Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus 1.1 Complains Are Not Really Warranted.

-N7-Leonhart

your thinking way to much into this problem when its really not worth being blown out of proportion like this..just play the game and have fun.

True the best way to play is to have fun, but having to burn oneself out to make progress in a feature isn't a good thing. That's what the problem here is: the return is too low for the sake of most players casual or not.

your thinking way to much into this problem when its really not worth being blown out of proportion like this..just play the game and have fun.

If you don't care and your only contribution is to go 'lol just go have fun you guys!!!' even when people are raising valid arguments, then why are you even reading a forum for feedback...?

If you don't care and your only contribution is to go 'lol just go have fun you guys!!!' even when people are raising valid arguments, then why are you even reading a forum for feedback...?

What you should see, is that at the end of the day, most people will gain more focus, faster. It is inevitable that with any kind of change, some will be affected positively and some in a negative way. Nothing new.

The new focus is TERRIBLE and here's why:

-Convergence can spawn in unreachable location like outside the map.

-Convergence seems to not give any focus at all very often, whole mission, 0 focus gain.

-Reduced the lens to about 1.5%?! GRAB CONVERGENCE NOW, oh wait I CANT!

-Forces backtracking to pick up this f*cking convergence, during defense and mobile defense unacceptable.

-It's shared now? You mean we share 0 focus? Awesome...

-So far it worked only in solo survival, even if you fix it, its annoying.

If that's your idea of "better" focus gain, roll back the change.

What you should see, is that at the end of the day, most people will gain more focus, faster. It is inevitable that with any kind of change, some will be affected positively and some in a negative way. Nothing new.

No, they won't. The only people who will are those who consistently play support roles in 4-person squads. Anything else is going to see net loss, or do you always ignore math when it's being used to drag you?

Not sure how I "should" see that given the math that has been presented (shoutouts to DeMonkey for that) as well as my personal experience so far.

I mean if you have an actual argument and can adequately show that the new system is a net gain for everyone/the majority, then good, but when people are posting actual numbers and you're trying to insist 'nah most people are gonna get more it's actually really good you guys!' then... well, you do you, I guess, but it's not very convincing.

Except all evidence is pointing that at the end of the day the vast majority are gaining focus much slower and that only under very specific conditions with a full group with you even come close to the gains from before.

The new focus is TERRIBLE and here's why:

-Convergence seems to not give any focus at all very often, whole mission, 0 focus gain.

-Forces backtracking to pick up this f*cking convergence, during defense and mobile defense unacceptable.

-It's shared now? You mean we share 0 focus? Awesome...

-So far it worked only in solo survival, even if you fix it, its annoying.

If that's your idea of "better" focus gain, roll back the change.

So yeah, we should have the old rates back AND the shared focus+convergence, since maxing 100k focus in more than 20 mins is too much bother 

/sarcasm

So yeah, we should have the old rates back AND the shared focus+convergence, since maxing 100k focus in more than 20 mins is too much bother 

/sarcasm

Ok, go into a t4 survival with 4 people, stay 40 minutes and come back to tell us your gained affinity.

So you don't deny the shared focus part...heh

Shared focus was requested by like 90% of the community so supporter frames like trinity can gain some too while assisting their mates. But nerfing the overall focus gain only to add "convergences" to make it all-around harder is something that nobody likes or asked for. Especially considering:

Shared focus was requested by like 90% of the community so supporter frames like trinity can gain some too while assisting their mates. But nerfing the overall focus gain only to add "convergences" to make it all-around harder is something that nobody likes or asked for. Especially considering:

You still don't get it? The change was lower rates for shared focus, so that the overall gain is mostly the same. The Convergence part is only a bonus, only pluses, no downsides to it.

I personally was fine with how things were before, since I always did the most kills using only weapons. However I am not fine with everyone whining "how horrible things are now". 

You still don't get it? The change was lower rates for shared focus, so that the overall gain is mostly the same. The Convergence part is only a bonus, only pluses, no downsides to it.

I personally was fine with how things were before, since I always did the most kills using only weapons. However I am not fine with everyone whining "how horrible things are now". 

This is either intellectual dishonesty, trolling, or both. You've been given exhaustive mathematical evidence that this assertion is false.

This is either intellectual dishonesty, trolling, or both. You've been given exhaustive mathematical evidence that this assertion is false.

Sure, let's remove the shared focus and bring back the old rates, I am all for it. However, I won't stand for both, I don't like playing a more sandbox game than it is now.

While I'm not exactly happy with the new focus gains (yes, there is a problem with them), I fail to see why DE should be focused on pleasing the solo players as much as this forum seems to want them to be. This is an online multiplayer game where the vast majority of their playerbase runs with a party. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I run solo a good 95% of the time I'm playing. I expect to gain more focus faster if I'm in a party, rather than solo. More enemies, more allies killing said enemies, shared focus from said kills. If it's not working like this then they've failed.

It's not working like this, of course, but we shouldn't be expecting them to return it to the way it was and I see no problems with them making it harder for you to spend 30 minutes maxing out your focus by running a solo stealth Ivara extermination mission.

Sure, let's remove the shared focus and bring back the old rates, I am all for it. However, I won't stand for both, I don't like playing a more sandbox game than it is now.

What the hell is with this fallacy again? Nobody EVER said to have both. Not a single time. Go through this thread and find it, please.

You won't stand for it? I almost wish DE would do it now.

Almost.

While I'm not exactly happy with the new focus gains (yes, there is a problem with them), I fail to see why DE should be focused on pleasing the solo players as much as this forum seems to want them to be. This is an online multiplayer game where the vast majority of their playerbase runs with a party. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I run solo a good 95% of the time I'm playing. I expect to gain more focus faster if I'm in a party, rather than solo. More enemies, more allies killing said enemies, shared focus from said kills. If it's not working like this then they've failed.

It's not working like this, of course, but we shouldn't be expecting them to return it to the way it was and I see no problems with them making it harder for you to spend 30 minutes maxing out your focus by running a solo stealth Ivara extermination mission.

You don't need to cater to solo players to avoid screwing them over. That's pretty simple.

You know that right now the only way to to get focus is by playing solo? You get 0 focus in multiplayer matches, convergence gives 0 focus, ok? It is clearly broken mechanic.

I fail to see why DE should be focused on pleasing the solo players as much as this forum seems to want them to be.

Is developing a system that rewards both solo play and multiplayer play really such a terrible idea? Can't both be made to progress players are the same rate? Many people prefer to run solo. Specifically those without a decent enough internet connection to enjoy it.

I see no problems with them making it harder for you to spend 30 minutes maxing out your focus by running a solo stealth Ivara extermination mission.

Sure, because burning the people who spent the time/money to obtain the two greater lenses and affinity booster necessary to pull off said method is a good idea. Last time I checked, forcing people to run a mission 10 times just so they can avoid wasting potential focus is also a good idea. /s

I used only one greater lens and no affinity booster before the patch. One solo exterminate run back then equated to 6-9k focus per mission. I had to run a stealth solo mission roughly 10 times daily just so I didn't waste potential focus, because that's what caps encourage.

If people wanna farm/buy greater lenses and affinity boosters just so they spend 30 minutes farming focus daily instead of a couple hours, let them. That's what this game is centered upon as a free-to-play game. Either you work hard or pay up. Not pay up to work hard.

Oh look it is -BM-StormVanguard.

I take it you are here since nobody took your status shotgun bait(you need more then good luck with that since 99% of the people playing the game do not care and the 1% never took you serious anyway) and people are just to biased to go into tonkor vs any other explosive weapon debate(even if that was halve way reasonable)?

Edited by Djego27

I don't understand why some people approve any change game developers do, I'm not saying it's just with this game, it can be seen in other games too. When dev's make a bad move, say it's bad, don't go praising their mistakes. This focus change is perfect example. However it meant to work, it doesn't.

Instead of making it coop, it made it 100% solo plus implemented annoying pickup mechanic, can't enjoy slicing enemies coz have to go pick up the convergence all the time. And now to show you what i mean by 0 focus in multiplayer, exactly how it sounds like:

2016-02-12_00002_zpsid9ccy1d.jpg

2016-02-12_00004_zpssqeeyxab.jpg

And here it spawned outside the map and fell down somewhere, tried to get there but it was spawning me back.

2016-02-12_00001_zpsnptnvbwk.jpg

Oh look it is -BM-StormVanguard.

I take it you are here since nobody took your status shotgun bait(you need more then good luck with that since 99% of the people playing the game do not care and the 1% never took you serious anyway) and people are just to biased to go into tonkor vs any other explosive weapon debate(even if that was halve way reasonable)?

Oh look it's........someone, I think I remember, probably. Not sure.

I see you are doing fine, if you feel like laying some baits yourself. Still getting white hairs over endless debates and walls after walls of texts? Not like someone every said "You are right", after all that. Keep at it :P

So yeah, now we gain significantly less focus than before per kill.

So? Aren't you people forgetting something? Like, how now it is shared with the whole squad, instead of the single, personal gains? Overall, the focus gain should not have changed much, except for the cases where you go solo.

What, did you really thought it would be this easy? *maniacal laugh*. I mean, shared focus would mean even 4x more than before. That is clearly too good to be true, especially with the new focus boost consumables. So yeah, not much has changed in perspective, don't act like it is a tragedy.

P.S. At least now I won't be able to hear invalid complains like "I put the lens on my Trinity/Loki and I am too lazy to use guns? How do I gain focus?".

P.S. 2 Oh, one thing I realized is that now all the Draco camp-spammers will agree with me. Damn, that doesn't make me happy in the least :/

Do you get paid by the hour to defend stuff like this? Or is it per post?

Just wondering how that works. Thanks.