Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bow With Infested On It Because Why Not

(PSN)megaman2462

I'd be down for an infested bow, as long as it's not a useless pos like Daikyu. 

We have Damage bows(One each Blunt/Punture/Dlash), status bows, quick charge bows, long charge bows.

so unfortunately, if we got a new bow. It would be mastery fodder, unless they intend for it to be stronger than what we currently have.

We have Damage bows(One each Blunt/Punture/Dlash), status bows, quick charge bows, long charge bows.

so unfortunately, if we got a new bow. It would be mastery fodder, unless they intend for it to be stronger than what we currently have.

If we do get a new bow, I'd imagine it'd be a slash Infested Bow. Or puncture. Not impact. I think it'd probably have an alt-fire function similar to the other mutalist weapons and such.

I don't entirely believe thats a statement that you should be throwing around as if its fact, as its possible that the weapon can be on par/equal(sorta) to the others, or heck, even better. Sure, a weapon may be a bit less worse then another, but each weapon has its own positives in some form or another. Can't say something is Mastery Fodder unless its LITERALLY what it is.

A bit like Twin Basolk.

... In my opinion. :p

Just hoping that if they do, they won't make it as ugly as the Mire. Feels like carrying a rotten chunk of meat.

If we do get a new bow, I'd imagine it'd be a slash Infested Bow. Or puncture. Not impact. I think it'd probably have an alt-fire function similar to the other mutalist weapons and such.

I don't entirely believe thats a statement that you should be throwing around as if its fact, as its possible that the weapon can be on par/equal(sorta) to the others, or heck, even better. Sure, a weapon may be a bit less worse then another, but each weapon has its own positives in some form or another. Can't say something is Mastery Fodder unless its LITERALLY what it is.
A bit like Twin Basolk.

... In my opinion. :p

Poison bow?

Edited by Jangkrik

I'd love to see some crazy infested bow - maybe it fires some kind of larva like creature that curves slightly towards targets, and maybe it latches onto enemies and slowly drains enemy hp, restoring yours... or perhaps the arrows are some kind of pheremone spores that - upon connecting with an enemy - attract swarms of the fly creatures that the Swarm-Mutalist uses, doing damage over time to the enemy.

Something really unique like that.

I'd be down for an infested bow, as long as it's not a useless pos like Daikyu. 

I don't know what daikyu you're using, but mine has 100% toxin status chance and over 1000 puncture damage per shot. The diakyu, while not as good as the dread or paris p, due to it's low crit chance and low rof, can still hold it's own and is definitely not a pos

I don't know what daikyu you're using, but mine has 100% toxin status chance and over 1000 puncture damage per shot. The diakyu, while not as good as the dread or paris p, due to it's low crit chance and low rof, can still hold it's own and is definitely not a pos

Not doubting the damage on it, but the charge rate + forced full drawn fire hurts its potential dps compared to Dread, Paris P, and definitely the Rakta Cernos.

Not doubting the damage on it, but the charge rate + forced full drawn fire hurts its potential dps compared to Dread, Paris P, and definitely the Rakta Cernos.

it's definitely not top-tier, but I find it useful for stealth farming, also it's the only bow that looks good with ivara 

A good enough player can make almost any weapon semi-viable up to at least mid tier. That doesn't mean the Daikyu is close to filling it's possible potential. It could be something really cool, but it falls short in too many ways in terms of its janky mechanics. 

For example, it's a status bow, but it has that long charge rate. Now the forced full draw thing isn't necessarily the issue to me. And I wouldn't think the charge rate was such a problem if it was a crit bow or something designed for pure damage. 

But it's a status bow. That means it would benefit most from being able to hit multiple times in a short period (i.e. fast fire rate/charge time) and instead it has the exact opposite. To me the concept of a status bow with super long charge rate makes no sense at all. 

Infested weapons are the gimmick weapons of the game (except for the Synapse, oddly.) so it'd be a bow with some sort of wacky firing mechanism. 

Pretty much what AM Bunny said. Might not be a bow at all, much as how Phage is somehow a shotgun. Some kind of bow shaped blob of flesh covered in fused arrows that launches a cluster of spines and then a single super powered spine when fully charged. Take out a hallway of enemies or one at a time. 

A status bow that has a decent rate of fire would be nice as others have said a status bow with slow rate of fire does not make much sense seeing as it does not let you spread that status effect around in any kind of effective way.

The daikyu long charge rate is do to it faster projectile speed but that counters your ability to make effective use of it being a status bow had they made a a strait up status bow with standered projectile speed or made it strait up faster projectile bow it would have ended up in a much better place then it is now.

I'd love to see some crazy infested bow - maybe it fires some kind of larva like creature that curves slightly towards targets, and maybe it latches onto enemies and slowly drains enemy hp, restoring yours... or perhaps the arrows are some kind of pheremone spores that - upon connecting with an enemy - attract swarms of the fly creatures that the Swarm-Mutalist uses, doing damage over time to the enemy.

Something really unique like that.

yes. This^ all of it. Firing a living arrow that seeks its target would be awesome!

As a bow lover, I completely agree this idea.

or perhaps the arrows are some kind of pheremone spores that - upon connecting with an enemy - attract swarms of the fly creatures that the Swarm-Mutalist uses, doing damage over time to the enemy.

This is exactly what I dreamt of a Infested-theme Bow. +1

I'm all up for one of these, maybe pure toxin damage and... Maybe this could work:

Toxin Damage: 205

Critical Chance: 35% (87.5% of Critical shots with just a Point Strike)

Critical Multiplier 2x

Status Chance: 25%

Charge Rate: 0.6

Reload: 0.8

This might be crazy, tho I would love opinions.

This would work as any other bow in the game, though, I would love some mechanic such as the Paracyst's alt. fire or the Harpak's, shooting an alternative harpoon which could be connected to your quiver.

It would be lovely to have an elemental variant of bows, as for now we only have different variants of physical damages and then there's the Daikyu with that status chance and low critical chance...

Edited by Izurisah

Its time for infested event weapons

Something like...Vile Synapse, Evolved Synapse, Ancient Synapse and so on

I'd be simultaneously happy and annoyed for a special Synapse. Having to forma one 6 times again would suck :P

A Toxin Bow, or some of the other ideas in this thread are interesting. I'm a bow guy, so another (good) one would be cool.