The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please De, Let Us Use Ciphers In Sorties.

distantObserver

Many of us including me have not-so-good PCs and even a little lag or fps drop causes those pesky Grineer hack system to become excruciatingly difficult. It's bad enough in NM LoR Raids but since if you fail to crack even once in Sortie spy mission, it raises alarm which mostly means mission fail. 

So please guys, let us use ciphers.

Or change them to Corpus locks.  Grineer hacks I can't do as the game simply does not respond quick enough, due to the FOV induced slideshow during the hack.  So for Grineer locks, I have no option but to use ciphers.

Not an issue with Corpus locks only Grineer.

I see a couple people go "It's supposed to be challenging"

Well here's a counter point. every time I click to select the node the game lags, causing me to miss the time and have to start all over. That's not challenging, that's broken, through no fault of my own, I failed

Well, normally I wouldn't agree with you because I don't mind solving the consoles, but sorties are too punishing with hacking. In one of the spy vaults I didn't even have enough time to hack a console because a drone kept on coming back and triggered the alarm.

Or change them to Corpus locks. 

You. I like you.

You guys seriously can't solve puzzles? I understand the FPS issues but seriously?

I can't understand how you can say that you understand fps issues and still say your first sentence. We can solve puzzles, seriously don't start with "git gud" argument, but with fps issues there's input lag, there's screen time issues, there's speed issues, there's a whole lot of issues you can't just dismiss by saying "git gud"

Edited by distantObserver

You guys seriously can't solve puzzles? I understand the FPS issues but seriously?

How about this:

- Start up many consuming programs in the background

- Reach 99% usage on HDD, CPU, RAM. Use a medium-high end GPU

- Start up fraps

- Start up Warframe with everything on max

- Start recording and launch a high level grineer spy mission with full party, and you being the host

- Wait until way too many enemies spawn on your location and you have 13-15 FPS

- Proceed to hack a console

- Stop fraps when you're done

- Upload it on Youtube and send us a link

Edit: I'm not running on 99% on idle, this is just so you can experience what we're experiencing. To reach the most hideous FPS.

Edited by Sovyul

If you've got 10 fps and under... Maybe you should turn some settings down or something. We can't use ciphers because they'd make it too easy to just invis and insta win. They're meant to be hard, how on earth do you expect to do level 120 eximus stronghold defense if you have 10 fps on a good day?

What we need is for DE to do something about the Grineer puzzles being so hard for people with FPS issues -- something as in, make them solveable for those people without ciphers. 

Allowing the use of ciphers in one of the few missions in the game meant to actually be challenging is NOT the answer. I understand why some of you want it, you have really bad lag issues. I get it and I think something needs to be done, but allowing ciphers would just lead to lots of abuse/cheesing in the missions meant to actually be hard, from people who do NOT have fps issues. 

Something else needs to be done. In my opinion, the entire Grineer hack consoles should be completely redone. The Corpus ones are actually a puzzle, but the Grineer ones are just a stupid minigame, that can have severe difficulty with any amount of lag. 

i have the same issue the game run at 55fps/60fps then i start hacking. I the middle of it i get drop in the fps screwing the ridden completly, making the grineer hacking almost imposible without a couple of error.

I have at least failed 5 time the spy (sortie) mission today because of that

Okay... you have two options:

-Lower all settings, closing any other aplication to save RAM and learning how to do the hacking part at high speed

or

-Equip a stealth frame (Loki, Ash, Ivara) with a dagger with Covert lethality and a good sniper or bow properly modded, learn the vaults and kill the enemies near the vault or time their patrols. If all enemies are dead take your time to do the hacking (you have infinite time with grineer hacking). If there are enemies patrolling learn how to do the hacking at high speed before the enemy notices you.

Seriously, slowing down for once and do a stealth mission using actual stealth and not just murder-run everything won't kill you. And if you have FPS issues, how the hell do you play endless missions with a lot of enemies exploding on embers WoF?!