Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus System Is A Bad Job.

BaronKreight

The quest you so much wanted to present is good. It's fancy and the new focus menu is fancy as well. The contents though are not. The focus system has been in development for more than a year right? You guys come up with this. Look at the feedback you are getting.

The system came out heavily bugged. It is still bugged now. IMO this new ult ability looks underwhelming. When you see a tenno with some balding hair and a green skin - this is not cool. At the end of the ability tenno loses hair.

You introduced a focus cap (not even with the release as far as I can remember a day or two after). It's ok, but what about other players who are not able to login daily and earn the focus cap. There's no catch up system. Not to mention how you gain the focus. Equip lense on a non killer frame and you are gimped. Why you didn't think about this?

The focus abilities are underwhelming. The ult takes a ton of time to load and then you can use it to get a fraction of benefit. It does not worth it.

Overall focus seems rushed and put in the game just for the sake of it. Beta is beta but this is just a bad job.  

have you never played a beta??? WE ARE TESTERS!

Nooo!!!

NOOOOOO!!!!

No more! D:

Agh! The irony! I've used that saying whenever people complain about something that I am optimistic about! >.<

But dang! It hurts when it's used against you! D:

Anyways we've made it very clear that the focus system is a horrendous mess, and it should be their main "focus" for now and the first to be addressed on their list, otherwise we will have many many people upset with the focus system flood the forums. >.>

Solve the problem before it grows into a huge issue. >.>

It was a rush job, of course it's bad. DE basically ground out u18. Priority was given to the new quest, and then the focus system was more like, 'well this isn't completed and it needs tweaking but we gotta get u18 out the door asap. We can go back and fix it later.'

So yes, it's a bad system, but the devs are in fact taking a long look at it now and trying to figure out how to make it less sucky.

Edited by AsCaLus

Please, log on, go to the back of your liset, open the door, click on the operator, gain access to whatever Ways you've chosen. Now tell me, what do you see at the bottom left corner? Yes, a blue conversation box. And what does it say? THE FOCUS SYSTEM IS IN BETA. So please, give the Devs some time to improve it and stop judging a newly introduced systems which has only been out for less than 10 days.

Pretty much every new system implementation in Warframe starts out as "a bad job" while they watch it and make adjustments. Not that you don't have a point with some of the powers being underwhelming, or the system in general being in need of tweaks, but if that's your angle then it helps to be specific about your issue(s).

Also, you need a spoiler tag in your thread title.

Yeah well you could do more than just say it's bad. If you watched the stream they are not at all happy with where it is and are looking for our feedback on how to make it great. So maybe instead of just saying they did bad, say how it can be improved? They are listening, now is our chance to tell them how to improve it. 

Once it comes out of it's extra beta status, we probably won't see major changes again for a long time, but now they are planning a chance to give people a one time respec, and planning to put it through big changes still. So tell them how to fix it while you can... instead of just complaining. 

I'm not saying I'm happy with how rushed it was... but throw in some constructiveness on the criticism and tell them how to fix the mess. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Why the hell are you guys crying as if DE isn't going to fix/tweak it? DE is already working on the system. You can see Steve's post on twitter about it if the message in game wasn't enough for you.

But they need feed back! D:

We gotta let them know how bad it is and tell them how to improve it a bit more! ;<

I will have to find time to brain storm new abilities for the Unairu tree~ =/

Actually you know what I'ma do it now while I'm sleepy and tired~

I come up and say the best shtuff when I am sleepy and tired. Maybe a little cranky too~<3 =

Why the hell are you guys crying as if DE isn't going to fix/tweak it? DE is already working on the system. You can see Steve's post on twitter about it if the message in game wasn't enough for you.

Can we just have this plastered all over the forum in enormous bolded letters at the top of every focus-related thread in existence? Like, if it weren't still under spoiler embargo we could use a literal scrolling banner at the top of the forum, because so many people don't seem to get it.

We gotta let them know how bad it is and tell them how to improve it a bit more! ;<

Except most of the threads are one-sided complaints, several of them boiling down to "Why can't I cheese 2 million XP out of this VERY PLACEHOLDER new system because of this VERY TEMPORARY cap that I'm pretending is permanent so I can rage at it", and not "feedback" in any meaningful sense. DE needs constructive threads; if you're going to try to provide them, good. Keep it that way.

Can we just have this plastered all over the forum in enormous bolded letters at the top of every focus-related thread in existence? Like, if it weren't still under spoiler embargo we could use a literal scrolling banner at the top of the forum, because so many people don't seem to get it.

Except most of the threads are one-sided complaints, several of them boiling down to "Why can't I cheese 2 million XP out of this VERY PLACEHOLDER new system because of this VERY TEMPORARY cap that I'm pretending is permanent so I can rage at it", and not "feedback" in any meaningful sense. DE needs constructive threads; if you're going to try to provide them, good. Keep it that way.

The very clearly stated they wanted more feedback on it. While this isn't particularly specific, it is feedback. Many players find many parts of it underwhelming. The more people that bring it up the more clear the message is, even if all of them are pretty vague about their issues with it.

So they want feed back on their new system but they then deliberately hinder players progress through the system?

Something wrong with this picture surely?

It's worse than I thought:

-Expensive: You'll never reach cap if you play "NORMALLY".

-Cooldown: Laughable cooldown and effect compared to other games.

-Passive Skill: A small buff with a bigger debuff.

-Active Skill: Pointless skill with a fraction active time.

-Poorly Balanced: You know, 4/sec energy regen vs. 5% armor buff.

-Worse than a random skill Augment.

-No special items for you to show off (not even a specter like Syndicate), but an ugly Operator pops out while you are playing.

Edited by VCaptiion

It's worse than I thought:

-Expensive: You'll never reach cap if you play "NORMALLY".

But on the other hand you all want to get rid of the cap.

-Cooldown: Laughable cooldown and effect compared to other games.

I kinda agree, 180sec +45sec for evey active skill is way to much

-Passive Skill: A small buff with a bigger debuff.

What debuff? I am using Naramon and getting 5 sec invincibility with melee crits is awesome.

-Active Skill: Pointless skill with a fraction active time.

Again, can´t speak for the other trees but stunning and confusing enemies is nothing I would call pointless.

-No special items for you to show off (not even a specter like Syndicate), but an ugly Operator pops out while you are playing.

Do you really need Focus to be another "MR elitism" skll.

So they want feed back on their new system but they then deliberately hinder players progress through the system?

Something wrong with this picture surely?

*So they want to temporarily implement a stopgap over the first week or two of the update to keep people from blazing through with exploits and burning themselves out on unfinished content while the team works out designs that aren't obvious placeholders.

Fixed that for you.

The focus system says beta right on the tin, so I'm not about to give them grief about that.  However, in it's current state as a "sneak peak" if you will, it is really just another layer of unnecessary power, and I think that makes it feel kind of pointless.

I made a thread talking about how I think they should put the augment mods back into the focus system somehow (since they were apparently once the same system.)  I think that would actually add more of a point to both of these systems, and would just feel better overall.

Edited by Ignaetious