Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Weapons: Melee?

Nyraxx

With the addition of primary syndicate weapons. Many Syndicate lovers are now using their syndicate's primary and secondary weapons. But of course, every collector is wounded over a lack of syndicate melee weapons. Should DE decide to implement them, this discussion is over which melee weapons the community would like to see, and if they make sense?

1) Red Veil: Rakta Dark Dagger

I am convinced, initially i was in favor of using Cerata, but after seeing a video on youtube where someone was using Dark Dagger with the Red veil mod, coupled with covert lethality, it is a true assassins weapon.Perhaps just making the gleaming blight mod inate?

2) New Loka: Sancti Orthos

This was a difficult choice. Understanding that New Loka means "New World" And that they dislike the cephalon Suda for technological advances. It Is very reminiscent of Shaolin monks. I figured they should have Sancti Orthos, because not only does it go well with the circular design of nature. But that it also is a very desired weapon among the New Loka Tenno I have met. the pole-arm also goes well with their naturalistic designs and theme. They are the harbingers of the new world, and I think the Orthos is a great expression of it.

3) Perrin Sequence: Secura Jat Kittag

Analyzing the weaponry  of the Perrin, one can easily come to the conclusion that they love heavy weaponry, the grenade launcher is strong proof! So with this, I figured, the Jat Kittag, would be best. It is one of the heaviest melee weapons in aesthetics and would fit the heavy firepower as well. It could easily be touched up and given a more futuristic look.

4) Arbiters of Hexis: Telos Nikana

It was difficult to choose the Arbiter's weapon, but ultimately came to Nikana. Analyzing the Arbiters' weapons, we can see that they prefer foot soldier weapons. What I mean is, The Red Veil's style is suited to Assassins, and the Arbiters are more warriors. In Feudal Japan, katanas (Or Nikana in warframe) was the hallmark of honored warriors, samurai. This returns to that theme by giving these honor bound warriors such weapons.

5) Steel Meridian: Vaykor Silva & Aegis

The Steel Meridian, Former Grineer who have found a new path. They fight Guerilla wars against a vast enemy. As such, their weapons are about hitting hard while keeping efficiency. I figured Silva and Aegis would be perfect for them, given their grineer background, they might have kept shields. Shields are the hallmark of royal warriors/guards. The Grineer are such, led by two queens. The most elite warriors would likely have had such shields. The Steel Merridian are of the best Grineer Fighters, and they retain this status in battle, with their Vaykor Silva & Aegis.

6) Cephalon Suda: Synoid Lecta

Sephalon Suda is wise, witty, intelligent, cunning, and condescending. Like many other Cephalon. She is also quite advanced. She offers others laser and gravity weapons. The most technologically advanced melee weapon I could think of is the Lecta, an electric whip that zaps their foe to death. it is the perfect expression of Suda's witticism and fierceness when need be. The only suggestion I could add is perhaps model it with more electricity in the core model.

Also, when do syndicate leaders get names?

*Another viable suggestion was the following: DE make Syndicate melee versions of the weapons the syndicate already has mods for. Example: Red Veil has Gleaming Blight for the Dark Dagger. So the idea is For Red Veil DE make Rakta Dark Dagger, and basically make the gleaming blight mod innate, so increase the status chance by 100% and add the viral proc. etc. and so forth. Not a bad idea, a pretty good one as it would save slots as well. 

Edited by Nyraxx

Here's what to consider in making this.

1) The weapons they've already made.

Red Veil - used Tenno weaponry

Perrin Sequence - used Corpus weaponry

New Loka - used Tenno weaponry

Steel Meridian - used Grineer weaponry

Arbiters of Hexis - used Tenno weaponry (mainly the Boltor set)

Cephalon Suda - used Cephalon weaponry

2) Their goal as a syndicate. (I don't really know much about this atm)

With that you'd have to change a few things in your list.

Red Veil - nothing to change here sounds good enough for me.

New Loka - nothing here too.

Perrin Sequence - it doesn't really fit. If you want Serro is kinda of like Jat Kittag, or if not Prova.

Steel Meridian - if you still want Sword and Shield go for Ack & Brunt, I personally prefer Jat Kittag.

Arbiters of Hexis - BOLTace would go for this one.

Cephalon Suda - there's not really a Cephalon melee yet so we can't predict this.

Edited by secret9005

Please no Telos Boltace. Arbiters need a sword like their sigil. One or 2 handed, straight blade with both edges sharp. The only existing weapon that really fits is Galatine, and while I would love that, I think a brand new one handed sword, possibly exclusive to the Arbiters would be better. I don't care a bit that their other weapons are both Bolt weapons. If sets like this were enforced, we'd have Vaykor Grinlok, Secura Supra, and maybe Sancti Akjagara.

The Bolt pattern CAN be broken, the Arbiters have a clear theme to their cosmetics, and I will be severely disappointed if Telos Boltace exists.

Edited by KinetosImpetus

Actually the Tipedo is more suiting for New Loka. Using your premise of Shaolin Monks, a common tool/weapon employed by said monks was the shaolin spade, which bears striking similarity to the Tipedo.

pala.png

Other than that, Steel Meridian is better suited for the Jat Kittag, Lecta seems like something Perrin would use, and I feel like the Lacera is a good Ceph Suda weapon. Also, Telos Boltace. 'Cause **** you. I want it.

I would bet on Rakta Heat Dagger, simply because Red Veil does use Heat Daggers as a torture tool (as seen in their "base" within relays)

Yup, I saw it too. And based on this I was scratching my head to find a way to have interesting versions of melee weapons. Something unique, but with the design of known weapons.

Steel Meridian : Nunsheev (Nunchuk made with two sheev daggers)

Hexis : Boltace scythe (just a single boltace with long pole)

Suda : Gammacor-styled gunblade

Perrin : Provacera (a prova with lacera like whip)

Red Veil : Dual Heat Daggers 

Loka : Full Venka (Venka with kogake/obex style)

I'm sure we can find better ideas for some, but the general concept looks cool to me ^^

(One of my priority is also to put weapons that don't have that much version in the game )

Edited by Xgomme

Good ideas everyone! Just to let you know, these were my initial suggestions, The decision ultimately lays with DE, the only thing i can say is that it would be kinda redundant to make dark dagger Rakta, because there is the gleaming blight mod which kind of already makes it red veil. but keep posting, formulate ideas, evolution of thought! Hopefully to be followed by evolution of weaponry ;D

Good ideas everyone! Just to let you know, these were my initial suggestions, The decision ultimately lays with DE, the only thing i can say is that it would be kinda redundant to make dark dagger Rakta, because there is the gleaming blight mod which kind of already makes it red veil. but keep posting, formulate ideas, evolution of thought! Hopefully to be followed by evolution of weaponry ;D

precisely and the point of having a rakta dd is to free up that slot taken by GB for moar powahhh

I would bet on Rakta Heat Dagger, simply because Red Veil does use Heat Daggers as a torture tool (as seen in their "base" within relays)

Good idea! Now I can't decide between Dual Heat Daggers or Cerata. :P See what you did :D

I'm down with Rakta Cerata. I get the heat daggers argument, but it seems to only be used there as a torture weapon, while their two prominent themes are Assassin and Infested.

I'm also partial to the Karyst. It comes with a little bit of lore: it belonged to an "exclusive order of Tenno assassins," so I was thinking that Red Veil could get an Infested Karyst, in the style of the Cerata (as opposed to the Mire, for example). Regardless, the Red Veil melee weapon should be both a stealth weapon and Infested.

Arbiters need a sword. Preferably a new sword that matches their symbol. Faction description seems to suggest that the Arbiters are obsessed with the Tenno's Void based powers, so a new sword with some sort of energy aura thing would make perfect sense. If not that then Nikana.

Cephalon Suda should get their own weapon. Maybe a whip? Not too sure.

Perrin and Steel Meridian should get Corpus and Grineer weapons. Prova and Ack & Brunt?

New Loka should get Ether Sword. Cleansing and all that.

I'd prefer if all the Syndicates got unique melee weapons. It wouldn't hurt DE to do that.