Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

Just now, Major_Phantom said:

I refused to buy mag vault cause of how inconsiderate devs were to vets who have the gear (not even letting us get the bps...) so that armor will forever remain the only cosmetic in the game that makes me rage :(

I missed it first time around with the nyx prime access because I lacked funds, I was so excited to see it come back so I had to get it

I'm glad the fix has finally come.

While playing with palettes, I realized some color schemes make Caduto look like a dragon... I love it, but I'll need more cutomization slots in order to keep one of those.

Spoiler

I'll go the Prime Orokin way for now

S6Mnxx5.jpg

and one of the usual dark schemes:

BAHMvBh.jpg

My rate to the skin: 10/10
Currently using 2/3 of my appearance tabs, and I would even buy a copy to my little brother.

Thank you Hitsu!

53 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I'm glad the fix has finally come.

My rate to the skin: 10/10
Currently using 2/3 of my appearance tabs, and I would even buy a copy to my little brother.

Thank you Hitsu!

Thank you so much! :D I'm really glad you guys are appreciating it!

49 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Thank you so much! :D I'm really glad you guys are appreciating it!

It's definitely gorgeous. I don't even play excal, and I want to buy it. Currently I'm asking myself whether I should start playing excal more, just to justify gettting the skin.  :)

23 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

It's definitely gorgeous. I don't even play excal, and I want to buy it. Currently I'm asking myself whether I should start playing excal more, just to justify gettting the skin.  :)

Haha thanks :D well excalibur is definitely fun to play with!

19 minutes ago, Brachion said:

I like the skin, but the fact that you can't color the grey areas bugs me a bit. It makes it harder to come up with good color schemes.

Actually, i makes it easier ^^ (i know cause i've spent days designing the tintmasks) It shouldn't be hard though, this is probably one of the easiest i've made to color, what's your color scheme? You know i can help with that, i'm an artist XD i should know how to make a good color scheme!

I have to say, the skin looks quite amazing.
I am enjoying a lot! Great work Hitsu San.

One question thou, after the latest patch the "colored" parts (right under and behind the shoulder, side-legs and behind the neck, pretty much) lost their pbr-ish look (they were not as metallic as the metal parts but the colors used to shine a lot more than now), which made the colors look a bit more dull. Was that also intended?
I miss my lapislazuli/ruby decorations already ...

13 minutes ago, Sidereus said:

I have to say, the skin looks quite amazing.
I am enjoying a lot! Great work Hitsu San.

One question thou, after the latest patch the "colored" parts (right under and behind the shoulder, side-legs and behind the neck, pretty much) lost their pbr-ish look (they were not as metallic as the metal parts but the colors used to shine a lot more than now), which made the colors look a bit more dull. Was that also intended?
I miss my lapislazuli/ruby decorations already ...

Yes it was intended in the sense that i deliberately put reflection on top of it but i didn't know that it was going to dull the metallic effect because we (tennogen artists) can't try the changes on the actual game engine and on all the other game engines i've tried that it worked perfectly. I'm probably going to apply a fix to it once i speak with Kary to see if there's a way to make it work like before ;)

Sorry for all the delays, i was a little busy with this ;) https://www.artstation.com/artwork/0eqdE

21 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Yes it was intended in the sense that i deliberately put reflection on top of it but i didn't know that it was going to dull the metallic effect because we (tennogen artists) can't try the changes on the actual game engine and on all the other game engines i've tried that it worked perfectly. I'm probably going to apply a fix to it once i speak with Kary to see if there's a way to make it work like before ;)

Sorry for all the delays, i was a little busy with this ;) https://www.artstation.com/artwork/0eqdE

Oh, that is such good news to me.
I really liked the previous metallic effect on the whole area, as for the skin, it is really really nice, to the point it had me play Excalibur again.
Can't wait for the fix!

Nice Syandana, Corpus-sympathizers will like it a lot.
And (as for something I just found out) as always, bel lavoro, Tenno.

EDIT:

oZX586b.jpg

1. Hope I am mistaken but the lights on the shoulder part seem a bit lower than before in resolution (or pixelation on the edges is more noticeable). Maybe a side-effect of the "un-metal" fix?
As I said tho, I might be mistaken.

2. Out of curiosity, was this area supposed to be pbr-metal too?

Sorry if this is being a bother for you, I wouldn't care this much if this wasn't my favourite Excalibur skin.

On 9/15/2016 at 11:21 PM, Sidereus said:

1. Hope I am mistaken but the lights on the shoulder part seem a bit lower than before in resolution (or pixelation on the edges is more noticeable). Maybe a side-effect of the "un-metal" fix?
As I said tho, I might be mistaken.

2. Out of curiosity, was this area supposed to be pbr-metal too?

Sorry if this is being a bother for you, I wouldn't care this much if this wasn't my favourite Excalibur skin.

Ahhh you've got me ^^ Unfortunately that alias effect is what it is... low resolution on my part. The problem is that up until recently i was working with a very low end videocard (no money to upgrade) and i couldn't possibly work on high res. Doing it that way means that the tiny details are way too low res compared to the rest and you'll get a little bit of alias. I've managed to upgrade my pc after i've finished Emperor so that shouldn't happen anymore. Once i get my answer from DE about if there's a way to make it look metallic like before (or at least more close) i'll see if i can fix that too without risking of breaking anything (that's always a big problem).

17 hours ago, derp215 said:

Caduto skin looks great, Hitsu! I paired it with Teplo Syandana:

EByTaeQ.jpg

Haha yeah they work really good together :D

11 hours ago, Senketsu_ said:

Played with the colors a little more since they fixed his issues. Still LOVE it!naAV1jc.jpg

Wow look at that :D it looks so professional in blue and white.

3 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Ahhh you've got me ^^ Unfortunately that alias effect is what it is... low resolution on my part. The problem is that up until recently i was working with a very low end videocard (no money to upgrade) and i couldn't possibly work on high res. Doing it that way means that the tiny details are way too low res compared to the rest and you'll get a little bit of alias. I've managed to upgrade my pc after i've finished Emperor so that shouldn't happen anymore. Once i get my answer from DE about if there's a way to make it look metallic like before (or at least more close) i'll see if i can fix that too without risking of breaking anything (that's always a big problem).

I see.
The main reason why I asked about the alias is that it wasn't this noticeable in the previous model if I remember it correctly.
I (we) can't thank you enough for your constant work/fixing and I have to admit that knowing you'll be working on that makes me rejoice.
With pixelation gone and that lil more satin-metal feel on that side, Caduto skin is actually perfect.

Might I ask again thou, is that part (2) in the pic meant to be pbr-metallic aswell?

I apologize once more for my OCDs and perfectionism and wish you a full recovery, Tenno.

Archived