The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha Dropping In Sorties [Megathread]

painterman

I don't think Warframe parts have ever had the same drop chance as each other. Even look at the Manic's drop table, Ash helmet and chassis are uncommon, while the systems are rare. I think it's pretty dumb in Nezha's case though since you're limited to 1 sortie per day.

Edited by Farge

Okay so on the one hand, the crazy amount of grind frustrates me, but at the same time, I can see the value of having difficult-to-acquire warframes and weapons in game, it gives veterans something to work towards and treasure. That said, they should probably increase its platinum price if that's what they're going for. With the current price, Nezha is fairly easy to acquire, but only if you pay money (and I think we can all agree that this is bad).

I get the idea to put Nezha parts in sorties, so that people who play them often will get the frame at a reasonable time(with the help of trading chat) without spending plat.

What I absolutly cannot understand and tolerate is, how weighted drop chances are. It seems like everyone has the helmet, some people have chassis and noone has systems. This is unacceptable!

I get the idea to put Nezha parts in sorties, so that people who play them often will get the frame at a reasonable time(with the help of trading chat) without spending plat.

What I absolutly cannot understand and tolerate is, how weighted drop chances are. It seems like everyone has the helmet, some people have chassis and noone has systems. This is unacceptable!

Reality doesnt follow premise?? 

Maybe they arent made "so that people who play them often will get the frame at a reasonable time" maybe its weighted so that such thng wasnt the goal here.

Its always safe to assume that end result was goal, especially when theres no evidence that suggests otherwise.

Edited by Davoodoo

I'm not making this personal. I'm just correcting you. It is NOT currently an established, solid fact that putting Nezha behind sorties is not a big deal. It is an opinion that you happen to have and nothing more...an opinion that not everyone shares.

Until you can back up your statement / conclusion that "Nezha being available in Sorties is not a big deal at all", with some compelling evidence and factual premises, you don't have an argument at all. And saying "Because I think / say so" and "You can't prove that it is a big deal" are poor arguments to back up your conclusions.

The burden of proof is on you. You made a statement, now back it up it with some evidence.

You say the burden of proof is on the opposing opinion without acknowledging that zero proof given, from either side, is concrete in the slightest. It's all feeling and subjective opinions on the matter. Any amount of, "I gave up," or, "this made my friends quit," doesn't change that. They need a reason for people to keep playing Sorties and feel rewarded for doing so. Nezha is now that reason and reward.

This is the same complaint people had with Nitain Extract the day it got released, whining about how it was a stupid way to gate frames, without looking at the long-term situation. In two or three months (provided Nezha is at least rotated in once every two seasons) almost everyone who actually plays the sorties will probably have at least 2 Nezha parts and be able to trade for the third. If the community is overcharging for one part then it isn't DE's fault that the economy has dictated one part is worth more than another.

Honestly, the amount of whining and moaning about how people can't have that shiny new frame right this very second is so telling of this community's maturity that it hurts.

They need a reason for people to keep playing Sorties and feel rewarded for doing so. 

Leg cores. You cant argue with that.

But ofc they arent dropping because weighted rng and therefore we come to the crux of the problem.

Edited by Davoodoo

i have farmed the whole season 2 of sorties and got 0 Nezha parts

so yay DE, another great idea

i have a idea i know you guys will not read it but

since the drop is half parts and another half "buff" items (cores, lens, etc) why not make 2 groups and give us the choice of wich one we want our reward to be pick up

example: i want the legendary core so i choose group A (items) if i want a Nezha parts choose group B (parts)

anyways i dont know if i willl continue to farm and only get lens and cores, i will wait and see IF something change, otherwise its best to farm some rare mod sell it and buy Nezha with the profit

If the community is overcharging for one part then it isn't DE's fault that the economy has dictated one part is worth more than another.

Wrong, DE set the price by using weighted drop tables. If all parts had equal chance then they would all be same price, simple. Don't try to defend DE on this, it's been debated to death and cannot be denied that DE set the prices by setting the rarity to drive prices up and increase profit.

Rarity of prime parts is one thing, and required for the economy to sustain itself, rarity in sortie rewards (excluding Legendary Cores) is stupid and only serves to make people stop playing sorties due to how unrewarding they currently are.

Edited by Demon.King

I've mentioned this already in the holiday wishlist thread, but I didn't see this megathread until now. So here goes:

​The parts are already heavily gated with that one-day-timer, three-high-level-missions, additional restrictions and a drop table that has more rewards than there are days in a season. I have absolutely no sympathy for the systems being rarer than the other parts. I'm fine with weighted RNG for some things, e.g. that Legendary Core or Warframe parts from bosses that can be run repeatedly, but this just makes me angry.

​And I'll be damned if I'm going to spend plat on that. After season 2 I will simply stop doing these missions until something changes.

So, I decided to outright buy Nezha from the marketplace for Christmas rather than trade / slog through Sorties.

After having leveled him and played around a bit with him, I'd say he's worth the 275 Plat spent. That being said...I don't think he's good or powerful enough without Forma and high-level mods to warrant throwing all his parts behind end-game, time-gated missions - regardless of what the drop chances for those parts are. There are regular 'Frames of equal or better capability / utility that don't require this much effort and patience to obtain.

Short version: He is arguably NOT an end-game level 'Frame on build completion and as such, the parts do not merit slogging through end-game time-gated missions to obtain.

I'll repeat my earlier stance on this: Drop him from a Boss or Eximus enemies, make him clantech, or even - Lotus forbid - a random alert. Just not Sorties.

DE seems to outdo themselves each time with how annoying they make getting new frames. I didn't think many things would beat hydriod or mesa but they've done it with Nezha!

The fact that the parts are tradeable and people are still complaining shows the drop rate is too low, especially when you only have 1 attempt per day. I thought sorties were supposed to be an endgame bonus not a place to get new frames.

DE seems to outdo themselves each time with how annoying they make getting new frames. I didn't think many things would beat hydriod or mesa but they've done it with Nezha!

The fact that the parts are tradeable and people are still complaining shows the drop rate is too low, especially when you only have 1 attempt per day. I thought sorties were supposed to be an endgame bonus not a place to get new frames.

Whats more endgame for people who have everything than something they dont have? (thus something they want... hence playing everyday to try and acquire it).

Whats more endgame for people who have everything than something they dont have? (thus something they want... hence playing everyday to try and acquire it).

And what about newer players that neither have the plat nor the time or tools to deal with sorties but really want Nezha?

"Oh sorry, this 'Frame is for Elite Players only, not newbs and scrubs. Better git gud or you're SOL."

Rhino is arguably a better 'Frame than Nezha...yet drops readily from Jackal on Venus.

And what about newer players that neither have the plat nor the time or tools to deal with sorties but really want Nezha?

"Oh sorry, this 'Frame is for Elite Players only, not newbs and scrubs. Better git gud or you're SOL."

Rhino is arguably a better 'Frame than Nezha...yet drops readily from Jackal on Venus.

Rhino is a extremely newb friendly frame... Nezha is not just like a Limbo or an Ivara who are all hard to acquire for newbs. He is FAR squishier, technically harder to use and mod reliant. Still hes tradeable - you dont have to have plat to trade even if im not sure WHY newbs should access to all frames ASAP because i sure as hell didnt when i was a noob lol.

Still that wasnt the point anyway - the other guy was stating sorties are meant to be endgame bonuses... they ARE esp with enticing rewards exclusive to them.

Rhino is a extremely newb friendly frame... Nezha is not just like a Limbo or an Ivara who are all hard to acquire for newbs. He is FAR squishier, technically harder to use and mod reliant. Still hes tradeable - you dont have to have plat to trade even if im not sure WHY newbs should access to all frames ASAP because i sure as hell didnt when i was a noob lol.

Still that wasnt the point anyway - the other guy was stating sorties are meant to be endgame bonuses... they ARE esp with enticing rewards exclusive to them.

So...squishier and more difficult to use 'Frames should be HARDER to obtain? And newbs shouldn't even be able to access them?

I'm so glad you're not part of the official dev team, because that's a horribly narrow-minded and elitist way of thinking.

The only thing remotely enticing about Sorties are Legendary Cores - but that's not the topic of this discussion. The topic is putting Nezha behind Sorties - time-gated end-game missions. Nezha is not end-game level material and should not be behind end-level missions. Even if the drop tables weren't so punishing, Nezha still doesn't belong there.

i don't see why soo much rage about it, for example at first mesa was way worst to wet, and hydroid??? it was a joke

nezha part are tradeable and the only part whit low drop its system, chassis and helmet drop a lot.

unless we can farm it in other place its wanna be in sorties forever, the only real "problem" it's that you can do sorties once at day so its limited (daily) how much can be farmed

sorry for my bad english

Edited by calabaza9000