Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could We Finally Get Rid Of Lotus' Repetitive Speeches ?

Enno69

Hello to all, I just wish to point out something that annoys me and may also bother some of you - feel free to comment. I am talking about the comments the Lotus always make during missions ; for literally everything we do, there is a sentence spoken, from starting a mission, to turning off an alarm, to unlocking a door, to reaching a Spy vault, to completeing a wave in defense or interception, and now to fighting Sentients as they adapt to attacks. I get why it exists, for immersion etc, but after hearing them for the thousandth time they tend to become seriously annoying.

Don't you wish a way to shut Spacemom up for a while, no offense ? We can already do that for Ordis, for the battle music, and for the Operator, this is great, so why do we still have to hear Lotus constantly give us advices about things we know and can achieve with closed eyes ?

Am I wrong for thinking that ?

We are going to be working on a more intelligent system for Lotus lines this year.  We are thinking of scaling her lines so they don't play as repetitively if you have played the game for 100 hours vs. 1 hour (for example).

Or make her lines more friendly like

"whaddap Tenno?" :D

We are going to be working on a more intelligent system for Lotus lines this year.  We are thinking of scaling her lines so they don't play as repetitively if you have played the game for 100 hours vs. 1 hour (for example).

TBH Lotus' frequency doesn't bother me. Though I would like the option to turn off (COMPLETELY, NO VIDEO COMM POPUP, NO SOUND, NO ANYTHING) all of Ordis' unnecessary lines. I've turned off Ordis' voice before but I had to turn it on again because IIRC quest lines were muted as well.

I'm talking "nice color scheme, my eyes are bleeding", "GUN GUN GUN (YOUR LARGE TEAM HEAL RESTORE IS READY)"

I've had more than enough hearing and seeing these lines popup... especially the color scheme ones when I'm not even done coloring... then he'll *@##$ about my colors again 10 seconds later.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Are you going to do a sort of short and simple thing? Like, keep the "you've been spotted", but take out the "ready your weapon"?

Can you do the same for the operators too? I don't need a pop up every five minutes telling me something I've known for years.

other thing:

she can talk about ice or fire in the mission before talks anything about the objective

especially because right now, she tried do  this after the objective is completed, while heading to the extraction point

How about an option for how often we want to hear her talk? I'd like to keep it as is now for me, and I even miss her comment after finishing exterminates telling us to extract. I haven't that, and I think some other mission complete statements, in a while. Maybe I'm just weird wanting to hear everything as is now lol

That's a change I can get behind, how many times I wish I could just CLOSE that window that pops up whenever Lotus pops up to caterwaul in my ears every single time she pops up.....  and that could cure this world of needless Ordis hate too, 

Edited by Slander630

What really annoys me are visuals of transmissions. No, random boss from sortie, I don't want to see your face instead of starchart. No, Ordis, I don't have time for puns, I'm trying to see what mods I have.

Hope that soon transmissions won't be showing up if you're in menus.

Also, not to be nit-picky here, but the Lotus' wording could use a tune up. For instance, when running spy missions and you have to "extract data," she will say "Data extraction complete. Now get to extraction." That seems overly repetitive, no? Some synonyms couldn't be a bad thing. 

But but.. but... but it's spacemom! Eeeveryone loves spacemom! D= 

Alright on a bit more but not totally serious note, Understandable! We ((a few tenno friends and I)) tend to joke that maybe spacemom is a little drunk when we get the comment from something we did almost five minutes before. It's annoying but tends to make us laugh a bit also. It's not that she annoys me but I wouldn't mind some new dialog from her~ I mean common, she is a mom after all, it's her job to be slightly annoying and keep checking in on if we do our homework or not.

Or make her lines more friendly like

"whaddap Tenno?" :D

as an option that gets visible after 2kh mission time ^^

TBH Lotus' frequency doesn't bother me. Though I would like the option to turn off (COMPLETELY, NO VIDEO COMM POPUP, NO SOUND, NO ANYTHING) all of Ordis' unnecessary lines.

yesplease

How about an option for how often we want to hear her talk? I'd like to keep it as is now for me, and I even miss her comment after finishing exterminates telling us to extract. I haven't that, and I think some other mission complete statements, in a while. Maybe I'm just weird wanting to hear everything as is now lol

i also miss that... "Get to extraction, Tenno, you earned it"

spoily

maybe it just doesn't make sense anymore, but you could just change it to "Get to extraction, Warframe, you earned it"...........

Edited by -.A.-Prime

I wholeheartedly support this.

Straight up and simply put, I would love a toggle button to TURN OFF both Ordis and Lotus. As a player of two thousand hours there is really nothing they can give me any more. Especially after u18, I don't want to look at Lotus any more.

New dialogs huh?

"Tenno, clean your Liset"

"Tenno, this missions results are horrible. No more Wyrmius"

"Tenno, you cannot keep your kubrow in the fridge, play with it"

"Tenno, I am going to have a date with Tyl Regor. There is food in the microwave"

"Tenno, you are not a child anymore. Get a job"

"Tenno, I sold all your old warframes, weapons and prime parts. You were not using them anyway"

Other question : have you ever thought of adding voice lines to syndicates leaders please? The players don't feel like they really are alive when doing syndicate missions (one line then goodbye : how can the players feel a connection with a single line?!)