Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Missions [U18 Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

Looking for a challenge, Tenno? Think you’ve got what it takes to face level 90 enemies with only your melee weapon in hand? Sortie Missions are here to test your adaptability and combat skills:

• Sortie Missions are difficult endgame Missions for experienced Tenno that can be completed alone or with a group. You           must be Mastery Rank 4 or higher to play these highly specialized missions.

• Each Sortie Mission will have its own unique requirements or enemy modifiers, favoring Tenno that have a 

versatile arsenal.

• Players can access Sortie Missions through the Sortie Icon through the upper right hand corner of the World 

State Window in Navigation.

• Sortie Missions will change daily, and players must complete all three connected Missions to receive a reward 

from that Season’s pool.

• Each Sortie Season will last for a period of 15 days before cycling in a new Season with an updated loot table.

• Players can review the rewards for the current Season in the World State Window.

• Please note: Sorties must be played in order and all three missions must be completed to receive a reward!

• Sortie Missions are difficult endgame Missions for experienced Tenno that can be completed alone or with a group. You           must be Mastery Rank 4 or higher to play these highly specialized missions.

So, if you can end 3 mastery ranks with shouting and running, then you are skillful Tenno? Okay.

Currently updating my client on pc, curious though, the rewards in the reward pool, do you have a chance of repeating a reward? So say I get like a Weapon part one day, is there a chance that part could show up again or is it excluded from the table after acquiring it?

I don't know about acquiring the same item and if it'll be removed from the list, I imagine it's similar to the coding from boss drops where percentage is reduced when you acquire said item. Either way the sorties reset daily so not a biggy.

A quick issue, I played the first sortie and it said there was supposed to be a squadron of eximus'. Now I don't know how much a squadron is and maybe the valkyrs in my group just insta killed them all without me knowing, but I didn't see any more eximus units than usual. Still nice missions though.

The number of Eximus units in the first Sortie is average compared to regular missions, despite it being an "Eximus Stronghold".

The length of the "Shotgun Only" mission was very short compared to the first mission.

Side note: can we do away with the whole primary weapon/sentinel weapon mod overlap thing? It's unnecessary IMO.

If these really do reset every 2 weeks, it will take a MINIMUM of 60 days to complete a weapon.

edit: After re-reading, you have 15 chances at loot from a Sortie Season before the loot tables change.

Edited by Kriegor

Looking for a challenge, Tenno? Think you’ve got what it takes to face level 90 enemies with only your melee weapon in hand? Sortie Missions are here to test your adaptability and combat skills:

Maybe if you add another digit or two, we can talk. In my opinion the current difficulty needs to be ramped up dramatically with rewards to match, giving players an opportunity to prove individual strength over the rest, and rewarding those who succeed.  Otherwise, i am afraid, this will turn into just another a daily grind for the masses, just like the syndicate missions.

You should not be able to get duplicate rewards from this.  That's just brutal.  Got Karak Wraith Barrel from yesterday's set, and again from today's set.  With the season being time-limited and seemingly having a checklist, why duplicate rewards?  These missions are very grindy in nature, spending a couple hours to get literally nothing is not cool.

You should not be able to get duplicate rewards from this.  That's just brutal.  Got Karak Wraith Barrel from yesterday's set, and again from today's set.  With the season being time-limited and seemingly having a checklist, why duplicate rewards?  These missions are very grindy in nature, spending a couple hours to get literally nothing is not cool.

Completely agree here. I understand the philosophy with having a 24 hour cooldown for getting rewards, since we don't want Legendary Cores to saturate Trading and ruin the game's economy forever. However, so many rewards in this game already have 24 hour cooldowns that sometimes it honestly feels like they want to punish us for playing the game. Waiting 24 hours to get the same useless thing is just horrid. Sure, maybe the Karak Wraith isn't a bad gun, per say, but it's so comparatively underpowered that if you have the loadout to be doing a Sortie every day, you probably already have something twice as good...

Here's some feedback on sorties-

Whole lot of effort, whole little of reward. It takes about an hour to get a reward from these missions. For that hour, the rewards are pretty lacking. In addition, you can get duplicate rewards the next day, which sucks.

List of possible changes:

-Make each day give a guaranteed single reward

-Allow the last mission of the day to be farmed for a reward

-Reward weapon drops as a whole, and not just barrel/receiver/stock/bp

I have a question that may also be classifiable as feedback. I thought that I would get to choose which item I was rewarded but the game just gave me a Dera Vandal BP right off the bat. Now, that is the item I was going to choose anyway, but I'd like to know if the sorties will ever give duplicates, and if so, are the weapon parts tradeable? 

Also, splitting all of the weapons into their individual parts is a very bad idea from a player enjoyment and QOL standpoint. Having to do 3 runs just for a chance at getting a single part that's no good on it's own just makes my heart sink. I hate it. It's exactly the kind of RNG that I can't stand. It's like the void but worse since you can only get 1 every day, and you aren't even guaranteed to get the one you want.

TL/DR weapons that still require assembly as sortie rewards suck. And get rid of duplicates, that sucks almost as much.

Otherwise I really like sorties. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Something I would love to see from Corpus sorties is allowing Bursas, Hyenas, and maybe even a Lynx to spawn there, and make Combas spawn more often. Then we'd have something reminiscent of those alert missions in the days leading up to 17.5 that were truly challenging and entertaining, since we actually had to work together and prioritize bringing down the Bursas before they isolated and brutally murdered us. I think the Corpus could really use something like that.