The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Not So Sure About The Revives Reset Per Mission Thing..

IceColdHawk

U18 will bring us a new revive mechanic, giving you 4 revives per mission (just like arcane revives already do) instead of 4 revives per day.

I'm wondering why they try to implement this?

I never had any problems with revives even in my newbie times...one mostly get revived when he's not kilometers away from the living players. And i'm definitely not only talking for me. Most people want to get revived so they know the feel how to get left alone and die..so they mostly (in my experience) revive others. And when one is already high MR, he will probably have multiple frames and when he somehow lost 4 revives for a frame...np, gotta play someone else then. And it happens pretty rarely that you lose 4 revives from a frame. I can only imagine this possibly happening in a raid or when someone is leeching draco and people don't care about reviving him.

And even when someone really lost 4 revives for whatever other reason, damn, this happened once in a half year? Your fault, stop dieing that frequently...duh....it's not hard....

Warframe is already easy and powercreep'd enough. And making the revive mechanic even easier just puts the game in a laughable place of difficulty.

Also, its not just getting easier...hehe...it will draw tremendous gameplay changes with it...

I smell it 10 kilometers against the wind, people will revive other players less frequently because: ,,Dont worry bro, you get your revives back next mission" or one tells other people in an exterminate mission to let them die and revive: ,,Leave me die, better go kill the enemies quicker, i get 4 revives back next mission :)"

Summary: Less co-op action, more solo plays.

And that's not what we needed...

Edit: Just wanted to throw in my opinion and sharing it with you guys, i'm open for your opinions. It's not like i have a problem with that, not even in the slightest. If newer players have more enjoying in the game then fine, why not? I just wanted to know what you guys think about it.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Actually, wrong.

This revive change can allow DE to make missions much harder.

Edit: To explain, all missions are just grinding speedruns.

DE can extend the missions' length and make them much more dynamic. Players don't want to do that because death = start over, and they rarely use revives. Now they are encouraged to try more "inefficient" missions if DE can get the reward:difficulty ratio right.

Edited by Rorgal_Sina

They are implementing the new revives to stop new players burning through them all, and then quiting because they can't continue on missions when it gets a little tougher on them.
It also stops the wasting of platinum buying revives too, again, especially for new players who don't realise there's better things to use the starting 50 plat on.

Tbh.... it's sounding as though you're a high content player... To new players dying is easy. To older players with experience and mods, dying is much harder.

Actually, wrong.

This revive change can allow DE to make missions much harder.

Now that you mention it, but for the current system it won't be needed. Sorties MAY have a huge impact on this but it will probably get stomped anyway with teams choosing for the best way to do it.

They want to get rid of the scam that is revives paid for by real money, which I appreciate.

However I agree, four revives, six with arcanes, is a lot. It really defeats the point of being able to revive teammates and will really make solo play a lot easier.

In general it just seems like it's going to make the game a lot easier and really reduce the risk of death.

I'm glad DE is removing the scam of paid revives but I don't think this is the best solution

They are implementing the new revives to stop new players burning through them all, and then quiting because they can't continue on missions when it gets a little tougher on them.

It also stops the wasting of platinum buying revives too, again, especially for new players who don't realise there's better things to use the starting 50 plat on.

Tbh.... it's sounding as though you're a high content player... To new players dying is easy. To older players with experience and mods, dying is much harder.

Hehe, that's why i wasn't only talking about my current situation, everyone was a newbie once and when i was one, i still can't remember having problems with revives (was playing public or with friends). And to that time, i only had an excalibur or an ash then later.

it's useful for both Newer Players and more experienced ones.

Newer Players are less likely to end up unable to play, and more experienced ones have a buffer for the many bugs, RNG death situations, and Et Cetera that an experienced Player is going to be using Revives on.

it's a bandaid for a much more complex problem. but a bandaid is better than nothing in this situation i suppose.

How about the people who actually play in solo mode. Not solo hero in a squad, but actual solo. Getting "locked" out of a frame or pay plat is just nasty and I'm glad it stops.

Why solo mode? I thought we tennos have to fight together? I'm already aware that there are many solo players out there. And this will encourage even more players to go solo. Not good imo.

buffer for the many bugs, RNG death situations

*cough* void sabs teleporting you to a closed portal when you're already out and then die *cough*

Edited by IceColdHawk

In fact it's simple : you don't even take care of revive because you're a high level and you don't need to use revives (or less than beginners).

So this content is for new players to allow them to continue to play with guys like you and it'll be easier and less painless to discover all the content. 

But in raid or like surv +/- 1h it's the same... 4 lifes and why the hell if you play a lot you have to pay revives a lot ? that's not the point of Warframe ;)

In what way do revives have anything to do with power creep?

It doesn't affect the game negatively at all.

At the end of the day your team will still try to rez each other because having someone run out of revives mid mission is still a pain.

Just now people might be less antsy when you can't revive them because they aren't losing revives for that day.

You're also forgetting about solo players and generally newer players.

People play in a team mostly because they enjoy playing with others, not because they have to.

Even if this did encourage more solo play, so what? A majority of the playerbase, and I mean a VAST majority will still play CoOp.

I think its a great thing DE are finally removing the monetization of revives.

At anyrate, it certainly doesn't effect the game badly.

If you don't ever use up all your revives then great, but why should you care if DE makes it so people that do use up their revives more often aren't punished for 24 hours?

It doesn't effect you at all.

You're drunk OP.

Edit: On the topic of it making WF easier, there are a plethora of other much more potent factors that already contribute to the assbackwards difficulty curve this game has. If the new revive system has even a tiny effect on this, it certainly isn't the worst offender and will matter even less if DE ever get around to addressing the major issues effecting balance.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Why solo mode? I thought we tennos have to fight together? I'm already aware that there are many solo players out there. And this will encourage even more players to go solo. Not good imo.

*cough* void sabs teleporting you to a closed portal when you're already out and then die *cough*

I play in both modes. And there are those who can't play in squads at all due to connection issues. I don't think this will direct players towards solo play in any way.

It what way do revives have anything to do with power creep?

It doesn't affect the game negatively at all.

At the end of the day your team will still try to rez each other because having someone run out of revives mid mission is still a pain.

Just now people might be less antsy when you can't revive them because they aren't losing revives for that day.

You're also forgetting about solo players and generally newer players.

I think its a great thing DE are finally removing the monetization of revives.

At anyrate, it certainly doesn't effect the game badly.

If you don't ever use up all your revives then great, but why should you care if DE makes it so people that do use up their revives more often aren't punished for 24 hours?

It doesn't effect you at all.

You're drunk OP.

First of all, i wasn't only speaking for me, asked lots of other players, even newer ones, never had problems with revives.

Secondly, i don't really care, it won't impact me having fun in the game, i was more thinking about YOU, other players for their opinions. I really couldn't be bothered less about having revives reset per mission.

And last but not least, i'm not drunk but thanks for trying to remember me.

it's only a good thing. i don't really die that much either, because I carefully select my frame for each situation, but it's nice knowing that when we have a bad day, we aren't forced to pay if we want to use the same frame again. plus this system is friendlier for newer players, which might encourage them to stay, and help the community grow.

First of all, i wasn't only speaking for me, asked lots of other players, even newer ones, never had problems with revives.

Secondly, i don't really care, it won't impact me having fun in the game, i was more thinking about YOU, other players for their opinions. I really couldn't be bothered less about having revives reset per mission.

And last but not least, i'm not drunk but thanks for trying to remember me.

I've never particularly had an issue with revives either but that doesn't mean I'm opposed to them no longer being monetized. I prefer it to the current situation. I didn't I imply that you hadn't asked other players about revives.

If it wasn't bothering you then why make the topic? Or more accurately why make the topic and then make it sound as if you do have an issue with the proposal?

The way you've worded the post makes it sound like you don't like the idea of revives being reset one bit.

At anyrate, if it does turn out to make things a bit out of wack, all that would be required is that DE perhaps reduce the base number of revives to 2 or 3.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I've never particularly had an issue with revives either but that doesn't mean I'm opposed to them no longer being monetized. I prefer it to the current situation. I didn't I imply that you hadn't asked other players about revives.

If it wasn't bothering you then why make the topic? Or more accurately why make the topic and then make it sound as if you do have an issue with the proposal?

The way you've worded the post makes it sound like you don't like the idea of revives being reset one bit.

At anyrate, if it does turn out to make things a bit out of wack, all that would be required is that DE perhaps reduce the base number of revives to 2 or 3.

Wasn't my goal to deny the new revive mechanic, just wanted to see your opinions, edited my first post.

Players who want to solo will find a way to solo regardless of how viable it is compared to forming a squad. I highly doubt we'll see a large increase in solo players. Keep in mind that the star chart rework is coming which should heavily reduce the number of active nodes we have so that forming squads will be drastically easier than it is now for the majority of nodes.