The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Someone Revives You Or Your Dog, Say "thank You." Or "thanks." Or "ty"

Troll_Logic

Question

Hmm, stand there and die because I was chatting, or help fight?   That's a tough one.

The revive was appreciated, whether the owner had time to say anything or not.   Same as reviving a player is appreciated, whether there is time to chat or not.

You know you did a good deed.  You don't need someone to pat your head for it.

I say it when the situation isn't incredibly dire. On the opposite side, I don't say it (again) if I've already said it once/twice with no other messages in the chat box which would sort of make it look like it's flooded with "Thanks."

Also, while it might be "courteous" it may or may not be necessarily appreciated by the other party member(s). I'll say it (I suppose out of reflex at this point), but I won't expect mandate that others to do the same.

Edited by Otenko

If they revived me i will usually say thanks on the Voice chat, however. When playing with pugs. If i do die, it already means we are in deep trouble. And me typing Thank you, or ty is wasting time i could have been using my weapon or ability's to clear that trouble.

I would say that it is self implied that i am grateful for someone coming to my aid, and i neither should have to pat them on the back or should i recommend it at higher levels since it will drain more time, offering a more likely chance to be downed again.

knowing that you did something helpful is it's own reward, you should not need to be reminded that you did a good job.

I don't bother, since even typing "TY" gmeans leaving the fight, which can get you downed again. I'll just assume they're gonna go down themselves (and they usually do), and then revive them "now we're even etc."

the only time I'll ever speak in chat is if we go through an absolutely chaotic mission, like a Sortie 3 Defense and win by the skin of our teeth. that gets you a rare Robotwars7 "GG". if I have ever given you this honour, wear it with pride. because I don't give them out often.  

I don't expect poeple to say thanks/ty after a revive, I almost find it bothersome. It's a co-op game as long as you aren't trolling or some douchebag if I can, I'll revive you. Also some times, it's more efficient to cover your allies while they revive the downed player. But only the reviver would get a thanks? The whole mission is a team effort, if you feel thankful just drop a gg at the end if you really need to voice it.

I just assume people are happy being revived and are thankful, I mean I like keeping my energy and so does everyone. I also find it fun to run through half the map to arrive at the very last second to either make a heroic save or a "so-close!" kind of situation.

I'm also very thankful if you revive my kubrow, but I won't hold it against you if you don't, I mean it's mine. I also try to revive others people kubrows as much as possible, because they are the superior companion. Gotta encourage people to use them.

Edited by Vantooth

It all depends on the situation, usually if I'm to the point of needing to be revived then there is no time to talk, unless I just did something stupid and I have the time I try to say it, but at the same time I don't get mad at others for not saying it to me either. 

Many people are saying that there isn't time or that they'll die again if they type "ty."  Or they're saying that being polite is patting someone on their back for what they should be doing. 

I don't believe either.  After all, the player being revived is the one that's laying down.  There's always time to be polite.  There's always time to show a little gratitude for someone else to dive into the situation that dropped one player already.  Personally, I type "thanks" when someone starts to revive me.

There is always time.

Edited by Troll_Logic

I am silent 90% of the time. I rarely go down compared to others in pugs. I show my gratitude by reviving them when they need it, although if I've gone down it usually means I've already revived most others in squad at least once already lol, so they don't feel I'm rude if I pay attention to game instead of typing.

And everyone is right you really dont have time unless there are no real threats around, which is a rare situation to be downed anyway. Yes, you are just lying there, but you can crawl a bit for better positioning and fire at enemies with secondary to take heat off reviving teammates. And once you are up you should be fighting and strategizing to avoid going down again. I would much rather a downed person make every second count with their secondary than waste time typing a trite, meaningless verbal pat on the back.

Revive because it helps the mission and because its the right thing to do in a coop game, not because you want validation for doing what you should have done anyway.