Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The 3Rd Sortie Even Possible?

Thural

So, I've run the 3rd sortie 5 times, never seen past the second round.  After about half way through the 2nd round, it takes 10 shots with my potatoed and forma dread to kill a MP'd trooper, with 443% fury on my chroma, and the passive from madurai boosting my slash damage.

Has anyone managed to actually complete this?

I joined a random group as Mesa with rhino, nova, and atlas.

Corrosive projection helps a lot.

Try a viral status dread. Halved health and 1k+ bleed ticks destroy them.

I spawned 5 specters(ancient healer's 90% dmg reduction op) to aid my nova defending the lowest node.

Edited by MrJxt

Yes. I did with 2 MK I Paris players and a Dread with my Rakta Cernos.

We had a Nova and I was an Equinox. Every single normal enemy was a one shot for me, modded for Rad with 2 CP's. The only ones that didn't die from a body shot were Eximi, which died in maybe 1 or 2 Headshots.

And charging more than 100k damage (roughly 10 rounds of Cernos) was an insta-clear of the map.

The Defense was worse.

By the way, albeit having Nova, I was doing 23k damage per bodyshot and around 80k at head shots.

Edited by Swailwort

use your Spike Damage Weapon like you're supposed to, shoot things in the face, use the correct Damage Types for Grineer (Radiation + Toxin / Puncture), and you'll be fine.

sounds to me like you were using horrible Damage choices that you shouldn't be using and haven't played against Enemies at a Level where you'd ever notice that before.

i.e. sounds like you were using a useless Loadout on Dread such as pure Slash or something. don't do that. ever. you'll regret it as you've seen.

Corrosive Projection is always very effective... two of them makes an enormous difference. you could use four but two is enough for Enemies to be less spongy.

don't expect to get good results from Crit Weapons if you're not shooting Weakpoints.

the Defense was the challenging one in today's set - the others were... a bit dull. the Sabotage especially. the new functionality of Earth Sabotage is cool, but not much happens and you don't really do much, the Mission is just a success as you stand around. :/

the Interception was quite easy. which ofcourse it was, because Players are so obnoxiously Overpowered that you have to disable 90% of the game for things to be difficult.

my Squad of myself + one usual suspect and two randoms went fine. not that composition really matters but composition was Ivara, Nova, Valkyr, Mirage.

Mirage wasn't abusing Blinding thankfully. Valkyr was abusing Hysteria though... bit meh.