Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lens With Checkbox In Sortie Rewards

Ketec

Sure some people complained - but now its just worse.
I can only get ONE lens for my path in the whole season - usually over 15 days.

You need 4 to make greater to begin with - 2 months.

BP-s are fine - not lens.

Edited by Ketec

Disagree with all these "but they're tradeable!" comments. Throwing people into the tank of deceitful piranhas that is trade chat is a horrible idea until they implement a proper auction house that forces them into more reasonable prices. 

lenses have low values in trad chat, like extremely low because greater lenses can be bought for so cheap.

Trade? I tried  2 hours in that horrible trade chat to trade them for the ones i need. I got almost 0 replies.
Iv tried that in the forums with a post. Again 0 replies.
Not only that but only a few are in high demand  and noone wants to trade them for the  less useful ones to begin with.

lenses have low values in trad chat, like extremely low because greater lenses can be bought for so cheap.

And at the same time it's also important to consider that prices don't always mean plat prices. Good luck finding people interested in trading lenses for something other than plat, or at an equivalent rate if you're looking for some of the more popular schools. 

Focus is supposed to be an end-game progression system. I think it's ridiculous for it to be monetized.

Flooding sorties with Lenses isn't a solution either.

You need precisely 1 lens to gain power in the focus system and 2 non greater to be just fine.  With the daily cap, extra lenses don't really help very much.

Not exactly much of a problem.

You need precisely 1 lens to gain power in the focus system and 2 non greater to be just fine.  With the daily cap, extra lenses don't really help very much.

While Flooding Sorties with lenses may not be the best solution, restricting lenses to 1 every 15 days is much worse.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of players who do not hit the daily cap every day, whether or not because they don't have the time, don't want to reduce themselves to the Draco methods of farming, or whatever it may be.

Additionally, without many Lenses to use, you are restricted to certain pieces of gear to farm Focus with, and you may not want to use that piece of gear for your Void missions/ Trials, what have you.

Greater Lenses require four normal Lenses to craft. That's 1 Greater Lens every 60 days if you manage to get the Lens you want during a rotation. If you want a Greater Lens, you cannot use your Lenses on other pieces of gear for two months. 

This is not anywhere close to ideal.

And you need only one reactor and 1 catalyst to be viable for endgame so they can be deleted from the sorties.

Disagree.  Regular lenses are tradeable.  You can, and should, trade lenses from a different school if you need more, not bury the rest of us in them.

Karak Wraith barrel is tradeable too but still so many people are complaining.

Edited by Kuestenjung

And at the same time it's also important to consider that prices don't always mean plat prices. Good luck finding people interested in trading lenses for something other than plat, or at an equivalent rate if you're looking for some of the more popular schools. 

Focus is supposed to be an end-game progression system. I think it's ridiculous for it to be monetized.

I haven't had a problem. I have been trading other sortie rewards for lenses Dera/Karak/Strun and Nezha parts. Like I said, people put little value behind them so it is easy to find trade partners by offering descent items in exchange.

And you need only one reactor and 1 catalyst to be viable for endgame so they can be deleted from the sorties.

Karak Wraith barrel is tradeable too but still so many people are complaining.

Potatoes double your potential power. Additional lenses make it slightly easier to grind out a capped rep. They are completely different. Without a Potato you will never reach 60 energy. Without multiple lenses it takes you slightly longer to farm rep.

Also you will only ever need 1 Karak Wraith barrel.

Eh, maybe its because I am not plowing my way through the Focus system. I just throw lenses on my gear and let them level up over time with no consideration of the daily cap or how much time I am spending on it.

Edited by xRufus7x

Trade? I tried  2 hours in that horrible trade chat to trade them for the ones i need. I got almost 0 replies.

Iv tried that in the forums with a post. Again 0 replies.

Not only that but only a few are in high demand  and noone wants to trade them for the  less useful ones to begin with.

Seriously ?

Cause 1 post of wtb a lens 6p and i get seven sellers or 1 post of wts lens 5p each and two minutes later they are sold

I haven't had a problem. I have been trading other sortie rewards for lenses Dera/Karak/Strun and Nezha parts. Like I said, people put little value behind them so it is easy to find trade partners by offering descent items in exchange.

See, I think you're missing the point here, which is that you really shouldn't need to barter for progression items in the first place. Especially not on trade chat, where people will gouge you as long as they think they can. 

The possibility of trading for lenses somewhat alleviates their relative rarity, but it's not a solution to the problem. The lenses really ought to just be something you can trade in tokens for if you're not actively saving up for something else. 

See, I think you're missing the point here, which is that you really shouldn't need to barter for progression items in the first place. Especially not on trade chat, where people will gouge you as long as they think they can. 

The possibility of trading for lenses somewhat alleviates their relative rarity, but it's not a solution to the problem. The lenses really ought to just be something you can trade in tokens for if you're not actively saving up for something else. 

But it isn't stopping your progression like a potato. You are given a free lens from the quest and can use that to progress. Also,as stated there is little to no gouging for lenses going on just because they are perceived as being low value items. This would be like price gouging for Ammo Drum.

Edited by xRufus7x

While Flooding Sorties with lenses may not be the best solution, restricting lenses to 1 every 15 days is much worse.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of players who do not hit the daily cap every day, whether or not because they don't have the time, don't want to reduce themselves to the Draco methods of farming, or whatever it may be.

Additionally, without many Lenses to use, you are restricted to certain pieces of gear to farm Focus with, and you may not want to use that piece of gear for your Void missions/ Trials, what have you.

Greater Lenses require four normal Lenses to craft. That's 1 Greater Lens every 60 days if you manage to get the Lens you want during a rotation. If you want a Greater Lens, you cannot use your Lenses on other pieces of gear for two months. 

This is not anywhere close to ideal.

Nope since lens and dera karak items sell easy at 5p each lens and 10p each dera karak items then with 40p i purchased a Greater lens and so far i have Greater lens on four frames and seven weapons now as far as focus farming once you max out the cooldown mastery and 1 usefull skill or  passive theres nothing left to farm focus for?

Nope since lens and dera karak items sell easy at 5p each lens and 10p each dera karak items then with 40p i purchased a Greater lens and so far i have Greater lens on four frames and seven weapons now as far as focus farming once you max out the cooldown mastery and 1 usefull skill or  passive theres nothing left to farm focus for?

Trading Chat is not a solution. It's a mitigation, sure, but it's not a solution that can be relied upon and shouldn't be treated as such.

The change to how Lenses are rewarded is recent and isn't even yet on PS4. There is no possibility of getting multiple of the same Lens a season. 

If we are to ignore Trading Chat, which we will, for now, 11 Greater Lenses would take the user 22 months to obtain.

That is not ideal.

In response to those against the "there is trading"

There is the market website for all trade purposes already. You can use that. I also doubt that there ever will be an auction house where you can do anything else but buying and selling since trading is possibly more complex.

As for only getting 1 lens of each per season. I am not against it. Lenses reappear every season whereas other rewards like Pyra Syandana do not come back, same goes for the weapon of each season.

Before the fixes, I sometimes got 6 lenses in total in a row when i wanted something else entirely, in my opinion, everything could be having a checkbox to make sure you can get everything. Or at least until they bring in the discussed token system.

I have lenses coming out of my *** at this point, no way do I want to continue getting a lens reward each day, if you need Greater lenses OP I suggest doing what I did. Max your Syndicate standing and sell the weapons for about 30p, sell a few spare parts and voila, 40p to buy a greater lens from the market.

Trading Chat is not a solution. It's a mitigation, sure, but it's not a solution that can be relied upon and shouldn't be treated as such.

The change to how Lenses are rewarded is recent and isn't even yet on PS4. There is no possibility of getting multiple of the same Lens a season. 

If we are to ignore Trading Chat, which we will, for now, 11 Greater Lenses would take the user 22 months to obtain.

That is not ideal.

The same problem exists with trying to get arcane enhancements since trade chat is the only option since they are not purchasable directly from the market and with lor being only once per day at a less than 1 percent drop rate for arcane energize this means several years before rng grants me 10 arcane energize