The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix Saryn's Rework, Please?

Issxi

Could they not buff molt, by making it still lose health but unable to die before the first 3 seconds, so it will stop @ 1% Health?

Not only would that make it viable as a "tank" to draw the attention away from Saryn herself. But it would work perfectly synergy with Miasma as well?

Edited by Hellmaker2004

I'm a Saryn main, and I'm very upset that you guys still think she in a usable state after the 'rework' you gave her.

So you know the frame better than anyone else in the game? Even the people who made her and decided that what she did needed to change. She's changed and you cant adapt to the changes is all im seeing here.

So you know the frame better than anyone else in the game? Even the people who made her and decided that what she did needed to change. She's changed and you cant adapt to the changes is all im seeing here.

its sad that there are some people unwilling to admit that they cannot adapt with the the excuse they use of high level viability. truthfully the frames should have power synergy and at the same time DE needs to look at high level itself and change it period. everyone complaining about the kit have one thing in common and that the HIGH LEVEL viability argument. too often it is seen and what shouldnt be done is some of the extremes DE is willing to go through to not address scaling of the so called high level and the fact that high level is false challenge. bullet sponges that can one shot is not challenge its a broken mechanic.

challenge would be something like while fighting on grineer high level corpus units sometimes come in and help the grineer like the units that skate and block powers and the bursa(heavy units). can you imagine fighting heavy gunners ballista bursa nullifier bombards napalms corpus tech etc all at the same time? these units each have their own mechanics that make them priority targets a bloated increase to damage health and armor is completely unnecessary. Enemies need mechanics that make them terrifying not bloated values.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Excuse me, it is the other way around.

Bonus damage is based on missing health not health remaining.

I was about to go test this and see if I could disagree, but I realised that first, you're probably right, and second, the change would need refining before it would work anyway.

Hear me out; The forced detonation of Molt triggers bonus damage based off both the percentage of Molt's health and power strength, whichever way it's calculated (health remaining or health lost, not going to say I'm right, just that it doesn't matter in this case) this comes up with flat numbers because it's percentage based. It wouldn't matter one bit to give her an absorb period in that case because a percentage is the same regardless of units involved.

Thus, the proposed change: Force-detonating Molt with Miasma would instead deal damage based on the number of health points lost, not the percentage. Meaning that giving the Molt an absorb period would actually scale against enemies.

The more damage the enemies deal in the absorb phase, which higher-level enemies will do quickly, the more health Molt has. The more health she has to lose, then, the more damage Miasma's detonation would do because it's a straight multiplier of numbers dealt instead of percentage dealt. Unmodded the numbers wouldn't be much different to the current, however with strength mods and the absorb multiplier, that could reach some seriously high digits.

What do you think?

Saryn isn't bad because she can abuse her 1 to cheese enemies hp bars. She is considered a bad frame because her other 3 abilities are complete trash and are only used to spore more viral procs. 

This rework has you spamming 1 now, claiming this rework was successful is completely delusional. I'm sorry but it is how it is. 

Saryn isn't bad because she can abuse her 1 to cheese enemies hp bars. She is considered a bad frame because her other 3 abilities are complete trash and are only used to spore more viral procs. 

This rework has you spamming 1 now, claiming this rework was successful is completely delusional. I'm sorry but it is how it is. 

Has you spaming 1? wrong you have to use 2, 1, and 4 or 2, 3, 1, and 4. Previous saryn was as follows: spec lowest duration and efficiency, use energy pad at start of mission, spam 4 until mission complete. Her kit is complete synergy with the rework. The only thing TRUE saryn mains are not ok with right now is her being able to survive better and for molt to survive better against the broken scaling in high level.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

The only thing TRUE saryn mains are not ok with right now is her being able to survive better and for molt to survive better against the broken scaling in high level.

No, that's called a "no true scotsman" fallacy. You're trying to undermine someone's opinion by saying that they aren't a 'true' Saryn player if they don't think like you do.

No, that's called a "no true scotsman" fallacy. You're trying to undermine someone's opinion by saying that they aren't a 'true' Saryn player if they don't think like you do.

No sorry but you can tell from his post his inexperience with saryn. if he was to go around telling people he mains saryn some would see he is lying.

Casting spores... once per wave of enemies is spamming it?

I see you have a Loki in your avatar. How's that end game 4 spamming? Or stealth 2 spamming? That's spamming.

Stop trying to pile a million power strength on her and add a bit of range. She's tons more versatile now. The fact that people can't understand how to make up for her faults and then call her trash is the problem, not Saryn.

Lol what is this arguement about True Saryn Mains?

That's hilarious.

It's pretty simple, either yu managed to adapt to Saryn's change and found out her quick combo, or yur still stuck in the past claiming Saryn got borked.

Even those who enjoy the rework agree she could use some tweaks so it ain't perfect anyway.

True Saryn Mains. Pfft. What a cringy thing to say. 

Yur either adaptable , or not. 

If yur not adaptable to the change, then don't play her, it's ok.

Note: This post is from the perspective of a solo player with 1,402 hours played, 12% (168 hours) of which has been with Saryn. She was the third frame I ever acquired, is my second favorite (second only to Nyx), and I hardly use her though because she's just not fun to use nowadays.

Things I dislike about Saryn's rework:

-Needing to combo abilities for them to be effective

-Spending butt-loads of energy

-Contagion; it's slow, inefficient, and boring

---needs AoE, should apply to allies/companions/etc., augment is terrible (static clouds, slot could be used for far better mods)

-Being significantly less tanky

---you're far more prone to dying when trying to make use of Rage

-Extremely unsatisfying energy return on Contagion

---spend 75 energy (Venom + Contagion) to get 2 energy back, requires 38 hits on Venom spores to break even

-Molt is still hopelessly squishy

---needs health/shields/armor scaling based on Saryn's heath/shields/armor and/or power strength

-Regenerative Molt seems like it was stealth nerfed

---always find myself casting multiple times to fully heal, even with high power strength (pre-rework = 1, maybe 2 casts)

-Contagion

-Always being short one mod

---I always have a negative stat or I'm forced to give up a needed stat to cancel negative stat, regardless of build

-Contagion.

Things I like about Saryn's rework:

-The idea of combo'ing abilities for more damage/added effects

---Venom + Contagion guarantees a spore pop? Great. Venom + Contagion + Miasma is required to deal with higher-level Grineer? Not great.

-Guaranteed procs

-Removing procs with Molt

---can conflict with using Rage, the only viable energy gain aside from restores

-Um...she looks the same?

Edited by Ailith

All these people praising the rework, yet I haven't seen but 2 Saryns, if that, after the rework. Saryn RIP

People flock to a frame when it's OP, exploitable, and makes the game easy.  It doesn't say much else about the frame's design, and mudslinging posts like this only perpetuate unpopularity of various options.  

-Regenerative Molt seems like it was stealth nerfed

---always find myself casting multiple times to fully heal, even with high power strength (pre-rework = 1, maybe 2 casts)

And I thought I was just imagining it! My guess is that it's healing still scales with low duration, which is counter-intuitive to the rest of her abilities...

And I thought I was just imagining it! My guess is that it's healing still scales with low duration, which is counter-intuitive to the rest of her abilities...

Not really..... the reason Low duration molt feels faster is because the Heal is only for 1 second before the Molt explodes, and by spamming the 2 key, yur effectively healing 50 Hp per key press.

Molt with Duration will heal 50 per second...... so it's slower, because within 1 second I can press a low duration Molt maybe 3-4 times because Molt has no cast animation. 

Not really..... the reason Low duration molt feels faster is because the Heal is only for 1 second before the Molt explodes, and by spamming the 2 key, yur effectively healing 50 Hp per key press.

Molt with Duration will heal 50 per second...... so it's slower, because within 1 second I can press a low duration Molt maybe 3-4 times because Molt has no cast animation.

I never really ran anything lower than 50% (about 8 seconds) duration pre rework, and switched to 80% (around 13 seconds, but regen stops at 10) post. I guess I never tested it and just ended up assuming it was because I changed duration value. Welp, guess it's true what they say about assuming then. My bad Edited by NKDG

People flock to a frame when it's OP, exploitable, and makes the game easy.  It doesn't say much else about the frame's design, and mudslinging posts like this only perpetuate unpopularity of various options.  

Funny how you can claim someone is throwing mud while doing it at the same time and generalizing an entire group of players. Only you, are pretending to be better. Popularity of a warframe can tell you many things, and it is the most important metric piece of data DE uses, to determine what their next plan is.

If a warframe is not being played often it doesn't necessarily mean that the warframe is bad sure, but it does tell you that something needs change. 

Edited by tripletriple

Funny how you can claim someone is throwing mud while doing it at the same time and generalizing an entire group of players. Only you, are pretending to be better. Popularity of a warframe can tell you many things, and it is the most important metric piece of data DE uses, to determine what their next plan is.

If a warframe is not being played often it doesn't necessarily mean that the warframe is bad sure, but it does tell you that something needs change. 

Fluxinated was clearly mudslinging and Realpandemonium stated a behavioral fact. you couldn't bring yourself to understand the difference. there are 28 warframes and if you have all 28 like myself and most others there will be frames you will not play often that in no way means there is something wrong with a frame.

Title.

High damage from ability combos you say? Too bad the combo is too slow, allowing all your kills to be taken by Excaliburs, Embers, Ash, and Lokis.

Play solo to avoid that? Too bad she can't scale into high level missions anymore and dies as quick as a Loki does, even with a MAX Vitality. Rejuvination AND Regenerative Molt alongside it can't even keep her alive, which should tell you obviously there is a problem.

Abilities DoTs powerful you say? Too bad the ticks are so slow enemies still mow you down. before they die. Oh not to mention they can be killed by spam-casters like Excalibur before you even kill them.

Seriously how can people be okay with how terrible she is now? She is the female tank, and can't tank anymore. She can't escape because enemies will ignore Molt half the time and still shoot you down. Molt dies as fast as Loki's Decoy does. The only abilities worth anything are Spore and Toxic Lash and those are mediocre at best. The fact that she is almost REQUIRED to bring a Torid, Tysis/Embolist, or Mire is terrible and limits how efficient we can be.

I don't care what the nay-sayers march in here with, but she needs to be fixed. At BEST she is pre-rework Rhino Tier, which is disgusting.

Stop ignoring the Saryn feedback out there DE and fix her now please.

Edited by DarkD3filer