The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties Are Too Easy

GeometryWarrior

I'd wait for the weapon overhaul to happen before complaining that things are too easy. For all we know, when they removed base damage mods, they may not be giving weapons the full damage buff that they would get from something like Max Serration or hornet strike and Multishot may be too painful to use most of the time (or preferably, just removed like base damage mods.) and we may end up doing less damage overall as a way to balance things and make the end game content harder without having to actually fool with the end game content itself.

DE knows what they are doing and where they have the game headed, they just can only get so much done at once.

I'd wait for the weapon overhaul to happen before complaining that things are too easy. For all we know, when they removed base damage mods, they may not be giving weapons the full damage buff that they would get from something like Max Serration or hornet strike and Multishot may be too painful to use most of the time (or preferably, just removed like base damage mods.) and we may end up doing less damage overall as a way to balance things and make the end game content harder without having to actually fool with the end game content itself.

DE knows what they are doing and where they have the game headed, they just can only get so much done at once.

Yeah, I can't wait to be even more forced to play the spam game where Trinity is our god and savior, who let's every frame work at it's best conditions, just spamming 1 (or 2 at last) skills the whole mission until it is completed. YEAH. Not to talk about the issue that was Phoenix thing (the tactical alert escalation) where even after you finished the round, you had to kill the level 160 eximus heavies with a sword, which took what? 3 minutes every enemy? fighting 4 against 1? and the enemy wasn't even moving 'cus disarmed/bastilled/M-Primed?

Until they change the enemy HP, "high level" means "boring" for me, and I think many players feel the same. The only "hard" part of a trial is when we have to be a team, and everyone is in their f*ck*ng toes because some *ssh*l* can't stop messing it up.

^

Maybe yes, but I would prefer to play my fav frame/weapon combo no matter what

Guess what, not every warframe/weapon is the right for the mission type/difficulty, so you will get owned in high level content.

Starts with a quote from the second dream hotfix.

• Sortie Missions are difficult endgame Missions for experienced Tenno that can be completed alone or with a group.

not to reiterate but 

• Sortie Missions are difficult endgame Missions for experienced Tenno that can be completed alone or with a group.

Nothing about the sorties are hard or endgame people complain that its to difficult or time consuming i bet those same people complain about ducat farming or syndicate rep having a cap for your rank mastery rank guess what though i get it people who play this game all think there super good vet or not and when you fail you wanna blame it on everything but you lack of sucking at the game this game however is still in beta and hope that it will get bigger including enough content so that its impossible to complete everything so that when we finally get are dreamed end game no one will complain for it being difficult.

Ps. I have a dream tenno that one day we can all  sit around the navigation console drinking from the fountain of getting good no one pointing and laugh at new players or saying vets care little about the new players entering into are world. 

Personally, I think that sortie rewards need to be revamped.  Getting only 1 reward is kinda meh.  They need to be divided into tiers and give you a reward for each sortie mission, instead of 1 reward for the collective finish of all 3.  I'd be ok with the way it is now if you could do them more than once per day, but since it's only once per day, it's kind of a bummer.  

It is supposed to be endgame content, not a run-and-receive-loot walk in the park. 

yeah but is a DAILY thing. I already spend 90-120 daily minutes doing Law (normal and nm) and then JV  (add some random mission to farm simaris rep,maybe some pvp dailies). I can't play 5 hours a day just for daily stuff, not to mention that the reward pool is the same for ANY  combination (3 days ago we had defense and interception in the same sortie and all I got was a reactor bp, which I can get on the devstream alerts in less time).

Personally, I think that sortie rewards need to be revamped.  Getting only 1 reward is kinda meh.  They need to be divided into tiers and give you a reward for each sortie mission, instead of 1 reward for the collective finish of all 3.  I'd be ok with the way it is now if you could do them more than once per day, but since it's only once per day, it's kind of a bummer.  

They just need to make it so once you get a reward it's off the list.

I now have 4 karak wraith stocks and I already have a karak wraith from the event months ago.

I'm seriously questioning why I even bother with them at this point.

Edited by f3llyn

I'm not enjoying them (as much) as I thought I would. I am hoping for the "mutators" to get a lot more funky then what we have.

Right now, If you are basically allowed a high end toolkit to be taken in, you have effectively flattened any difficulty back down to a normalized level. The only difference really is that people just play a little bit more carefully then usual and that is basically it.

The only really fun one for me was the Sniper only mission we had a while ago. I actually had a hoot in that one.

The artificially high enemy levels, without any other trim added to a mission, is not really "harder". Things that are more bullet-spongy now simply require more Frame abilities to be fired first before we start also shooting them.

I know most people won't like it, but I expected more effects to be placed on us, as in, the kind of stuff we end up with in the Tactical Alerts, and less just "higher scaling" of units.

I'd rather see a form of mission type that slaps up with extremely restricted Conclave ratings, where we actually can't just take in a bunch of min-maxed setups all the time, because that is really what breaks the missions, in my opinion, the fact we can easily just take in crazy builds.

For the record, someone check this for me, but so far, in any of the ones we had, was there ANY of them that would have actually stopped a full team of Hysteria only Valkyrs? Even the weapon restrict ones don't stop ability use.

Edited by DSpite

They just need to make it so once you get a reward it's off the list.

I now have 4 karak wraith stocks and I already have a karak wraith from the event months ago.

I'm seriously questioning why I even bother with them at this point.

Because you are hoping RNG will grant you a Legendary Core ;)

and whats funny is the MR requirement is 4 ...... THIS IS ENDGAME MR 15+ would help and make them NM with a different loot table PLEASE DE

No it really wouldn't. Thankfully DE is smarter than locking the majority of the player base out of them just so you can feel special.

and whats funny is the MR requirement is 4 ...... THIS IS ENDGAME MR 15+ would help and make them NM with a different loot table PLEASE DE

2 points here:

1.) You dont require MR 15 to be equipped to do this. 4 might be a bit low, but 15 is way over the top.

2.) Making it Nightmare would change exactly nothing. In some cases it would just reduce the number of useable Warframes a bit further.

I wouldn't say they aren't hard, they can difficult in a flat out cheap manner (level 80+ Ballistas instantly one-shotting you the millisecond you enter their line-of-sight kind of cheap). It's more that they're just as easy to cheese your way through it as it is with normal missions, albeit with a smaller margin for error due to the aforementioned one-shot cheapness that enemies are capable of.

It's a shame honestly, I do like the idea of multi-phase missions and the modifiers sometimes put an interesting spin on things, but otherwise the Sorties just bloat up the health/damage numbers to ridiculous levels and make using a select few (and often broken) weapons/abilities a necessity.

I wouldn't say they aren't hard, they can difficult in a flat out cheap manner (level 80+ Ballistas instantly one-shotting you the millisecond you enter their line-of-sight kind of cheap). It's more that they're just as easy to cheese your way through it as it is with normal missions, albeit with a smaller margin for error due to the aforementioned one-shot cheapness that enemies are capable of.

It's a shame honestly, I do like the idea of multi-phase missions and the modifiers sometimes put an interesting spin on things, but otherwise the Sorties just bloat up the health/damage numbers to ridiculous levels and make using a select few (and often broken) weapons/abilities a necessity.

Can't agree more. It's really about using the right warframes that can survive the math scaling onslaught (Warframe difficulty trademark) rather than fun and challenge at same time. If it's the core game play that won't change for the life time of the game, then at least cut the crap with drop table. They can make it harder if it has better rewards, it's already boring as it is, but a huge drop table with one or two items with high chance, aka Vazarin Lens, is really tiresome. Sure make it harder with restrictions, no Valkyr, Loki, no energy, bare hand only, but with much smaller drop table and high tier rewards in it and equal chance for all items within the table. It's okay if this higher tier of sortie having longer refresh like 3 days.

Edited by Macframe

The last Spy mission today sent wave after wave of parasitic eximus after me, it may as well have been nullifiers since I didn't have energy anyway.  If I got myself caught in a group of all these eximus, I died.  If I didn't screw up, I ran like hell to stay ahead of the hordes of infested that'd tear me apart if they caught me.

And this was with Ash, super killer extraordinaire if I hit 100 energy.  At one point I actually had the energy(once I got into the spy rooms the parasites died down considerably so I could burn an energy restore without wasting it), I repeatedly pounded on the head of an ancient with bladestorm, over and over again, before it finally toppled over.  I couldn't one shot ancients, or even parasitic chargers, with my multi forma dread that routinely one shots T4 bombards.

I'm not sure what harder really is, but honestly, I'm not interested.

The last Spy mission today sent wave after wave of parasitic eximus after me, it may as well have been nullifiers since I didn't have energy anyway.  If I got myself caught in a group of all these eximus, I died.  If I didn't screw up, I ran like hell to stay ahead of the hordes of infested that'd tear me apart if they caught me.

And this was with Ash, super killer extraordinaire if I hit 100 energy.  At one point I actually had the energy(once I got into the spy rooms the parasites died down considerably so I could burn an energy restore without wasting it), I repeatedly pounded on the head of an ancient with bladestorm, over and over again, before it finally toppled over.  I couldn't one shot ancients, or even parasitic chargers, with my multi forma dread that routinely one shots T4 bombards.

I'm not sure what harder really is, but honestly, I'm not interested.

I did it with Ivara, but had Toxics spawn on the other side on the wall, and the procs killed me while hacking. Fun times. 

Sorties are a gear check. Making them harder really just means "you need some better gear now". Like someone mentioned above I would actually enjoy more varied restrictions like CC immunity, self damage when using powers, reduced ammo and ammo drops, combined restrictions etc., not throwing more numbers on screen. 

Sorties are okay.

Personally I pug 99% of my Sorties.

I get matched with MR4s to MR7s rather frequently.
It is fine to carry once in a while or if I am bored, I play a "less killy" frame like my Disarm Loki and my teammates do the work like the other day. 1 MR18 founder in Excal P, myself in IRD loki and 2 MR7s with Mirage and Valkyr I think.

Doing sorties in a clan setup is boring because there is almost no chance of failure.

I got 4x CP teams on standby and their A game frames fitted out in raid tier equipment.

Easy wins yes, but boooring.

So I pug most of the Sortie.

If I carry them, well more power to me.

But if I fail a pug sortie, I can only blame myself for not being good enough :)

P.S. Thank god I picked Vazarin and New Moon early.

Edited by fatpig84

I think they are neither too easy nor too hard. I don't expect to use the same frame through most of it, but I still have a good amount of choices to use, and it tells you what to expect so to adapt and mod for it. It isn't that different from the other high level content in the game. Physical resistance? Use elemental. Elemental resistance? Go physical. Increased shields? Toxin or gas. Increased armor, actually... I think the same applies, only machinery/robotics take a lower effect and that can be compensated with abilities.

The rest? Just got to play it more carefully and less recklessly.

Darn it i was hoping they would be difficult :C. oh well at least they are fun by the looks of it.

Just don't do it in a clan or coordinated squad.

Walk into any pug and be either pleasantly surprised or struggling to carry the team while people drop dead left or right.