Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties

(XBOX)JACK BURT0N LSG

What player group was this designed for and are players generally enjoying it? I ask because I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on here Sorties could be played "solo or with friends" and from what I've seen, solo is not an option. I've described this to the people I play Warframe with and they refuse to touch it. Playing with randoms is fun until the enemy completely and comically fills the screen to the point that you can't see anything. And forget it, if its the infested with all the armor, health and power draining you're pretty much instakilled when something breaths on you. The only fun part of Sorties is listening to the string of profanity and gamer rage the comes out of the ridiculous difficulty.

Now normally I wouldn't bother with game modes with this level of ridiculous difficulty except you introduced this cool "school" system and then made the only way to earn focus lenses by playing Sorties. Judging by the amount of cursing and frustration I hear over open mics when I play these, I'd wager I'm not alone. Or maybe I'm getting too old for this stuff. I don't really know. I guess my feedback is don't advertise things as a solo experience that aren't and give us "scrubs" an alternative. I'm probably just getting too old for this stuff.

it really depends on the game type.

i tend to avoid solo when playing defense, mobile defense, interception, rescue... things where fast movement and positioning aren't going to help you finish the mission. 

the rest i solo. (extermination, spy, survival, etc.)

although today's rescue did make me laugh hysterically with everybody misunderstanding the mechanics. (i.e. instantly alerted wardens) and blaming players on screwing up followed by 3 attempts to rescue the target before he died.

overall, i'm enjoying these sorties, however, days where you have mobile defense followed by defense followed by survival do become a bit cloying.

As for me, I ran most of these mission solo too, the only reasons I ever ran in team was to help my clan mates that needed my help to complete spy or interception stuff. ( Yes, of course that means : Re-run every sortie again. 3 time a day cx )
I enjoy sortie, I enjoy not being able to Oneshoot enemies and finnaly using my combo and power correctly.
That string of profanity may come from players who expect something hard to be easy.

Edit: the one thing I do hate about sortie is the low amount of focus you actually get from doing it... Forcefully stuck in a 80-100 level interception for 4 round and you barely get 2000-3000 focus from it. While of course the mean "Draco" clear out the whole map in a second and leave at 4 wave with thrice the amount without sweating even a little.

although today's rescue did make me laugh hysterically with everybody misunderstanding the mechanics. (i.e. instantly alerted wardens) and blaming players on screwing up followed by 3 attempts to rescue the target before he died.

I'm pretty sure the wardens and time trigger are active as soon as you open the door... I may be wrong though...

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

So basically Sorties are for the "leet" veterans? I've been playing this game since it released on XB1, hit MR 14, got prime weapons, corrupted mods, formas, etc but I never really understood the need for certain frames and weapons for certain missions. Kinda defeats the whole mod/upgrade system, but then again I never fully understood it anyways.

I watched 3 Valkyr's run around a Sortie, never went down yet my multi forma'd, blue potatoed Nova P went down instantly. Multiple times. Last time I played Valkyr she was pretty fragile. Do shields/armor/health have no meaning in Sorties? It's getting to be too much like actual work trying to figure out how to "properly" play the game. I spend as much time researching as I do playing.

I can't believe you guys think this stuff is easy, all I hear on open mics is cursing and rage. More power to you if you're that good. I'm definitely not lol.

So basically Sorties are for the "leet" veterans? I've been playing this game since it released on XB1, hit MR 14, got prime weapons, corrupted mods, formas, etc but I never really understood the need for certain frames and weapons for certain missions. Kinda defeats the whole mod/upgrade system, but then again I never fully understood it anyways.

I watched 3 Valkyr's run around a Sortie, never went down yet my multi forma'd, blue potatoed Nova P went down instantly. Multiple times. Last time I played Valkyr she was pretty fragile. Do shields/armor/health have no meaning in Sorties? It's getting to be too much like actual work trying to figure out how to "properly" play the game. I spend as much time researching as I do playing.

I can't believe you guys think this stuff is easy, all I hear on open mics is cursing and rage. More power to you if you're that good. I'm definitely not lol.

Augmented Enemy Armor and Reduced Elemental Damage Sorties can be tough, especially when they are on Survival/ Defense/ Excavation, etc, but for the most part I don't run into too many issues.

A lot of it is knowing how to move in the game, and when to CC the enemy. 

You won't go down in a single hit in these Sorties, unless a special modifier is in place, Taking cover is sometimes paramount.

If all else fails, you can usually get away with an Invis Loki.

You definitely need to know how to mod and what frames to use for certain missions. Forma is useless if you don't know how to properly mod your gear and some frames are just not suited for certain mission types. It'll be easier for you if you learn these two important things.

Valkyr has invincibility while using her ultimate.

As for the Infested with armour buff,

I just use my melee Ash Prime, fully forma-ed, w/ War, a set of Arcane Trickery, and Naramon with the perk that makes me invisible with melee crits.

(ONLY OPEN AFTER SECOND DREAM QUEST)

I was able to cut through the guys pretty easily with this setup, and it's slowly becoming my favorite.

Some of the modifiers can make them very difficult, but it's not impossible. Yesterday (Dec.24) I solo'd that Sortie for all 3 missions only using Ivara (not constant Prowling either). Failed the first Exterminate on my first attempt because Toxin damage and Juggernaut was able to waste my revives.

Same as xethier said, I solo the missions like Exterminate, Spy, Rescue, etc. I've only done random public matches when joining Sorties (Survival, Mobile Defense, Defense) and have only had 1 match that failed. It's important to pick a frame that can provide support to other players as well. I usually run as Irradiating Loki, but Frost is also one I'd run to be helpful. Made it to the very last wave of a Defense with only me as Loki and a Frost, so that combo is very effective. If it hadn't been for Corpus Nullifiers and Energy Leeches it would've been much easier and beaten it.

To help with some of the modifiers (damage resistance, augmented armor/shields) I usually run Ivara with a dagger using Covert Lethality. Sleep Arrow opens up enemies to finishers that the dagger can one-hit kill regardless of resistance/health/armor/shield/level. Other frames like Radial Blind Excalibur or Sleep Equinox would also work, but not have the indefinite Invis like Ivara to avoid enemies not affected by sleep/blind. I'd also suggest Sonicor for any/every Sortie mission because you can ragdoll any enemy around you and it deals pretty good damage, too.

Warframe selection is of paramount importance.

A well played Banshee can come in extremely handy for high armor modifiers. (resonance & sonic fracture) improved further with Corrosive Projection. At that point I believe that Banshee can strip 100% armor from any target after a sonic boom. (which can hit a disturbing number of targets if used carefully) Compounded with an 8x or better damage increase with sonar... With those stacked up you can kill level 100 mobs with an unleveled braton. :P

Edited by xethier

What player group was this designed for and are players generally enjoying it? I ask because I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on here Sorties could be played "solo or with friends" and from what I've seen, solo is not an option. I've described this to the people I play Warframe with and they refuse to touch it. Playing with randoms is fun until the enemy completely and comically fills the screen to the point that you can't see anything. And forget it, if its the infested with all the armor, health and power draining you're pretty much instakilled when something breaths on you. The only fun part of Sorties is listening to the string of profanity and gamer rage the comes out of the ridiculous difficulty.

Now normally I wouldn't bother with game modes with this level of ridiculous difficulty except you introduced this cool "school" system and then made the only way to earn focus lenses by playing Sorties. Judging by the amount of cursing and frustration I hear over open mics when I play these, I'd wager I'm not alone. Or maybe I'm getting too old for this stuff. I don't really know. I guess my feedback is don't advertise things as a solo experience that aren't and give us "scrubs" an alternative. I'm probably just getting too old for this stuff.

Keep in mind, elite players will take any and all opportunities to brag about any achievement they can lord over less realer gamers regardless if that information is solicited or even relevant to the question you had. If someone responds to your legit grievance or inquiry with how easy it was for them then just nod politely and carry on with you life before they start going indepth about their loadout or K:D.  

Also, my experience with Warframe's community has always been relatively positive save for a couple rare occurrences but day 1 of u18's launch was the first time someone ever threw a derogatory term at me while couch-coaching me from his revive state via mic after he used up all of his revives and we were in the 11th hour to finish the last sortie. Challenging modes tend to bring out the worst in people in one way or another so keep in mind that this is just a goofy exhibition play for rare(ish) items. 

Regarding the "solo" semantics, I think what they were trying to say was that if you wanted to go into Sorties without any clan members or friends you could be match-made with a team on the fly and be able to do these missions just by improvising and adapting to friend/foe alike. If you've ever played Destiny's Nightfall hard mode which didn't include matchmaking as of year 1 when I quit,  you know how valuable this is. Elite players will overreact with old southern rhetoric at the mere suggestion of gaming with the random, pedestrian gamers that have the nerve to play games for fun at the same time as them, but it can take a very frustrating tooth-pull of a hard mode and turn it into a frenetic episode of the A team where everyone is just failing upward and it sometimes works out for the best. Yeah, sometimes you get partnered up with people who never learned to cope with or work under pressure but it's just the way it works out sometimes. If anyone is overtly rude I tend to just back out and leave them be. The people who take the game too seriously are just as counterproductive as the noob that doesn't understand the basics of the game.

Anyway, if you really want to get along better in Sorties then don't overthink it. Switch priority from Warframe damage output toward utility since that scales along with difficulty in most cases and start looking at your Warframes and what their innate strengths are. That's not to say you can't get fancy with them but it helps to have an understanding of where your strengths and weaknesses are because these mods are built to exploit both.  Most importantly, pay very close attention to the mission modifiers. Stipulations such as Augmented Armor or Radiation Storm (AKA FRIENDLY FIRE ENABLED WHEN PROC'D) can make you feel like you are underqualified when you are pretty much at the stage you are expected to be at. 

And I get where you are coming from, the anger is real. I had to do an excavation mission with enemies that had blast procs on their weapons. Now, I've never encounter blast proc's in such a high volume before but I am almost certain this is the most profane Christmas I've ever had in my life o_o. Also, I had to resort to Wukong because of his immortality ability and they still found a way to kill him via stunlocks and explosive AoE bullets. Do you know how many times you need to die in a row for Defy to just clock out?!????! But I digress... At least they make for funny stories later on. 

Keep in mind, elite players will take any and all opportunities to brag about any achievement they can lord over less realer gamers

This literally hasn't been happening in this thread and was mentioned for no reason except for you to try to persuade him that your wall of text explaining basic things about what's important at end game is the best one to listen to.

Good players are the type who spot people like you.

Seriously, though, OP, sorties are made for people who are ready for, and capable, of doing high level endless content. Crowd control, maxed out weapons and frames, and the ability to effectively use the environment to aid your survival are all key.

If you aren't running with a group of people that regularly do that, or you, yourself, aren't ready to do that, then you're going to have difficulty with the missions. Which is exactly the point. It's to give "end-game ready" players something to actually do that isn't a self imposed challenge.

Its all nice and dandy with the difficulty until theres augmented armor or radiation damage on the third mission. That coupled with a endless mission type and it just gets tedious and ultimately is hardly worth the effort with the current rewards.

If i recall correctly, there was a survival on Uranus with augmented armor the other day. I was doing THREE digit critical hits to heavier units with my tonkor and that was with what, 7.7 crit multi? Its tedious.

Then theres radiation damage which is just lovely with grineer, i wouldnt call insta kill hard as much as i would call it unfair.

If i recall correctly, there was a survival on Uranus with augmented armor the other day. I was doing THREE digit critical hits to heavier units with my tonkor and that was with what, 7.7 crit multi? Its tedious.

They call her Banshee. You would like her. She makes situations like that trivial.

Its all nice and dandy with the difficulty until theres augmented armor or radiation damage on the third mission. That coupled with a endless mission type and it just gets tedious and ultimately is hardly worth the effort with the current rewards.

Then theres radiation damage which is just lovely with grineer, i wouldnt call insta kill hard as much as i would call it unfair.

this is where group warframe composition comes in handy.

bring a loki to disarm (and irradiate everybody in range) <- very good when dealing with things like incoming elemental damage

bring a banshee to amp up damage and strip armor

bring a frost or vauban to slow down incoming mobs (flow control)

bring a nova to further slow / amp up damage.

with that group, even with crap weapons, working together, will make that type of mission almost trivial.

Me and my small group of friends have not been able to beat all the sortie's on any given day even with our best strategy's (Two veterans and one kind of sucks).This would normally not be an issue but Focus lenses are locked behind them and I think its quite unfair to most of the player base in all honesty. They should just put lenses in the market for the same price as a forma and leave it at that. One could call this "Pay To Win" but personally locking lenses behind something 95 percent of the community cant do generally.

Me and my small group of friends have not been able to beat all the sortie's on any given day even with our best strategy's (Two veterans and one kind of sucks).This would normally not be an issue but Focus lenses are locked behind them and I think its quite unfair to most of the player base in all honesty. They should just put lenses in the market for the same price as a forma and leave it at that. One could call this "Pay To Win" but personally locking lenses behind something 95 percent of the community cant do generally.

On PC the lenses are 8nin the market.

Has that not happened on the other consoles?

I wish they were on the market for the Xbox version but unfortunately no. This means I have no way of getting more lenses right now to as well as rest of the community who cant put a group together to do sorties.

Greater Lenses are 40p in the Market on all platforms.