Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Baro Ki'teer Gone?

Axacution

"disrespect DE"... Damn dude, I disrespect you. Very, very much, you <insert bundle of personal insults>.

We (at lelast I) are dissing DE's decision because we care enough to complain instead of moving on to other game. But blind fanboy would never understand what being "true fan" means.

I won't diss DE's decision because I believe it was the correct move on their part. I've been playing the game for a while now and I absolutely love what the devs have done since I have been playing. I barely play any other game because there is new content I have yet to try and I want to try out. I had friends who played the game with me but left because of the grind aspect of the game. I could have left for that same reason or the reason of no-one to play with. But I have met people in this game who are not 'toxic' and agree with what DE does with the future of the game and why they do it. On that note, I disagree with you for saying that complaining to DE is the way to fix things. They took out Baro and made his last few visits have mods few people use because of people like you who complain because you simply do not like what they do. Take it with a grain of salt. They might add a new way to get the items in the future but who knows. All we can do it sit back and watch what DE does. So far, they have done a very good job with their decisions. On a different note, I agree with the part about the console players being salty for losing this opportunity for P. Flow and P. Continuity. They should be ashamed because they are just wanting P. Flow and P. Continuity.

Oh god all the white knighting for DE in this thread...

They have a history of making terrible decisions, Baro's implementation being one of them. If he really is gone, well I'm not sorry to see him go, it was poorly done. I imagine in about half a year there'll be a way to get primed mods again, but I'm pretty sure it'll be just as poorly implemented if not worse. 

I think Baro'Kiteer was contradictory to his original purpose: was supposed to allow players to utilize prime parts to get something useful out of them.

I think the community overreacted, everything should always be handled with a sense of professionalism.

I think Digital Extremes overreacted, lashing out at the community on the devstream - calling players childish is neither a good PR move, nor does it leave a good taste in the communities' mouth, especially when salt was already in great abundance.

Edited by Aura

As long as the consoles get to keep him until he left on PC for fairness sake, it doesn't bother me that much. I would check on the Ps4, but I am currently downloading the new patch.

Well, the timer was still there before the patch.  This 11.344 gb says it's going to take 9 hours to finish though ; ;

Edit:  Which you posted a page later and before I posted this... is that post update installation Jaztok?

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

I think Baro'Kiteer was contradictory to his original purpose: was supposed to allow players to utilize prime parts to get something useful out of them.

I think the community overreacted, everything should always be handled with a sense of professionalism.

I think Digital Extremes overreacted, lashing out at the community on the devstream - calling players childish is neither a good PR move, nor does it leave a good taste in the communities' mouth, especially when salt was already in great abundance.

You dont specifically get to decide what the whole of the community deems "useful". He was NEVER designed to please everyone all of the time.

You talk of professionalism and devs lashing out on devstream... you watch same one as i? The one i watched highlighted devs being abused on their own personal social media pages so yeah take off your rose tinted glasses will you. Where did they call anyone "childish"?

If he has then im kicking myself all that more harder for not picking up Primed Heated Charge for whatever reason when it was out.

I never got why some people were so vitriolic about what he brought, so you saved up a lotta ducats and he brought something you didn't need/want and now you have a lot more for next time.

Edited by AzureTerra

On a more constructive note:

I think the problem was that he only came twice a month. Waiting two weeks in a game feels like an eternity (also means its a good game).

If his stock rotated every other day, and brought one thing at a time + boosters.....i think it would go a lot better.

Whether it's prisma garbage or primed streamline, the salt levels will be exponentially lessened.

Of course, mods like Buzzkill and Primed Flow, etc. would cause salt levels to rise for people that missed him and want DE to reverse time and cater to them specifically.

And also you have the marketeers that want to stock up on mods to gouge sell them to newbies. They would want enough time to farm ducats. blah blah blah

Either way, you cant please everybody. But at least this would please more people than before.

It was a terrible design. Would be much better to have him be permanent with his inventory changing daily. Encourages visiting him every day and poor offerings wouldn't matter since they'd change in a day. And a new player joining game will have a chance to get all relevant items in a month or two.

So the "terrible design" is that you couldn't get all items asap. That's the terrible design. You needed to wait for free items. That's totally, totally horrible.

Oh and the this mythical new player will be flowing with enough ducats to get stuff in a couple of months? Really?

It wasn't just PC players who could tell how blatantly bad his loot has been over the last few visits. Don't point blame on one platform.

His stuff has been blatantly bad for a long while now and they've justified it with "But muh power creep" which was fine and dandy. But then they released the newest event and added the very definition of power creep to the new loot.

So all loot released must be top tier.

Min\maxers are the ones that must dictated the game completely?

You know, for loot to be top tier there has to be something below it, right?

Lol. Well theres no countdown for PC players.. Don't really care.

But is there still a countdown for ps4? So we can catch up and (we didn't contribute to the huge amounts of salt PC threw at DE) 

We threw a bit of seasoned salt for better tasting lol..

No but seriously... Countdown still there for us??? I need P. Cont and Flow