The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Trader 22/01/2016 + Feedback And Suggestions [Megathread]

crimsonspartan1

I agree that having 20p catalyst cost about twice (in ducats and credits) as much as 40p 3 day booster is huge rip off. Also I don't get how it possibly being more popular, than boosters makes it okay to charge twice the amount of boosters for it in ducats/credits. Compared to the fact that it costs half as much in plat than boosters in market.

Edited by groznez

The trader likes to boast about how he has 'unique items' for the Tenno of Distinction.

Yet for the past several visits his offerings have been an absolute joke, there's nothing even remotely 'Distinct' aside from the Primed mod but even that is a stretch. I think they need to overhaul what he offers and make them actually worth visiting because right now he's virtually a troll selling junk he randomly finds

Hes being vaulted after this because of how negative the community is about him, will he be back? maybe but not for a while.

He got THIS stuff, sans unique items as the PC lot ranted his stuff was useless every visit... often BEFORE the visit. *Primed Pistol Gambit is junk" *Primed Banes? GTFO". You were all wrong naturally but now we got useful stuff (at Baro prices... cuz hes the not plat guy) and your all still crying sodium... DE were NEVER gonna win over this community so hes now on hiatus, GG folks.

Jeezus... the amount of sarcasm in that post is hurting me.

PS: Don't buy the catalyst, you're better off selling your ducat fodder for at least 1p each, and then just buying the potato from market for 20p.

You are right. It'd take about  40-70 fodders to afford just one catalyst ducat wise. You can sell those fodders for 1p each and get 2-3 catalysts. Sounds like you guys had a bad week.

So the past two times baro has surfaced his stock has been to put it mildly terrible

last time we had the corpus and infested mods and a average weapon skin and This time

he comes packing a grineer mod a catalyst and BOOSTERS?

seems to me our friend has run out of decent scavenge spots and needs to take his excavation's to different void ships.

thoughts?

The Catalyst is nice, so are the boosters. I just wish there was more to him. Perhaps if people stopped hyping his arrival like the coming of the messiah, then there would be less backlash. 

That being said, I think that his items are a bit overpriced for what you can get with platinum. 

That being said, I think that his items are a bit overpriced for what you can get with platinum. 

I can agree, but I would add a lot overpriced.

For example : selling a Lex Prime set would get you ~20plat I think (maybe a bit less) ?

The same set cashed at Baro gives you 60 ducats ... so less than 10% of what is needed to get that Orokin Catalyst He has.

He is waaaaay overpriced.

Edited by tocorro

Easy for you, it may not always be easy for everyone else though. Again, some people may just have trash they want to get rid of and they struggle in selling it - because some of it is just that, trash, and no one actually wants it. It's also about convienience. It's not a bad deal if you're in that group.

I can understand that to a point. I'm not a fan of trading in Warframe. Mainly due to the lack of a proper trading systems, we only have the mess that is trade chat or trying to get trades through the forum/third party websites. It's a hassle I'd much rather not deal with at all.

But in the case of the catalyst pricing, the value proposition is so absurdly out of sync with both DE's own pricing and the player driven trade economy, it really is hard to see how buying them at that price is anything but shooting yourself in the leg.

Hell, you could just buy that Primed Bane and go sell it for some quick plat for a tater. :P

I can see uses for all of the items except the catalyst.

If you think that Prime Bane won't help on tier 3 sorties, etc., you're mistaken.

Not everybody has plat for boosters, so this was actually an opportunity for those that have access to ducats and credits to take advantage.

The catalyst is way overpriced, but you can't win them all.

I can agree, but I would add a lot overpriced.

For example : selling a Lex Prime set would get you ~20plat I think (maybe a bit less) ?

The same set cashed at Baro gives you 60 ducats ... so less than 10% of what is needed to get that Orokin Catalyst He has.

He is waaaaay overpriced.

Lol to say the least.

I do think of the bane mods as tactical trash but for the boosters, perhaps a different perspective?: if you think of them in terms of rarity of drops.  

Like if you added up the ducat value of all the common drops before you get the rare drop you're looking for, would that equate to enough ducats to get a free booster off practically non-tradeable junk in the farming time-span it takes you to get the rare drop.

Of course then there's relative trading values where Baro has previously sold special tradeable weapons that would equate to far more plat value per ducat ratio than what you'd get spending it on buying the boosters from him.  But that's all trade meta.

Edit: Aww crap, I'm in a mega-thread now.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

I bet, for every complainer here, there are at least 10 people who are at this moment all like... "phew... this visit will cost me only 400 this time around". i know, i'm one of those people. I'm getting to the point being pressured to do more void in order to keep with his "disappointing" rate of bringing new stuff. and i've been playing this game for 3 years straight, almost every single day - over 2000 hours. the amount of prime parts i had was mind blowing. now i see the bottom of the barrel. i stopped buying cosmetics from him.. i tell you that.. for those who wish him to bring more stuff, watch out what you are wishing for.. it might come and bite you.

the rest of the forum .. they just wish him to bring power creep. he actually is doing this already. the bane mode are mathematically superior to every other mode for the slot spent, but hey, everything bellow primed streamline is just "junk", right?!

I would complain but the fact that I can spend less time farming ducats and just play casually stepping away from the grind is quite nice. I have enough ducats to cover his next visit if he brings junk/duplicates  or good stuff it is a win/win for me. Personally I am only missing primed heated charge, primed heavy impact, and primed pistol mutation, the only new primed mod I am interested in is primed point strike if it ever comes.

All I will be doing is collecting tower keys so that when Saryn Prime comes I am ready :D

I would say to other tenno just take a chill pill

i think the outrage is disgusting. 

All of a sudden everyone here can easily sell their junk primes for 40p? since when? If it was so easy to make 40p- why do the forums still complain about rare parts? Shouldn't you be able to "easily sell" your mounds of junk primes to get what you want? Oh wait- trade is suppose to be terrible and you never use it. 

These are plat items for your junk primes converted to ducats. I am honestly surprised that there is such an outrage. You can make the necessary ducats in a session of farming. Either you want the 3 day booster or you don't.

Edited by Hypernaut1

i think the outrage is disgusting.

All of a sudden everyone here can easily sell their junk primes for 40p? since when? If it was so easy to make 40p- why do the forums still complain about rare parts? Shouldn't you be able to "easily sell" your mounds of junk primes to get what you want? Oh wait- trade is suppose to be terrible and you never use it.

These are plat items for your junk primes converted to ducats. I am honestly surprised that there is such an outrage. You can make the necessary ducats in a session of farming. Either you want the 3 day booster or you don't.

Selling prime parts for 10 ducat each would take 70 parts. Meanwhile I can easily sell those 1plat each and rack up 20p easily.

Meanwhile maybe the booster are okay since they go for 40p but still not impressive.

I'll rather have repeat primed moves and cosmetics for the people who joined recently or missed it. Hell old event weapons also works too.

Edited by Fighting_Street

Selling prime parts for 10 ducat each would take 70 parts. Meanwhile I can easily sell those 1plat each and rack up 20p easily.

Meanwhile maybe the booster are okay since they go for 40p but still not impressive.

I'll rather have repeat primed moves and cosmetics for the people who joined recently or missed it. Hell old event weapons also works too.

i trade often and i know its not some easy task to sell 70 parts, thats at LEAST 14 trades.. When i was playing heavily, 700 ducats wasn't too hard to convert after a week of farming. If a player has an excess of ducats and wants an extra catalyst- why not? No one is forcing players to buy it. 700 ducats is easy to recoup in a week if you're playing regularly. Its not like you NEED to hoard ducats anymore.

Also- its not like he isn't offering a brand new mod. How do people get upset at bonus content? I just dont get the outrage. Whats the logic behind players preferring there be NO sort of void trader, instead of what we have now? He can be easily ignored just as well.

Edited by Hypernaut1

i trade often and i know its not some easy task to sell 70 parts, thats at LEAST 14 trades.. When i was playing heavily, 700 ducats wasn't too hard to convert after a week of farming. If a player has an excess of ducats and wants an extra catalyst- why not? No one is forcing players to buy it. 700 ducats is easy to recoup in a week if you're playing regularly. Its not like you NEED to hoard ducats anymore.

Also- its not like he isn't offering a brand new mod. How do people get upset at bonus content? I just dont get the outrage. Whats the logic behind players preferring there be NO sort of void trader, instead of what we have now? He can be easily ignored just as well.

I said sell 20 parts for 20p....70 is what baro is asking lol.

I didn't do the math, but I think the ducat price is rather ridiculous. Unless you are one of those people that bug "junk primes for 1p".

50 ducats = about 1 p,  if you have the reources to dump on odonata harnesses or nyx prime systems. 

These items are much more useful than primed bane mods, so atleast I'm content. Endgame players still need affinity for focus and credits for ranking mods, and resources just to make plastid farming more tolerable, so to me its probably the best barok in quite some time.