Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop Quitting Acolyte Runs If You Didn't Get The Mod You Wanted.

WindBlade

Especially if your the host. Just... please stop screwing over other people so you can make your next run slightly faster. 

Some of us want our runs to count. Some of us end up losing a mod they didn't have becasue of Host Migration Hell YOU caused. 

Just... your not the only person in the TEAM. Its not all about you.

I second this notion. They are rife in this event too. Can 99% guarantee the entire squad just ups an leaves if a common mod drops. 

Now i understand that this is is a pretty common farming tactic but GD it's annoying AF.

I do not get why these sorts of players don't play the missions solo so not to spoil the event for so many others.

There should be some form of handicap in place for repeater quitters imo they are killing this event for so many players.

Edited by Ixxolos

Or just tell them to go solo and continue to abort runs.

I mean, it's easy justifiable why they do it. The drop chance is terrible for the rare mods. People shouldn't have to do 70+ runs and still not get a single rare. Who enjoys wasting another 5+ minutes just to secure a common mod they already own multiple copies of?

If anything, DE should learn from this.

Edited by Nitresco

Considering they're about to fix it, and its the only rational solution to farming rare mods because I want time to do other things like sleep, eat, and maybe if i have time after that, going to the bathroom, Im definitely going to continue to mission abort to get the mods I want.

Although i am running as host in invite only so it lets all my team mates keep the mods when i abort, even though i dont.

Edited by Skaleek

Considering they're about to fix it, and its the only rational solution to farming rare mods because I want time to do other things like sleep, eat, and maybe if i have time after that, going to the bathroom, Im definitely going to continue to mission abort to get the mods I want.

their 'fix' is gonna make the farm unbearable unless they make endless missions an exception when randomly picking a game mode. imagine this: torment picks a defense, kill torment, do all 5 waves, extract, congratulations! your millionth hydraulic crosshairs! thats a good 5-10 minutes you wasted.

I'd encourage a penalty system when people leave their games (not when it crashes). You left your game? Wait a minute before you can start again. You left again? Now wait 2 minutes. After some time your timeout resets. The first left could be a fair warning.

their 'fix' is gonna make the farm unbearable unless they make endless missions an exception when randomly picking a game mode. imagine this: torment picks a defense, kill torment, do all 5 waves, extract, congratulations! your millionth hydraulic crosshairs! thats a good 5-10 minutes you wasted.

As the Torment was on Eris Defence just a moment ago, it literally took only 3,5->4mins to do the defence Solo =/

But yeah compared to any non-endless missions that might at best luck take less than 2mins to run, but if you have to run a huge tileset and only finding the Acolyte in the last dead end room, it might actually take longer than the Defence mission.

I'd encourage a penalty system when people leave their games (not when it crashes). You left your game? Wait a minute before you can start again. You left again? Now wait 2 minutes. After some time your timeout resets. The first left could be a fair warning.

i don't think that will have a positive reaction....this is punishing the players instead of fixing the core issue. drop chances are horrendous. the players leaving are just playing efficiently, not justifiable, but they're going through it to get their mods.

As the Torment was on Eris Defence just a moment ago, it literally took only 3,5->4mins to do the defence Solo =/

But yeah compared to any non-endless missions that might at best luck take less than 2mins to run, but if you have to run a huge tileset and only finding the Acolyte in the last dead end room, it might actually take longer than the Defence mission.

some missions can last a good bit of time *looks at exterminations* i suggested making it to where the acolyte keeps the drop tables including the rare, but once it's killed, you're rewarded the rare mod, or heck maybe the entire set. that way if you're rng luck is horrendous like mine, you can still get the rewards, but if you want extras to sell or give your friend then you can farm

Edited by LordOfScrugging

This would be good when used "abort mission".

Worked great when Valve introduced this in CSGO matchmaking competitive. If you did enough consecutive aborts there was 2 weeks and iirc a Month worth of ban from competitive matches. I loved it that the players who were a problem wouldn't come around for a while. But after awhile came the Steam sales and these same people started to buy tons of accounts....

Still penalty would be good imo. Would significantly reduce the aborts.

They honestly should have given us a mod pack instead of making us farm for all of them. Especially in Torments case (at this rate he wont see sunlight again in two days or less). That would have solved all of these problems and saved them the trouble.

LordOfScrugging

some missions can last a good bit of time *looks at exterminations* i suggested making it to where the acolyte keeps the drop tables including the rare, but once it's killed, you're rewarded the rare mod, or heck maybe the entire set. that way if you're rng luck is horrendous like mine, you can still get the rewards, but if you want extras to sell or give your friend then you can farm

Let's remember that the rewards from this mission are already given: Catalyst/Reactor/Sigil/Badge and eventually Vulkar+Lacera Skin.

The mods from acolytes are just kind of "extra fun" you can get while doing the Event. It's exactly the same as in the Infestation event awhile back, which dropped "High Noon" mod from the BroodMother. If you were lucky (or grind 24/7) you got it. I know it's annoying if you are left without the possible drops, but that's how this game is designed. Some day or maybe right after this event? you will get those drops eventually. Everyone can't have everything at all times instantly.

Edit: formatting issues with quotes

Edited by -Zr-Scroll

Wow...I thought it was just me. I didn't have this problem the first day tho. When I played today, I jumped into a match. Not more than 15 seconds in...an acolyte showed up. myself and one other killed it. Then the host dropped. I thought he/she got DC'd.

"I miss the good ol' days......when people killed people" SMH!

Let's remember that the rewards from this mission are already given: Catalyst/Reactor/Sigil/Badge and eventually Vulkar+Lacera Skin.

The mods from acolytes are just kind of "extra fun" you can get while doing the Event. It's exactly the same as in the Infestation event awhile back, which dropped "High Noon" mod from the BroodMother. If you were lucky (or grind 24/7) you got it. I know it's annoying if you are left without the possible drops, but that's how this game is designed. Some day or maybe right after this event? you will get those drops eventually. Everyone can't have everything at all times instantly.

those rewards were for the first portion as we're still missing the vulkar wraith and the lacera skin. 

this is from the event page:

REWARDS 

- Complete the first 4 Missions for Alad V: Operation: Shadow Debt Sigil, Orokin Catalyst.

Defeat 10 Acolytes in-mission: Operation: Shadow Debt Sigil, Orokin Reactor. 

- 20 new Event Mods are here, and can be earned as drops from Defeating Acolytes or by playing the bonus final challenger mission. The names of these New mods are as follows, find them in-game to reveal their function:

BLOOD RUSH

BODY COUNT

WEEPING WOUNDS

MAIMING STRIKE

HYDRAULIC CROSSHAIRS

ARGON SCOPE

LASER SIGHT

SHARPENED BULLETS

BLADED ROUNDS

SHRAPNEL SHOT

PRESSURIZED MAGAZINE

SPRING-LOADED CHAMBER

REPEATER CLIP

EMBEDDED CATALYZER

CATALYZER LINK

NANO-APPLICATOR

NARROW BARREL

FOCUSED DEFENSE

GUIDED ORDINANCE

TARGETING SUBSYSTEM 

- Successfully complete the mission against the final challenger: Vulkar Wraith.

- Clear 15 waves total in the bonus final challenger mission: Acolyte Lacera Skin 

​you see it's an event reward. not 'extra fun' you've not seen any other event where the event mods were 'extra fun' and the thing about the infested thing is: brood mothers are still in game and  can drop high noon!