Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In An Attempt To Make The Tenno Relateable, You Made Them Lame. (Spoilers)

Inmemoratus

I just got around to doing the Second Dream. I'm really disappointed with what it turned out the Tenno are. I mean they're just humans really. They have special powers or whatever, but they're way too human.

Before this was revealed, the Tenno were mysterious and strange. It wasn't clear what they were and that was a good thing.

I see this a lot. Game devs try to make characters relateable but in doing so they make them too mundane and strip them of all mystique.

The Second Dream ties into the other bits of lore that have existed in the game for a while.  Codex entries, events, and more recently quests.  Hell, Ember Prime's (a 2-year old frame) codex entry talks about an accident in the void and "they were children".

I mean were you expecting us to be the hulk or have extra arms that were conveniently tucked out of camera view in every scene or something?

We've known the Tenno were human-like for a while now, when in reference to the Zariman.

Exactly how much had been unknown.

I like everything about the Second Dream Quest. I find it incredibly cool that the Tenno are super powerful beings, too powerful for themselves to not use the Warframes, and too fragile to not use those Warframes.

Matter of opinion, really.

The Second Dream ties into the other bits of lore that have existed in the game for a while.  Codex entries, events, and more recently quests.  Hell, Ember Prime's (a 2-year old frame) codex entry talks about an accident in the void and "they were children".

I mean were you expecting us to be the hulk or have extra arms that were conveniently tucked out of camera view in every scene or something?

Well in my imagination they were energy beings, maybe formerly human.

It doesn't matter. I liked it a lot more when it was vague and we could imagine what they might be.

Why do you think they tried to make them relatable? Because they're human?

That'sl ike saying Blizzard made one of the races human just so it could be relatable. It works into the lore.

No matter what they came up with, someone would be disappointed. You'll move on.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Why do you think they tried to make them relatable? Because they're human?

That'sl ike saying Blizzard made one of the races human just so it could be relatable. It works into the lore.

No matter what they came up with, someone would be disappointed. You'll move on.

Why does everything have to be revealed? Sometimes when you want to make something cool you obscure it in order to allow the imagination to run wild.

Mysteries inherently lose all of their mystique when solved. That's just the nature of the beast, unfortunately.

Yep! That's the deeper reason why I'm upset about it.

Edited by Inmemoratus

In honest truth,why those it matter? you are just human.

In by any idea unless you make your own life interesting your an uninteresting human but life moves in either way if your interesting or not.

It was needed for the lore to establish the tenno and the warframe relationship so the simplest answer was always their and we already been hinted quiet well to that.

In the situation to come with Alad V now in tied with the lore we should be getting remark to what Warframes are and what they are made of.

We still have the Women grineer boss who been retouch and remade so that is also a coming thing and the Prophet of profit as well.

In most Case all our enemies are human like even the corpus their is really nothing apart from the infested and the warframe that is not human like discounting the robots here.

Vor human clone with janus key(power)

Sargus Human clone with augmented technology

Vey hek Human clone with augmented technology

Tyl regor Human clone with augmented genes and genetics

Alad V human genius

All they did was change the name Human to Orokin and tag the future on it.....and theoretically put the tag their you will be more advance that is why the idea of everything they do in the game is possible.

THAT and voodoo Void magic

Edited by Leavith

Why does everything have to be revealed? Sometimes when you want to make something cool you obscure it in order to allow the imagination to run wild.

The majority of people wanted to know what the tenno were, and this is where DE wanted to go with the game. Without it, it's just a vague faceless entity with no importance doing things that don't make sense without context.

The majority of people wanted to know what the tenno were, and this is where DE wanted to go with the game. Without it, it's just a vague faceless entity with no importance doing things that don't make sense without context.

and now it's a vague entity with a face doing things of unknown importance that make not very much sense and feel out of context! :D

it's a bit closer i guess.

It was in the Codex entries, Lore was there the whole time

DE wanted to open that part more and continue the bits they left. 

People asked for more lore explanation. We got it, hinting back to the entries.

No one said anything about. being relatable.

DE Steve even said in Twitter that not everyone is going to like it, that not everyone will appreciate the reveal. 

That is true, DE cannot please everyone. I already see that the majority of players enjoyed the second dream. They will continue with what they revealed and carry  it in the end. Expanding with it, if you will.

All they did was change the name Human to Orokin and tag the future on it.....and theoretically put the tag their you will be more advance that is why the idea of everything they do in the game is possible.

Not quite. 

The Grineer are human, the Corpus are human, the Tenno are human. 

They all originate from the Origin System. It's just how they've isolated their societies so much that they've evolved in different ways. The Tenno are of the Orokin Empire, while the Corpus appear to breed, and the Grineer resort to cloning. Despite being different races, you can still peg on them the term 'human'.

I just got around to doing the Second Dream. I'm really disappointed with what it turned out the Tenno are. I mean they're just humans really. They have special powers or whatever, but they're way too human.

Before this was revealed, the Tenno were mysterious and strange. It wasn't clear what they were and that was a good thing.

I see this a lot. Game devs try to make characters relateable but in doing so they make them too mundane and strip them of all mystique.

I don't see why this was a surprise. My guesses were between:

* Fourth wall mechanic, where we are only one Frame, but we switch for "game reasons".

* Technocyte constructs, where we dumped a human consciousness as a pilot, with the Liset storing backups.

* Secondary control, where we have a Tenno ... somewhere, and every time we go into a mission we push a mind copy into a Frame while the original stays behind. If the Frame gets destroyed, the original person/mind still exists, if the Frame comes back, you just wipe the mind from the Frame after a sync.

Simply being told "nah, it's actually this" does not change the fact that it's just a game. You nod and move on.

@IIIDevoidIII

yeah, I see what you mean but I was referring in metaphoric way since the words human I don't think ever comes up in Warframe just the word orokin.

We get ancient civilization story from one of the skins(either glaive or excel skin look) but that is about it I don't think I ever see the word Human.

But like I said I understand that.

Their a little to human for my taste. For genocidal creatures they sure are way to down to earth. Most likely the dialogues fault. DE needs to make these characters Borderland like where their fun and funny to have around. Not boring little creatures that pop up to be CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. -.-

DE they either need be: Calm tactical and human like. Which I would hate because that makes me think of those anime idiots who kill a bunch of people then cry about killing X character because they knew them for about 5 minutes. >.>

Or they need to be genocidal maniacs which would make more logical sense since. 1. They should be mentally messed up since they where forced to kill people as children. 2. Makes sense because they are still doing this.

Tenno either need to be Human, or monsters. Right now their basically robots. Humans means they are emotional and relatable characters who are their for story. Monsters means they are their for fun, for you to laugh and smile at. Their suppose to be the entity. The Tenno story leans toward them being monsters, and it wouldn't make sense for them to be humanlike characters.

(Monsters meaning not relatable, humans meaning relatable.)

DE you can't make a character suppose to be YOU then give them a backstory that makes them not even close to being YOU. Though give them dialogue that makes them YOU. It makes no sense storywise.

P.S You can make a character a monster and make it tragic. It's actually easier to do. With the story you have made it is much easier to go down the road as the tragic hero/villian.

You didn't choose the path blah blah blah you where forced to go down this path blah blah. Makes you feel bad that these children where forced to become weapons of war. AKA Tragic villain road.

Or you could go down the path: Yada yada they don't want to kill, but yada yada its the right thing to do. AKA The HERO road.

P.S Their are many more ways they could take the story, though I am just stating their are 2 general ways to take their story at the moment. 1 being the tragic road, the other being the Hero road.

Edited by Feallike

Their a little to human for my taste. For genocidal creatures they sure are way to down to earth. Most likely the dialogues fault. DE needs to make these characters Borderland like where their fun and funny to have around. Not boring little creatures that pop up to be CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. -.-

I feel that is the case of being 'innocent'. They haven't had the chance to express themselves at all in all those years they've been locked away on the moon.

I would wish that, as time moves on, your behavior in the game translates to the Tenno having 'hard' opinions. This could be done through the choices made in events/ Quests, should a choice be given.

I feel that is the case of being 'innocent'. They haven't had the chance to express themselves at all in all those years they've been locked away on the moon.

I would wish that, as time moves on, your behavior in the game translates to the Tenno having 'hard' opinions. This could be done through the choices made in events/ Quests, should a choice be given.

I would love their personality to change as the game progresses. (I doubt the DE will put the effort into it to make it RPG like that though who knows) Though it seems they are trying to make the Tenno a hero figure.

I would love the idea of a RPG progressive step in events. I have no idea how this would work without having to lable one faction as the bad guys. Which I really hope they don't do. All the factions have a reason for fighting and stamping them as bad guys would be a crime in my book of story writing.

AKA If you join corpus your Tenno becomes more interested in money, and if you help greneer your tenno gets more bloodthirsty. That gives a stigma that the Greneer are brutes who are just out to kill while the Corpus are their for money. Stamping the Greneer are the "Bad Guys" and the Corpus as just "greedy". 

there is no innocence when you have much experience being a mass murderer.

death is the fastest fuel to hardening people.

sounds like you had expectation based on the surface of who they were rather than what was already there based on codex entries. either way, i have to disagree. i enjoyed the second dream because it astrayed from badass/silent/stoic faces behind the mask and inserted an innocence within it all

but hey, perspectives are perspectives