Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Baro Ki'teer Gone?

Axacution

I've heard talk here and there that he's being removed/killed off.

Honestly, if I was the person in charge of Baro, I'd remove him immediately - purely out of spite, then regret it later when I think of new players. The comments DE receives whenever Baro comes up with items players consider trash, is just too much. Whiners here, toxicity there, I'd just remove him and see how the players take it. Seriously, people, try not expecting him to bring in stuff you want all the time.

This is similar to the complaints DE got about formas littering the void reward tables. Those current players only thought of themselves... what about new players? I have tons of built forma, and tons more in blueprint form that I haven't touched since the time formas dropped like mad in the void, so I'm good. But new players have it pretty bad. Sure they're still available, but not so commonly found anymore (at least in my experience, not sure about others' RNG with formas).

Edited by Eggzodiya

(...) The comments DE receives whenever Baro comes up with items players consider trash, is just too much. Whiners here, toxicity there, I'd just remove him and see how the players take it. Seriously, people, try not expecting him to bring in stuff you want all the time.

(...)

I think that the whinners are people who don't have too much Ducats, so they save up for a Primed Mod they want/need but it never comes for them.

For Veteran Players, who i think don't complain, its no problem to dumb some Ducats on a Primed Mod no matter if they need it or not. Thats why Veterans won't complain.

So imho...People that are new to the Void Trader will happly buy most stuff as they need them all, Veterans have all and have the Ducats to spare...the rest needs some and has some and is disappointed most of the time.

I for example visited Baro and bought all i could afford at times, what wasn't much. Never did many Void Runs before October last year.

welp, there goes my primed flow and primed continuity that i was waiting for ( supposed to come next 2 visits ) .... "Boof" x.x

I think that the whinners are people who don't have too much Ducats, so they save up for a Primed Mod they want/need but it never comes for them.

For Veteran Players, who i think don't complain, its no problem to dumb some Ducats on a Primed Mod no matter if they need it or not. Thats why Veterans won't complain.

So imho...People that are new to the Void Trader will happly buy most stuff as they need them all, Veterans have all and have the Ducats to spare...the rest needs some and has some and is disappointed most of the time.

I for example visited Baro and bought all i could afford at times, what wasn't much. Never did many Void Runs before October last year.

i'm new and i don't whine about it 0.o RNG gonna RNG and people should be thankful its not sold for real money!

No but seriously, the number of people calling what baro was bringing garbage, thrash, or whatever... It wasn't. It might be "worthless" to you, maybe not for someone else. I'm disappointed that I didn't have enough ducats to buy all the primed banes mods, their @(*()$ incredible. Yet people were "yelling" riot in chat when they first came around. People were mad for not getting prime continuity/flow/split chamber/etc all the time. People expecting something of P. Streamline level, of course you will be disappointed and after a couple of time mad... The fault for that doesn't rest at DE's feets, but at yours (the angry/disappointed/mad player).

They said "Riot" because the redtext literally told/encouraged them to do so.

The primed mods are good against the factions yes, but not the corrupted for the longer void missions, nor are they going to be bought by other players in trade chat. They're decent and not COMPLETELY worthless, but still shouldn't have been made into primes.

Yeah ok one bad week. That's fine. Two? Ok. Fine, out of all 3 Primed Banes, Bane of Grineer is the best one, but the Potato is really uneeded. Even if you had the spare ducats, it wouldn't be worth it. 

welp, there goes my primed flow and primed continuity that i was waiting for ( supposed to come next 2 visits ) .... "Boof" x.x

i'm new and i don't whine about it 0.o RNG gonna RNG and people should be thankful its not sold for real money!

You're on console. Only PC has activated DE's trap card, Primed revenge.  Odd's are you have the next 1-2 updates and he's gone or you'll keep him.

They said "Riot" because the redtext literally told/encouraged them to do so.

The primed mods are good against the factions yes, but not the corrupted for the longer void missions, nor are they going to be bought by other players in trade chat. They're decent and not COMPLETELY worthless, but still shouldn't have been made into primes.

Yeah ok one bad week. That's fine. Two? Ok. Fine, out of all 3 Primed Banes, Bane of Grineer is the best one, but the Potato is really uneeded. Even if you had the spare ducats, it wouldn't be worth it. 

You act as if everyone was all happy and cool with Baro.

Prime Shotgun dmg? RIOT, trash talk DE.  Missed Baro? RIOT.

So many of you behaved as ungrateful players being selfish when you did not get something you want. Example "Primed bane dosnt work on Corrupt" thats no excuse to hate on really good mods. Literally what you said as if you know what Mods should be primed.

"One bad week".  "Two?"  

No. Ever since Baros existence you've all be spoilt and ruining the community by promoting toxic behavior.

No reason to remove Baro. Seriously, he's there when you want to buy from him or not. No one's actually forcing someone to buy from him anyways.

I still don't have that dang Prisma Tetra and Veritux. Now I gotta wait who knows when if his removal is confirmed.

I highly doubt his unannounced removal was due to toxicity, it's probably because his permanent node is almost done and will be released fairly soon.

Or a recent update broke the timer, never know.

If they had just stuck to the original idea, that he would be an alternate way to get stubbornly rare prime parts, things probably wouldn't have gotten so bad.

I really hope DE doesn't remove him if I were them I would ignore what the Whiners say.

Everyone just needs to learn to be thankful for the stuff we do get..

If he is gone then Shame on you PC players thank you for destroying another great thing we had in warframe

Plz grow up & learn to be thankful for the stuff we get.

I urge DE to not end The Baro K Teer experience keep it going to hell with the toxic players there's always gonna be those ungrateful snobs who don't enjoy anything & just complain to complain

But plz continue on with the Baro K Teer stuff I enjoy the things he brings

If u discontinue it Alot of players may abandoned warframe & I'd hate to see that.

Plz don't make irrational decisions over a few bad apples who will likely nvr play warframe alot anyway let the legend of Baro live on thx u.

The thing is he almost never brought anything interesting or good. I dont think DE changed their mind for a few rotten apples, i think its better for everyone if he got removed. I believe DE wasnt happy with him ( not including the "toxic and whiny" players), so the items will probably be avaible elsewhere.

One mans trash is another mans treasure. Warframe get new players all the time. Veterans may not need the items that Baro brought but there are new players who will need them.

Any week that didn't have items I wanted I appreciated, that way I could stockpile more ducats. I am looking forward to getting the items I passed up the first time they were offered if he is not removed. Have everything? Then buy some of the mods new players will need and sell them for plat.