Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Helmet For Tennogen wip "Jackal".

arch111

Earrings and some final tweakings.to the geometry and then I will finedetail it.

The last question will be how to paint the tintmask so it will look good.

I hope that one will sort itself out.

Edited by arch111

in the last model showcase/update his face kind of resembled a large complex snout, kind of like a kubrow.

it looks a lot less so with the coloring.

You know, I can't judge if that's a positive or negative comment.

Anyway, alot is angles and light and the closeup I did before was a really messy first attempt.

The ears seem to be a little ...displaced? maybe you could replace them so they are more at the heads side instead the top but keep the rest in place?

My photoshop skills are better than my articulations so i`ll let them speak for my idea

BEHOLD

kNNOly9.jpg

This is awsome

Nice to hear. Initially I planned to upload this to workshop before the 11/2. however I ran into problems with the setup and tennogen, I looked into it to late.

I failed to realize the tubes are partof the head and not body as I thought.

So I have to do some changes.

The good part is tgat I can make changes to the tubes, and maby even add more geo.

That helmet looks beautiful, and has just the right amount of creepy for a Nekros accessory. Regarding complaints that the helmet looks too literal/isn't muted enough for a Tenno cosmetic item, we have items like Mirage's Harlequin mask and Trinity's Strega skin that are heavily based on historical/mythical attire and completely different to most other cosmetics, yet nonetheless extremely popular and well-accepted (the Mirage helmet clearly has eyes, too), so it would still likely be a good fit. 

First thing I though while at this concept is "Whoa, wow, what it that freaky thing jutting out from his face?"

It's a cool idea, but I think you went a little overkill with the snout. Like, the snout just kinda juts out there and draws a lot of attention to itself, and disrupts the profile a lot.

I don't think you should get rid of the snout, but it really is hitting people over the head with the design. Maybe pull it back a bit, shorten it down, make it a little less obvious? Sometimes less is more.

First thing I though while at this concept is "Whoa, wow, what it that freaky thing jutting out from his face?"

It's a cool idea, but I think you went a little overkill with the snout. Like, the snout just kinda juts out there and draws a lot of attention to itself, and disrupts the profile a lot.

I don't think you should get rid of the snout, but it really is hitting people over the head with the design. Maybe pull it back a bit, shorten it down, make it a little less obvious? Sometimes less is more.

I have done so many sketches and iterations by now that I can tell you a few things.

The leangth of the snout can not be to long because it risks clipping, it can not be too short or it looses the jackal.

A jackal is very pointed, the snout and eyes and ears are what it is knows by.

I see your point, and at this stage I feel I have toned down the snout, but yeah it is a nose/mouth focal point that looks weird, but I think that warframes must have weird in them.

Ivara has crooked teeth and a giant cartoon eyeball. Warframe design is strange.

• 2 weeks later...