Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Tilesets Would You Guys Like To See Next?

Kontrollo

I wonder what people would like to see next in terms of tilesets and maps. Dojo has come up a lot in the Devstream questions, so that's probably already high on the list.

​Personally, I'd love to see more tiles for the Moon, and maybe even for it to expand into Archwing:

SQFYnT1.jpg

​Other than that, Dojo and a new tileset for an existing planet are high on my list (looking at you, Venus).

​Your opinion? I've created a straw poll. Of the existing tilesets I only listed the Moon and Uranus because those two are the most recent ones.

Note that it is multiple choice; I'm interested in what you'd like to see at some point, not what should be implemented next.

well since DE seem to enjoy giving us Archwing stuff, I'd like to see Grineer Galleon Tilesets with Archwing Sections, we can fly out of the airlock to attack the engines and defenses of the ship, and fly back in, killing Grineer as we do so like in the trailer. I reckon it would make Archwing a little more enjoyable for some.

This probably won't come for a loooooooooooooooong time, but I'd like to see some 'Imperial' Grineer tileset for the Twin Queens (if we ever get to that point). Rather than the usual industrial Grineer style, this would look a bit more.... ornate? 

Everything else we have right now, are mainly production lines and ships, Gas city tileset, Grineer Shipyards, Grineer Asteroid Mining bases.... nothing majorly lore related (not that there's much lore to begin with), only exception I'd say is the Moon tileset. 

I wonder how snow even got on Venus in the first place, I mean, if solar activity is low enough to cool off Venus, Earth and other planets should be frozen solid. 

Other than that - do want Archwing in moon canyons with Orokin structures here and there.

And maybe Archwing Hijack missions. 

As for "on foot" - they could always work further on Infested and introduce some kind of nests - not just goo-covered Corpus ships, but something akin to how the Silithid hives looked in WoW, i.e. 100% organic, living "structures". 

What I would like to see is at least 1 or 2 extra tiles for each tileset to come out with every major update and maybe some cleaning up of the old ones. I know they do some of this already but not across the board. I love the moment of walking into a brand new room and thinking "hey this is new! I like this!". Cleaning up older tiles to work better with parkour 2.0 would be less obvious I guess but its still appreciated.

Some new archwing stuff would be nice but not nice enough to get me to play it more probably. I just can't figure out how to do anything anymore because of all the sliding around. Its one of the major issues with at archwing in my opinion.

For a new tileset I hope we get something with LAVA! Lava flows and lava lakes and big cranes and little bridges over all the lava. Ember needs a place to relax after all the killing.

-The topside of Phobos

-Orokin ruin tiles for various planets

-New defense/interception tiles for the planets that only have one tile. It still think battling on an in-progress galleon (in the grineer shipyard) would be cool.

I wonder how snow even got on Venus in the first place, I mean, if solar activity is low enough to cool off Venus, Earth and other planets should be frozen solid. 

The same way water got to Uranus......It's a game.

Hazardous Venus factories with lots of outside combat....aye!

Low-grav combat on whatever asteroid could be next...

I'd like to see an actual Venus Tileset with outside areas that isn't covered in snow

Realistic venus enviroment, aka lots of vulcanous, evtremely hazardous storms aso.

​Yeah, that's exactly what I'm hoping for as well. You'd just expect something a little bit different for that planet.

On another note, I'd love to see (space!) Archwing combined missions, but I guess that's hard to do with the random map generation. However, they could create a new kind of Sabotage or Mobile Defense node where the squad has to split up and one half has to use their Archwing on the outside of a space ship or in ventilation ducts, just everything on one big tile.

Verticality.

Don't quite care what the tileset has as far as the appearance I just want areas that we can actually jump in without hitting a sky box.

Although as far as what we're still missing I'd opt in for more 'urban' environments. Certainly there are/were some form of general civilizations on some of the planets. Even if they're destroyed and ruined cities overrun with Grineer/Infested.

I'd like DE to expand on wildlife. Both hostile and docile. They did it for skates on Phobos, feral kubrows on Earth, and sharks on Uranus. I think there are vultures on Earth but can only be seen from a distance. Now we're getting feral kavats. I still hear the monstrous roar on the Corpus tundra, but that's just the ambience. There's so much DE could do with wildlife.

Although as far as what we're still missing I'd opt in for more 'urban' environments. Certainly there are/were some form of general civilizations on some of the planets. Even if they're destroyed and ruined cities overrun with Grineer/Infested.

I agree, since it'd add far more depth to the game, to have Tenno run through civilian streets and rooftops to chase down VIPs, and to sabotage key military points in planet/moon based settlements.

Edited by Ocfos

Ever since New Horizons (which I followed about 6 months if not longer before it reached Pluto) I wanted Pluto to recieve 1 of 2 things.

A new tile set in celebration, or simply. Re-texture Pluto to look more like the photos and data from the New Horizons mission. Funnily enough I sub-consciously don't even consider that Pluto because of the major differences.

Heck, maybe some missions take place on Charon and others on Pluto. Bonus points if they were to include the 4 smaller moons around Pluto when sitting in your ship or when your ship is going to Pluto.

Whatever the case may be, I think the Pluto system needs a definate re-work that should be on a high priority.

If you think this is all dumb just remember that Warframe contains a lot of other dumb 'planets' e.g. Phobos (Mars moon) Europa (Jupiter's moon) and Ceres which is the largest asteroid in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.