The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Shadow Debt Post 18.4.3 Feedback [Megathread]

Wevi

Grinding these guys for the new rares? I'm not even going to try. If I get them I get them, and if not, DE have already said that the acolytes will become a permanent addition at some point after the event. I can only assume that their drops will come along with them.

Calm down bro. You have 9 days. No need to get everything in the second.

Yeah, because Angst has 1.8% left. She'll be around for another 9 days. Sure. The immediate response to acolytes being killed is then:

If I remember the final boss of the Event drops all mods, not sure what the drop rates are but yea, this is not the best executed event I will agree with you on that. I've only got 1 rare from all my grinding, I feel your pain!

As if grinding in a 4-mod pool wasn't bad enough, you think it'll be better in a 20 mod pool? I'll just get the commons from the other guys I already have. At least I got Argon Scope (by aborting). Saved me hours of wasted effort.

Grinding these guys for the new rares? I'm not even going to try. If I get them I get them, and if not, DE have already said that the acolytes will become a permanent addition at some point after the event. I can only assume that their drops will come along with them.

"At some point after the event". When? Next week? Next month? Next year? See: Bursa Moa. When's the last time you fought one of those?

Edit: Not trying to be harsh on you two.

Edited by PublikDomain

You hate an event that you felt you needed to grind?

That's called being rational. If I was forced to do the same thing over and over and over in a vain effort to get something, I'd be pretty miserable too.

Perhaps next time, do not grind. You could, in fact, fight other acolytes, or do other missions. There's a Grineer/Corpus invasion offering Golden Potato for both sides. Go do that instead.

Getting rare stuff does not equal fun. Grinding does not equal fun. Stop trying to believe that both are your ultimate path to enjoying the event. It'll save you a lot of blood pressure meds later in life. Because it's not worth it.

For the love of DE Rebecca, please, take a break from the event, and enjoy the rest of the game. The event will still be here for you when you feel better.

Stayed up for 10 hours last night grinding Angst for one rare mod. From 7 PM when I finished dinner and realized "Oh S#&$, she's down to 6% health!" to 5 AM when I just stopped. I completely gave up. You win, DE. Keep your mods, I don't want them. I'll play the last stage to get my Vulkar and skin and help my clan get a gold statue, but that's it. This isn't how an event should be. You can't honestly expect me to do this again for Violence and Malice?

TeLydPt.png

I'm no longer playing RNG content. If this means the only way I play Warframe is by logging in and getting my login reward, so be it.

What is wrong with you?! go to bed.  you place too much emphasis on game, go for walk.

Yeah, because Angst has 1.8% left. She'll be around for another 9 days. Sure. The immediate response to acolytes being killed is then:

As if grinding in a 4-mod pool wasn't bad enough, you think it'll be better in a 20 mod pool? I'll just get the commons from the other guys I already have. At least I got Argon Scope (by aborting). Saved me hours of wasted effort.

"At some point after the event". When? Next week? Next month? Next year? See: Bursa Moa. When's the last time you fought one of those?

Edit: Not trying to be harsh on you two.

By aborting ?

Like starting the game and when you see its not a rare mod you abort ?

Even if torment is back the odds are still stacked against me. After classes and work I come back to farm my butt off for any rare event mod and still empty handed. Chances are I might not get one at all despite my dedication.

Yep.  It was better in past events where after we completed certain goals we would get a pack of several mods.  This RNG drop garbage with limited availability of certain mods only showing up with certain acolytes...  Sigh...

They did buff the drop chances though.  I was lucky to get 1 rare event mod yesterday after about 3 hours of grinding.  Still not awesome, but better than nothing.

Just don't know how much longer my patience will hold through.  I mean...  instead of playing this event, I'm thinking of doing some quests for some of the newer warframes I haven't crafted yet.  That's bad...  When an event is less interesting/rewarding than the content that is always available and can be done at any time.  =/

Perhaps next time, do not grind. You could, in fact, fight other acolytes, or do other missions. There's a Grineer/Corpus invasion offering Golden Potato for both sides. Go do that instead.

I'm MR21. I've done everything else. Golden potatoes? I have 12. The other Acolytes were 100% farmed pre-patch easy peasy took a few hours. The only things I'm missing from this event are Angst's rare, Violence's rare, and whatever the last guy will bring.

Getting rare stuff does not equal fun. Grinding does not equal fun. Stop trying to believe that both are your ultimate path to enjoying the event. It'll save you a lot of blood pressure meds later in life. Because it's not worth it.

Oh, of course grind != fun. Who said it was? It's the opposite, that's why I'm so salty. I know that I don't enjoy this garbage. You'd be wrong though about rare != fun, I'm a collector. When I play games I like to collect all the things. Doesn't matter what it is, I enjoy collecting things. It's one of the reasons I like Warframe; there's just so much junk to get. Too bad most of recent junk is so far behind some grindwall that I'll probably never see it unless I shell out the plat.

For the love of DE Rebecca, please, take a break from the event, and enjoy the rest of the game. The event will still be here for you when you feel better.

Angst is dead today, and as I've said before I won't be grinding that last stage. I'll only be doing it for the guaranteed rewards. I also don't know why you'd bring up a DE staff, I have no love for them at the moment.

By aborting ?

Like starting the game and when you see its not a rare mod you abort ?

Yep, you could join a game, kill the acolyte, and see what they dropped. Didn't get what you wanted? Abort and retry. They patched that out because people were complaining about people doing it in public matches. Nevermind that some of us were doing this in private lobbies. Certainly not the way the event was intended, but guess why people did it?

Login is RNG too though...

The important stuff ain't. I've got a set goal with that secondary. It'll drop 100% guaranteed once I get 100 days, and I don't even have to do a mission for it.

I've been farming for more than 12 hours now after the latest hotfix which was supposed to fix the drop rates. I have slightly more than 200 runs now and all I have to show at the end of it all is a bunch of commons, some uncommons and 2 rares. 

This is the first event I've taken part in for Warframe. I was told stories of how previous events rewards were based on certain milestones reached. I was always excited listening to these stories, waiting for the chance to finally participate in an event and experience this for myself. Unfortunately, this has been a very bad and extremely draining first experience.

I know I know, nobody forced me to farm for them. I should stop playing if I don't like the RNG or farming. I can always wait for when the mod becomes available again. But seeing as how the predators in the trade chat price event mods at ridiculous prices, I would rather have a copy for myself so I wouldn't have to give them my plat. If anything, I would much rather my plat go back to DE by buying things from the Market than having to pay a trader just because he got lucky or he managed to prey on someone else.

Why does this event reward luck and not effort? If it was a community's effort to bring an acolyte down, shouldn't the community be rewarded for their effort, and not just the select few who have more luck than others?

So far I have enjoyed it but I see a lot of complains it bothers me.

In honest truth all those common and uncommon mods only reason your getting them because rare mod doesn't drop.

Imagine the stalker he can drop something or nothing at all.

Acolyte they can drop something and if they don't drop that something they will give your another something always giving you at least a reward then giving you nothing at all.

This made me happy that such event reward me In the mission and reward for running an specific amount of missions like the usual event.

That is something I enjoy
what is something you enjoy my fellow tenno.

P.S. DE it would be cool if the spy mission would give common and uncommon reward....and the acolyte could just have the chance of dropping the rare mods....That would teach people to be grateful for at least getting something.

I've been enjoying the event.  I'd appreciate it if I got a rare mod at some point or the uncommon I haven't got off Angst yet but I know I'll have a chance later anyway.  What I have enjoyed is running missions that I wouldn't normally do such as Rescue.  The only complaint I'd have is the amount of Alad V chat.  I hate him and it sickens me that we are fighting to protect him.

I like the event I've gotten a few rare mods, expect from angst, all I get is body count, every single time. And i like that we are actually getting more allies in the solar system, alad V is interesting and I'm glad we're not just throwing him away after he got infected.

Well the thing with me is that all the other events basically Grind X this many times get reward. Basically no RNG, just a grind. This event is all RNG and RNG always hates me.

If they just said 100 runs and you get a rare mod I would have no issues. Mostly because this would reduce the grind, at least with me because my luck is that bad.

I think the event is great I like this whole acolyte deal with Stalker gaining followers and such, this seems like it's adding a decent chunk to the lore and more info to stalker and I'm sure there will be more explained later also the new mods are great and adds more variety to builds now
more mods = awesome
new enemies = radical
more lore Soon™ = Heck yeah B)
Event = 10/10 would spend hours trying to get new mods again
This player = happy about the event

Well, event is... Reminds me a bit of farming behemoth juggernaut. On one had, I WANT all those mods, on other hand I have a lot of doubts wether burning myself out of them is worth it (I'm a weak man, just around 60 encounters so far). Personally I don't think it's clear enough and clarification on whether mods will be normally obtainable in game(normal game, not tempo royal style) while event ends or no would take away a lot of this nasty pressure.

Other than that... I don't really follow the lore here. Alad helped us a bit during second dream, but it was US who messed up hunhow's plans. And stalker groupies chase him instead of us? "our fight is not with you tenno"? I hope for some grand reveal in next stage(s).

But, event, yay. I'm happy.

Edited by 5HV3N

honestly, this event is no fun because a)wait for stalkerboys and girls to appear on some node b)search every nook and cranny in some missions to get them to come out of their closet c)way too easy to defeat d)RNG (tho these new mods aren't even that appealing to me)

most fun i've had is when clannie and i ran potato invasion and stalkyr decided to spawn, it was fun seeing dozen of bombards, heavy gunners and napalms beating the crap out of her while she ran around aimlessly