Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very Disappointed...

dendroaspis84

I'm very disappointed after update 18 with Excalibur. It does these strange delays during his 4th skill, which is very unpleasant & as in seen in video I even fell down because of it. I used to love playing with Excalibur, loved it's fast blade strikes & now it's ruined with these delayed strikes. Please make it back like it was before update 18. Now I don't even have a desire to play with Excalibur.

After watching your video twice, i'd like to point out that the cause of you being downed was the small army of enemies shooting you in the back whilst you spammed towards and already emptied door.

If your having other issues with Exalted Blade, the video doesn't really show them; nothing's changed between how the attacks project themselves. They became slower by triggering a combo sequence (holding E on first attack too long) is that what you are referring to?

Is there a more specific reason this is a 'Disappointing' change or is disappointing just a strong word for a misunderstanding?

EDIT: man, i'm sorry to be that guy, but you would forgo playing an entire warframe because of a theoretical change to the ability that (from the looks of the vid) is only a concern weighted by how well it does on Draco? 

Edited by -CM-Phantom

After watching your video twice, i'd like to point out that the cause of you being downed was the small army of enemies shooting you in the back whilst you spammed towards and already emptied door.

If your having other issues with Exalted Blade, the video doesn't really show them; nothing's changed between how the attacks project themselves. They became slower by triggering a combo sequence (holding E on first attack too long) is that what you are referring to?

Is there a more specific reason this is a 'Disappointing' change or is disappointing just a strong word for a misunderstanding?

What he's doing the whole time is mashing E, and at one point in the latter half of the video it stops and he does a delayed heavy strike. That's what he's referring to, which I'm starting to think is actually a bug.

Multiple people have reported this. All of them have said it was happening just with normal E mashing, post-U18, which leads me to believe it's an issue caused by charge attacks. Just speculation, obviously, but DE themselves haven't made any changes and it's a very inconsistent problem, which makes it bug-like.

Of course, they could all accidentally be performing a combo, which is just as likely.

But there's been no mention of that before U18.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Well to change it without completely nerfing the skill they gave a delay to the strike so count your blessings that the dmg wasnt nerfed.

So they still ruined Excalibur... :|

It's not a bug :) That's eb's own combo/stance. Thats all im gnna say

It wasn't until U 18.

Edited by dendroaspis84

EDIT: man, i'm sorry to be that guy, but you would forgo playing an entire warframe because of a theoretical change to the ability that (from the looks of the vid) is only a concern weighted by how well it does on Draco? 

If not delayed strikes, I'd already kill them & had turned back to kill rest enemies.

There's one specific reason: My excalibur wasn't doing those ***** delayed striked before U18.

Forgot entire game? WTF are you talking about dude?!

Edited by dendroaspis84

If not delayed strikes, I'd already kill them & had turned back to kill rest enemies.

There's one specific reason: My excalibur wasn't doing those ***** delayed striked before U18.

Forgot entire game? WTF are you talking about dude?!

Remember the rules, having "Respect" as first rule.

But anyways, I don't see the problem with Excalibur, seems you went down, from enemy's shooting you from behind.

a lot of people have already said this but its the combos of exalted blade.... they are meant so you can control the angles of the waves and the hold combo attacks do more damage.

your repeated response to the people explaining to you what is happening, in which you can't recognize it as anything else but a bug is a tad worrying.

perhaps all you do is literally just spam e? not exactly sterling gameplay but to each their own

Something's wrong with this community. They always oppose you, if you say anything negative with DE's decisions. I think it's time to leave this forum. I don't see point talking with blind fanboys which always agree with DE no matter what they do...

Edited by dendroaspis84

Something's wrong with this community. They always oppose you, if you say anything negative with DE's decisions. I think it's time to leave this forum. I don't see point talking with blind fanboys which always agree with DE no matter what they do...

ktf.gif

Also btw, I disagree with many things DE has done, but I don't bash them, they still are one of the best developers I know in video games.

But if you can't handle peoples opinions / truth. Then that's on you. 

Edited by Monsterwithin

That combo shown in your video has, as it's been noted by others in this thread, always been a part of Exalted Blade since the beginning.  I wonder if its timing window could've been tweaked by some of the changes made to reintroduce charge attacks.  We already know the charge attack return  had the unintended side-effect of creating an extreme delay on Glaives/Gunblades, so it's possible your newfound old combo too has had a timing shift.

That's really all we can say at this point.  It's uncertain whether there was a change or not and (as someone who basically never uses Excalibur) I can't accurately test the timings now compared to before.

well ok then, i remember asking you a question. i left it open for you to respond to at each area because there wasn't much that i (and apparently some others that responded) could gleam from the video.

your response was to lash out. call fanboyism and disagree with anyone that would contrast your claim, that's understandable if you have bias.

I also came in here with a bias as yet another 'Disappointment in DE' thread had popped up over a singular feature that 'destroys/ruins/breaks' their game with Draco as their example node of choice. 

since this can't stay sincere, i suppose we should wait for Danielle to do her thing and wait for a more productive thread that is capable of giving and receiving argument and feedback to pop up.

alternatively, try this again yourself without blaming an entire community for not seeing your way.

Edited by -CM-Phantom

If it ain't broke don't fix it is a pretty good slogan but people in the forums don't realize that...There are hundreds of random rework this, nerf this, buff this, etc. that DONT need to happen. So YES we're gonna tell you if you're wrong or it just doesn't sounds good. Now don't get me wrong sometimes someone comes up with a great idea or a valid point and I will back them up 100% with w/e it may be. So don't think it's just a you thing. 

The way combos count "hold" attacks is way to sensitive now.

Before u18, to perform the charge combo I actually had to hold down the key, but now the game cosiders certain clicks to be holds. I have gotten around this by binding my melee attack key to scroll wheel, but it just doesn't feel right to melee by wheel scroll. Hope they adjust it back to resonable hold time

Edited by Aldisun

Locking this down as the thread has turned belligerent and become rife with disrespectful comments.

While negative feedback is the best feedback when made respectfully (it helps identify what's wrong and proposes alternatives to improve things), making it with disrespectful comments ruins the feedback.