The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ominous Loading Screen Message?[Megathread]

Cleesus

A brief skim on this (brilliant) Lynn Margulis is very interesting.

Evolution through symbiosis. Indeed, the latter enabled the former. 

Now, what's one of the most common words we see in Tennobet? Evolution.

Then with the symbiosis aspect...in this context, does this not imply that Tenno and Warframe are in a symbiotic relationship? Heck, a "Margulis implantation" seems implying a device to directly encourage that...

I'm a firm believer in the theory of Warframes and Tenno having a symbiotic relationship. This message seems like it definitely points toward it.

I'm a firm believer in the theory of Warframes and Tenno having a symbiotic relationship. This message seems like it definitely points toward it.

Aye, I agree with the theory. I want to see more about this.

I think your ideas are my favorite ones yet.

Edited by Morec0

... Okay, one last thing. There's a whole lot of stuff going on in this, but I want everybody to chill a second and take a look at the very last thing (not seen in my original, shown in one of the other threads) after the synaptic overlay.

"Good night, sweet angel"

... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

This is the line that I keyed on. I believe the Lotus hid from the Sentient Oculus(?) scouts in EotS because the Sentients are part of a collective consciousness that can re-assimilate their kind through a slaver function. Her father says he will not be able to "stop them". Individuality is only permissible so long as the collective is served.

I believe the final line is Natah's father saying goodbye to his daughter and the Lotus "Mother" Aspect before she is reclaimed.

The Sentients are going to reclaim Natah, and she will be the chosen harbinger of our doom. Even splitting the dream (of being a mother) by lifting the veil (awakening the collective intelligence of the sleeping Sentients) may be a reference to this.

Can you imagine the Lotus being reborn as Natah, the Destroyer, and the plot becomes the desperate race by the children of the Lotus to save their mother before all is lost?

I just got a message like this after heading out of the last mission of project undermine....

I didn't get a screen shot but it appeared for a short blink of time in readable words.

All I remember seeing is "you can now crawl while bleeding out"

Any thoughts?

Same place I've been at for a while.

The Tenno and Warframes need each other. How their relationship works is unclear, but...so much 'works' in a symbiotic context; Affinity, coming to 'understand' each frame as an individual in turn...how different warframes have different 'personalities' to begin with...the fact the Lotus always discusses each Warframe in respectful terms, as more than mere armours.

And if it is indeed a symbiosis, of course the enemy factions don't really understand Tenno power. Research into Warframes fails as it misses this crucial element, and it's (seemingly) impossible to replicate the Tenno nature for singular study. Warframes without a Tenno are nowhere near as dangerous an enemy as a Tenno utilising one as seen by 'Wild' Chroma or Infested Mesa.

The enemies always focus on just one element: Vor and his obsession of the Tenno's divinity. Alad V with his obsession over the technology of the Warframes themselves. When our foes become focussed on an aspect, they miss the bigger picture.

Bah. All this really makes me wonder, if true, it'd lead to a Tenno shaman caste...those tasked with ensuring these bonds are honoured rather than ignored or neglected. Samurai had regard for the spirits of their swords, arguably Tenno have one for that of their Warframes, no?

ok,,,my therory is that whoever is coming (and mark my words, some one (or something) is coming), but they are still to far away for us to get a clear transmission from them. as the days go by, the message will get more clear.

Well, it's been said over and over again - the Sentients are coming.

Same place I've been at for a while.

The Tenno and Warframes need each other. How their relationship works is unclear, but...so much 'works' in a symbiotic context; Affinity, coming to 'understand' each frame as an individual in turn...how different warframes have different 'personalities' to begin with...the fact the Lotus always discusses each Warframe in respectful terms, as more than mere armours.

And if it is indeed a symbiosis, of course the enemy factions don't really understand Tenno power. Research into Warframes fails as it misses this crucial element, and it's (seemingly) impossible to replicate the Tenno nature for singular study. Warframes without a Tenno are nowhere near as dangerous an enemy as a Tenno utilising one as seen by 'Wild' Chroma or Infested Mesa.

The enemies always focus on just one element: Vor and his obsession of the Tenno's divinity. Alad V with his obsession over the technology of the Warframes themselves. When our foes become focussed on an aspect, they miss the bigger picture.

Bah. All this really makes me wonder, if true, it'd lead to a Tenno shaman caste...those tasked with ensuring these bonds are honoured rather than ignored or neglected. Samurai had regard for the spirits of their swords, arguably Tenno have one for that of their Warframes, no?

Original Tenno: children of Zariman become Void-afflicted but survive due to Technocyte virus/Hayden Tenno genetic lineage. They have power but it is dangerous because of lack of control and use destroys their physical bodies and slowly robs them of identity. Hence, stasis.

Original Warframes: Void-corrupted Sentients driven mad with pain and robbed of higher brain function/adaptive abilities, trapped in eternal war with the void affliction.

Technocyte creates the symbiotic bridge: the Sentient forms around the Zariman host (thus explaining gender specificity). The corrupted Sentient finds peace and the child gains a physical form that can amplify/channel/control their specific void powers as they become beings of void energy.

These are the originals. Orokin scientists find a way to reverse-engineer and weaponize these original frames as production models (standard issue and deluxe "Prime" versions)

I think we have yet to see an "original" Proto-frame.

WE are either decendants or clones of the Tenno lineage, using these production-model frames to maintain form and identity.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Original Tenno: children of Zariman become Void-afflicted but survive due to Technocyte virus/Hayden Tenno genetic lineage. They have power but it is dangerous because of lack of control and use destroys their physical bodies and slowly robs them of identity. Hence, stasis.

Original Warframes: Void-corrupted Sentients driven mad with pain and robbed of higher brain function/adaptive abilities, trapped in eternal war with the void affliction.

Technocyte creates the symbiotic bridge: the Sentient forms around the Zariman host (thus explaining gender specificity). The corrupted Sentient finds peace and the child gains a physical form that can amplify/channel/control their specific void powers as they become beings of void energy.

These are the originals. Orokin scientists find a way to reverse-engineer and weaponize these original frames as production models (standard issue and deluxe "Prime" versions)

I think we have yet to see an "original" Proto-frame.

WE are either decendants or clones of the Tenno lineage, using these production-model frames to maintain form and identity.

A quick question here. Is Hayden Tenno even canon? I've heard various opinions on this and the rest of the Dark Sector game.

In U17.5.3 I was in the Relay to get my Astral Twilight at Baro. After exiting the Relay, while in the loading screen, my screen started to glitch out and I got the message writing itself. Just got time to get 2 screenshots, sorry for the screen resolution.

http://imgur.com/E8xrU16

http://imgur.com/fKJQO7V

I got a small part translated, but it's hard to me. English isn't my native language.

"Reason foreign karar(???) detected."

If I get this easter egg again I will update the screenshots here.

A quick question here. Is Hayden Tenno even canon? I've heard various opinions on this and the rest of the Dark Sector game.

I don't think we will ever get a direct connection to the "spiritual predecessor" where they will directly link the two in black and white, but using the word "TENNO" and having Proto-Excaliber and Nemesis skins in the game are connections that hit with a sledgehammer, yes?

I don't think we will ever get a direct connection to the "spiritual predecessor" where they will directly link the two in black and white, but using the word "TENNO" and having Proto-Excaliber and Nemesis skins in the game are connections that hit with a sledgehammer, yes?

That's true, but then you have this:

-snip-

The most apt translation of that text is:

My translation from another thread with more complete messages and some helpful assumptions from this thread:

Void Link Severed

Reason foreign carrier detected. Origin unknown. Suspect tracking signal.

Re-initiating dipolar connection on naval carrier. Bow in standby for sync check and sync.

Motion compensation complete.

Selenic lensing locked.

Somatic control established.

Marvelous implantation intact.

EVM status nominal.

Air platform awaiting sync.

Initializing synaptic overlay... Good night, sweet angel.

Make of it what you will.

Well, it's been said over and over again - the Sentients are coming.

So...perhaps that's more of a diagnostic message warning that a virus (perhaps Sentient in nature) has disrupted the link between Tenno and Warframe? Maybe in dealing with us, the Lotus has unintentionally revealed more details about how this relationship between frame and Tenno works and now the Sentients have devised a way to counteract/corrupt it?

Because if so, Houston....we have a HUGE problem.

Edited by Xcedis

Make of it what you will.

Selenic is "of or relating to the Moon."

Lensing could refer to gravitational lensing, which "refers to a distribution of matter (such as a cluster of galaxies) between a distant source and an observer, that is capable of bending the light from the source, as it travels towards the observer."

Somatic relates "to the body, especially as distinct from the mind."

Given we already know we're going to the Moon, I can imagine we're going there to destroy something that has the power to bring us under either Sentient or Orokin control. Maybe both, if there's a Neural Sentry in there that the Sentients took over.

Edited by Yezzik

I thought my game messed up because of the update, when I saw that pop up in the loading screen. I just finished a mission and I was like WTF. I kind of spazzed., screaming "Come oooon, don't tell me my game messed up"! Then I saw that it was kind of in Lotus writing, so I asked the squad mates, and someone else had the same thing happen. 

"Margoolihs ihmplantihshihn ihntakt."

(?) (implantation) (intact)

I'm thinking Margoolihs is a name, either from something in Warframe I can't recall or something new , yet to come.

Only thing (far shot) I can imagine Margoolihs could else be is: miraculous, marginally, marvellous, XXgoulash???

English is not my native language, can anybody maybe spell 'Margoolihs' phonetically?

edit: unuseful edit

Edited by Impact6

So, I'm just passing by to say that something tried to scan our liset while we were flying.
The message only shows when we are traveling.
Carrier could be a synonym to spaceship.
Naval carrier... Spaceships are not called "ships" for no reason, you know.

Checking the systems would be a natural response to a event like this.
The systems could be from the ship, but probably they're from the warframe. In a ship small like the liset, checking the pilot integrity would be smart.

If I had to guess, I would say it was the Sentients.

"Margoolihs ihmplantihshihn ihntakt."
(?) (implantation) (intact)

I'm thinking Margoolihs is a name, either from something in Warframe I can't recall or something new , yet to come.
Only thing (far shot) I can imagine Margoolihs could else be is: miraculous, marginally, marvellous, XXgoulash???

English is not my native language, can anybody maybe spell 'Margoolihs' phonetically?

Here you go: /mə'guːlɪs/ or /'mɑːgəlɪs/.

Doesn't ring a bell.

You might try phonetics of a different language. Maybe it is similar to something after all.

Edited by Genitive

Here you go: /mə'guːlɪs/ or /'mɑːgəlɪs/.

Doesn't ring a bell.

You might try phonetics of a different language. Maybe it is similar to something after all.

hmmm.

In dutch 'Margoolish' sounds somewhat similar to 'Mercurius'.

In latin the word 'mergulis' derives from 'mergo' from what I've read on wikipedia, meaning:

1. dip (in), immerseplunge into wateroverwhelmcoverburydrown.
  2. sink down or in, plungethrustdrive or fix in.
  3. (of water) I engulffloodswallow upoverwhelm.
  4. (figuratively) I hideconcealsuppress.]

I'm really curious what it could be.