Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If All Warframes Had Passive Energy Regen?

DemonbaneSol

Like not even as much as the rate Archwings get, but something where the unranked frame would have a barely noticeable energy regen, and then as you get it to 30, it gradually gets a natural regen of about half of a max rank Energy Siphon mod, maybe with the Energy Siphon mod being tweaked so that at max frame rank and max mod rank together, you get what maxed Enegry Siphon gets now.

In other words, a balanced passive energy regen; not so high that power spamming becomes a thing, but still eventually strong enough to do some measurable good (regen would automatically stop during toggle abilities like Exalted Blade, Hysteria, Spectral Scream, Effigy, etc. to keep them from becoming truly infinite, and maybe regen temporarily stops when inside a Nullifier's bubble).

Your thoughts?

Everyone would run Corrosive Projection instead.

Aura variety is quite bad as it is, with the absolute meta being CP with ES and Rejuvenation dragging behind, every other aura is either completely useless or seen once in a blue moon.

I run ES on some frames that need it, or makes sease to use it on. I seen alot with ES, then CP, weirdly enough..

Tho Rej, yeah its a nice arua, but it really needs to be buffed, or Trin has that aura by default.

Before the implementation of the focus system I'd have said yes, but now, if you want energy regen, you could go with the Zenurik school. Since I unlocked the ability, I don't need energy plates anymore.

And what about those that haven't gotten to Second Dream yet?

You unlock it at MR3, it's not that hard to reach it

What if you like the passive of another focus?

There's something called variety, what would start slowly dying if we get innate everything regen. 4cp meta wpuld end ruling the world because energy siphon would no longer be needed (anyways you don't need ES in a squad with an EV trin). So why adding energy regen also as a passive and make some things redundant?

Before the implementation of the focus system I'd have said yes, but now, if you want energy regen, you could go with the Zenurik school. Since I unlocked the ability, I don't need energy plates anymore.

You unlock it at MR3, it's not that hard to reach it

Second Dream is gated behind both the Stolen Memories and Natah quests.  And Natah requires an Archwing to complete.

4cp is only used in coordinated endless missions. For normal play it's not needed.

Making ES passive would mean that in 90% of the game players would be free to chose their aura instead of using ES for normal play and CP for endless.

Players are actually free to choose their aura. Relying on powerspam makes ES the most used aura, but still it doesn't take away any of the other options, so I fail to see a reason to make innate energy regen, and using the "variety" argument doesn't help much

What if you like the passive of another focus?

Err.....not a serious question, right?  The topic offered is a suggestion that all frames get innate energy regen.  Every frame HAS the choice of innate energy regen through focus.  If you don't want passive energy regen, don't equip Energy Siphon. Don't go with the Zenurik school.  You can choose.

As for "what if you don't have it, blah blah blah"....you can.  It's low MR, obtaining a different lens is possible if you don't have the Zenurik lens.  There is no viable devils advocate argument that paves the way for just getting it as a freebie, you have an easily obtainable choice.  In fact, if a person has to do it on the cheap, a lesser lens will cost you the same as Energy Siphon in trade.  If you have to do it free, you can probably get a Zenurik lens from sorties before another Energy Siphon alert comes up.

Everyone can have it, everyone is 100% free to choose their aura right now.

i'm all for it and it would be a great help to new players. It can be a long time before they get their hands on an energy siphon or finish all the requirement to access focus and leveled it.

It didn't break archwing and won't break the normal mode either. And i don't get people linking power spamming and energy siphon when we have trinity and restore...

Recruit chat is full of LF ES aura team right ~~

The ONLY way I would support this is if it was on an idle timer, was at a rate of about .2 per second, and absolutely required you to not only not move, but not attack or take any form of damage, whatsoever, for the entirety of the time that you're trying to regenerate energy.

IE: Stand still for 10 seconds with nothing happening, begin regenerating energy.

This both gives frames innate energy regeneration without stepping on the toes of the energy siphon aura.

The ONLY way I would support this is if it was on an idle timer, was at a rate of about .2 per second, and absolutely required you to not only not move, but not attack or take any form of damage, whatsoever, for the entirety of the time that you're trying to regenerate energy.

IE: Stand still for 10 seconds with nothing happening, begin regenerating energy.

This both gives frames innate energy regeneration without stepping on the toes of the energy siphon aura.

We might just as well make Meditate regen some energy.