Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Baro Ki'teer Gone?

Axacution

I remember DE saying the same thing. They were tired of the toxic players whining about the drops he gave every other week. If he has been removed, DE is not to blame at all.

The reason the removed Baro was that they were being given negative feedback and players were being very salty in general about the game.

No, DE are completely to blame if Baro is removed.

It's their choice.

If he's been removed, then it's a childish reaction to a vocal minority complained and had tantrums, the rest of us just bought or didn't buy depending on if we liked his stuff or not.

I was in a relay last night and one of the guides Server said that he was gone. Everyone complained and said and wanted him gone so now he is gone.

Apart from the Weapon Skins being expensive relative to what they were, and the wierdly expensive boosters + potato last time, I've enjoyed Baro, and have bought something if not most things every time he's been here.

Same for the group I play with.

If we like the stuff - great, we'll buy it.

If not - nevermind, there's next time - someone will probably like it and good for them.

And that's how the majority of people will act - it's harldy everyone hated Baro.

I don't understand.

[DE offers unpractical mods]

-players salt-

[DE offers unpractical mods and overpriced items]

-players salt again-

[DE removes Baro]

So instead of listening to the players or accept the fact that they offered really sad Baro offers and trying to fix the situation, they instantly removed him? Even if they are in the process of fixing him, couldn't they leave him as he is now until they actually find a alternative solution for him? Or at least explain to us why they removed him so suddenly? And with a logical, game mechanical reason and not because "we were tired of the salt" because there's a reason why DE got so much salt. It's because Baro offered bad mods, or offers at ridiculous prices.

Really?

If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have 95% of the primed mods we currently have now. If it wasn't for him, players would've had to scrap all their "trash" prime parts instead of creating them into useful currency - either ducats or selling them to other players for plat so they could use them for ducats.

If it wasn't for him, the only warframe accessories and weapon skins available would be plat only.

Many of the people crying about him right now are the exact same people that currently have Primed Flow, or Primed Continuity, or Primed etc. Where did those come from? Baro that's who. Yeah, he sometimes doesn't have what you want. And yeah, his latest was lacking and the prices were pretty damn high. But instead of demanding him to resurface on an assassination node, we should be giving constructive criticism.

I swear if DE really did remove Baro (I really doubt they did forever. Remember that the Void is going to disappear in some way or fashion soon, and Baro's disappearance may be the harbinger to this. He could easily resurface somewhere else, or be part of a storyline quest), then it was your kneejerk reactions that did him in. Shame. Shame on all your houses.

Well said. I never once went out of my way to bash DE about Bara, even if when he's brought something I thought was useless.

My best load outs consist of primed mods.

I've gotten some neat armor and some other cool gadgets. I even purchased the Primed mods that people complain about because you never know when they'll be useful when considering how this game always changes. I'm on console and thrilled for the Primed bane mods.

Baro needed to go, I won't miss him in his current form. 

Some people are saying "omg whiny people made him leave", but the truth is that DE would only accede to "whiny" people if they were the vast majority, not a "tiny minority". No business with all the internal numbers will make a big decision like that just because of a small number of unhappy people. 

See the majority of the responses in this thread for a sample. Most people are saying "well, in his current form he has served his purpose", and if he does come back it should be after a serious revamp if at all. The kind of stuff he released (like prime mods that need to come back to give some people a chance at them again) can be reintroduced to the game in a different way. 

Baro is no longer a prime part sink, he's something you farm prime parts for. That's a huge difference from his original intention. They are struggling to keep up with the rewards anymore. He had to go, and it's clearly been coming for a long time now. Look at the last few weeks of rewards. It was becoming less and less coherent. In game it felt like lore-wise Baro was losing his sanity. From a perspective of game development, I think they are running out of ideas for him. 

Instead of being more whiny in the opposite direction "omg DE don't listen to the whiners" how about we accept that Baro just no longer serves his purpose, needs a revamp, and suggest ways to properly revamp him? There is just no way by any logic that he is in a good place in his current place in the game. 

Some people are saying "omg whiny people made him leave", but the truth is that DE would only accede to "whiny" people if they were the vast majority, not a "tiny minority". No business with all the internal numbers will make a big decision like that just because of a small number of unhappy people. 

See the majority of the responses in this thread for a sample. Most people are saying "well, in his current form he has served his purpose", and if he does come back it should be after a serious revamp if at all. The kind of stuff he released (like prime mods that need to come back to give some people a chance at them again) can be reintroduced to the game in a different way. 

Baro is no longer a prime part sink, he's something you farm prime parts for. That's a huge difference from his original intention. They are struggling to keep up with the rewards anymore. He had to go, and it's clearly been coming for a long time now. Look at the last few weeks of rewards. It was becoming less and less coherent. In game it felt like lore-wise Baro was losing his sanity. From a perspective of game development, I think they are running out of ideas for him. 

Instead of being more whiny in the opposite direction "omg DE don't listen to the whiners" how about we accept that Baro just no longer serves his purpose, needs a revamp, and suggest ways to properly revamp him? There is just no way by any logic that he is in a good place in his current place in the game.

Not sure what you're talking about, the Primed Bane mods were a good addition. They give a situational but noticable power boost. In terms of power creep, I'd rather have those than the new melee mods, that's for sure.

Also, a lot of people are eagerly waiting for a return of some of the older Primed mods. Just because some of us were around to get them the first time doesn't mean he shouldn't come back to offer them again. And a different way? Please elaborate.

Edited by Kontrollo

I'm not talking about the bane mods in terms of wacky/nonsense stuff from Baro. Bane mods have their place in the game. 

A different way? A permanent way. As in, no more two week rotations. Put him in the relays as a permanent trader. Give him stuff and leave it there. Add more but don't remove. 

If you want to give him time limited stuff for a weekend to hype him up occasionally, make it cosmetics so it doesn't affect gameplay. Just stuff that affects Fasnionframe and nothing truly important.  

Making people wait half a year or more for mods like Primed Continuity is ridiculous, I have one, but I think how long people often have to wait is insane. Want to make the cost higher because he has permanent prime mods? That's fine. Many people would still love the fact that they can avoid rng, and trade chat, and know it will be there once they have enough. That would give him a real place in the game. Remove the pressure, and remove the hype/disappointment by just always having him around. 

He will still be there as a prime part sink for extra trash part/credits (they could amp credit costs too for that reason) and then people could look at him as a way to achieve long term progression, without the frustration. The true reason for the frustration with Baro in my opinion is that so many mods like Primed Continuity are just so helpful in almost every build, and every time some people are hoping that one Primed mod (insert which one they need most) will finally come back. It's not really a fair system and it makes people wait forever for insanely helpful mods. We need a permanent void trader, not the constant two week frustration system. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

I'm not talking about the bane mods in terms of wacky/nonsense stuff from Baro. Bane mods have their place in the game. 

A different way? A permanent way. As in, no more two week rotations. Put him in the relays as a permanent trader. Give him stuff and leave it there. Add more but don't remove. 

If you want to give him time limited stuff for a weekend to hype him up occasionally, make it cosmetics so it doesn't affect gameplay. Just stuff that affects Fasnionframe and nothing truly important.  

Making people wait half a year or more for mods like Primed Continuity is ridiculous, I have one, but I think how long people often have to wait is insane. Want to make the cost higher because he has permanent prime mods? That's fine. Many people would still love the fact that they can avoid rng, and trade chat, and know it will be there once they have enough. That would give him a real place in the game. Remove the pressure, and remove the hype/disappointment by just always having him around. 

He will still be there as a prime part sink for extra trash part/credits (they could amp credit costs too for that reason) and then people could look at him as a way to achieve long term progression, without the frustration. The true reason for the frustration with Baro in my opinion is that so many mods like Primed Continuity are just so helpful in almost every build, and every time some people are hoping that one Primed mod (insert which one they need most) will finally come back. It's not really a fair system and it makes people wait forever for insanely helpful mods. We need a permanent void trader, not the constant two week frustration system.

Oh good, it sounded a bit like you didn't agree with what he had on offer lately.

I also think they should make the staple mods more accessible (at the very least Flow, Continuity and Point Blank), but I'm not sure that if he were made permanent he should offer all the things he had on offer all the time. Maybe he should just change his inventory around every few days. Or maybe he should make deals like Darvo from time to time if they were to increase the prices.

Edited by Kontrollo

Ppl on PS4 have ludacris expectations for Baro. Not only do most never seem to realize he comes every 2 weeks, that there's a counter, and that we know what we're getting far in advance. Last weekend a group of ppl were honestly mad he didnt bring Limbo Prime. Limbo Prime, thats right.  They werent even noobs.

Now I know this is the extreme end of the stupidity spectrum, but the fact ppl are getting their hopes up this high is crazy. 

Disagree completely. Baro is fine in his current form, bringing things to us every few weeks. For a new player everything he brings is new and cool and once you have it, it becomes old hat but honestly if he came every 4 weeks it would be the same as if he only has good things every 4 weeks (and bad things every 2) so again, he's fine, he brings good stuff often enough, and stuff other people want the other times.

As I have stated before, I am 100% in favour of DE calling the community's bluff on stuff like this.

Twerps start yelling RIOT in the chat because their unrealistic, self-inflicted expectations have been abruptly deflated by reality? Then I guess you lot genuinely don't want to see whether he'd have Primed mods and cool armour sets next month. 

Who cares if his stuff was bad or not it doesn't matter some of the stuff was very useful

& yes I will blame PC users because they the ones who get the stuff b4 us & have the bigger player base & the majority of you PC players are nothing but ungrateful complainers.

Complain complain complain is all that seems to happen & what u PC users don't understand is while it will effect u now it will hurt us console users as well. Just remember anything u complain about that gets removed or Reworked also effect console users who may actually like some of the things you don't.

remember PC users you ain't the only ones who get patches & stuff what happens to you eventually makes its way to us & us console users are different then PC users alot of stuff u don't like we tend to like.

If it get changed then it ruins it for us so think about that b4 u post ok

it's time people stop complaining & actually be greatful for the stuff he does bring no matter how bad it is its still rare stuff & useful

I'm so sick & tired of stuff being destroyed because of crybabies

I hope it's just a bug & this thread is moot point

I hope this just means the new star chart is close to coming & he will return on a permanent bases there.

As remember DE did mention he would be in the new star chart so hopefully this us just in preparation for it as u guys may get 18.5 next week if so I could have swore DE said awhile back b4 update 18 that it would likely be out in 18.5

So hopefully this is the case fact de hasn't announced his removal on the Fourms doesn't seems like it was intentional hopefully it wasn't

But if it big mistake de hope u do the right thing & keep Baro coming thx u

Holy rantframe.

You're making PC players sound like a bunch of sniveling children when the player bases are legitimately the same.

DE wouldn't just axe Baro because *some* people complained (on all sides mind you, I seen a fair amount of PS4 players complaining about him too). If I had to guess they're reworking him because he had silly design.

Edited by (PS4)Gage_VH

Holy rantframe.

You're making PC players sound like a bunch of sniveling children when the player bases are legitimately the same.

DE wouldn't just axe Baro because *some* people complained (on all sides mind you, I seen a fair amount of PS4 players complaining about him too). If I had to guess they're reworking him because he had silly design.

Honestly a majority of the "sniveling children" were PC players. Yes there were console players complaining but that was about ~10%. 

Most of the time, PC complains long before console gets anything. When we do get it, there are complainers but a majority are grateful for even receiving the content. DE has to work incredibly hard to get stuff out to us. 

He's right, they do mess stuff up for us. Sometimes DE makes changes to good quality stuff before it reaches consoles because of the mass sea of salt complainers. 

It was a terrible design. Would be much better to have him be permanent with his inventory changing daily. Encourages visiting him every day and poor offerings wouldn't matter since they'd change in a day. And a new player joining game will have a chance to get all relevant items in a month or two.

He should be a quest giver where you can only buy from him if you conpkete his daily tasks

When i go to see what Baro has on offer, and realise there's nothing there that interests me enough to purchase it, i leave the relay and think to myself "oh well, maybe next time"

I'd be very ashamed of myself if i felt the urge to fly into a rage like a spoilt child and hassle the people responsible's Twitter accounts