't have the proper code for, as mentioned on a devstream.

There's nothing that says why the Volt and Gorgon skins are out though. "Compatibility" doesn't explain much.

Yeah, I dont understand why those two are out.

Excalibur: 1 skin stands.

Mag: none skins approved.

Volt: 1 skin remains.

Sybaris:  1 skin stands.

Original Syandanas: 1 syandana remains.

Landing Crafts: 2 skins remain.

---

Total: 6 skins. No Mag skin, no Mantis skin, no awesome-looking badass Sari syandana everyone was looking forward to. Shame.

It's not even the infringement that I'm salty about. It's the fact that all it seemingly takes to beat DE's auditing process is a simple Google Images search.

the rigging part was only about the syandana. What I was thinking was that these two skins might not use tint masks. idk.

Actually makes sense, the tint is probably built into the diffuse.

Edited by MaaYuu

Lolilol it seems follow tennos are entering in the doomed place of intellectual property madness !

We are in a typical case, where legalist will ask you this:

Does these works enter in the fair use exceptions ???

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Let me quote you the interesting point :

the fair use of a copyrighted work is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include:

the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole;

In short, we must often ... look to the nature and objects of the selections made, the quantity and value of the materials used, and the degree in which the use may prejudice the sale, or diminish the profits, or supersede the objects, of the original work.

Aren't we all enlightened now ?

So, now can you answer copyright fault or fair use ?

If you want to find the answer by yourself dont read the spoilers below:

Spoilers :

answer: fair use \o/

You uh, missed the most important part:

You missed an even bigger part :

However, in the years since Rogers v. Koons, courts have begun to emphasize the first fair use factor—assessing whether the allegedly infringing use a transformative use as described by the Hon. Judge Pierre N. Leval.[7] In 2006, Koons was involved in a similar case with commercial photographer Andrea Blanch,[8] regarding his use of her photograph for a painting. He appropriated a central portion of an advertisement she had been commissioned to shoot for a magazine. In this case, Koons won; the case sets a favorable precedent for appropriation art where the use is deemed transformative.

Texture is not skin. Skin is appropriation and transformative use. Skin gets a sock. Skin is free. Edited by HurricaneBones