The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Accessing A Friend Account At His Request Bannable ?

Ikaz

Question

Hello there,

I'm playing with a friend who has an aversion of any form of platforming in any game (well jumping from a platform to the next is ok, he's still got a spacebar). He's doing fine in this game as platforming is more or less optional. But now he's trying to get MR 8 and the wall run is something he just can't do.

So topic question, is it acceptable for me to do it on his account ?

Oh, and don't waste your time saying that he should train or change his personality.

Thanks in advance, I couldn't find that specific piece of information as I didn't see the search button anywhere.

Ikaz

24 answers to this question

I don't think it's a big problem, The problem only arises when you start using those accounts to get platinum discounts buying and then trading it over to others.

If he requests you to do an alert for him for example because he's ill, you have HIS permission. Things will only get sticky if things go missing from that account.

Edited by Latiac

DE probably monitors their MMO just as other companies do.

If you log onto your friend's account from any location other than their computer or console, the account may get banned.

You could go ahead and do it anyway, and talk to support if it happens. Honestly, I wouldn't do it. I suck at platforms as well (legally blind), but I keep at it until I succeed with a passable performance. 

Edited by Agent_Pookie
typo

It is just stupid, and you rather shouldn't log in into that account. People, including me, got even banned mistakenly for using 2 accounts. A main for the, welp, main stuff, max rank etc., and a just for fun account whooping a**es on low tiers with almost no good mods.

(Got unbanned quickly, since those accounts were my property. But the reason being banned was "account sharing is forbidden".)

Edited by 0Skyrim0

If your friend is near your place, just do this:

Go to your friend's house, make him log in his account, wrestle the keyboard and mouse away from him for a minute, take his seat and sit on it, do the MR8 test and do the following based on the result:

1. You finished the test? Good, get out of his seat, let him sit on his seat again and go home. Congrats, he's MR8 now.

2. You failed? Too bad, return again tomorrow with some Mountain Dew and Doritos.

You can climb on top of the walls in that test, making them piss easy.

And your pal there is probably one of those guys that always lag behind everyone else when running for extraction since using bullet jumps is so difficult. I'd have him learn some parkour, it will be for everyone's benefit.

As for the question itself - it's a bannable offence technically. Practically no one would give a flying S#&$ about it. No way to detect it either if you do it on his computer too (if that's even possible).

To do what you want to do (helping friend with MR test) can actually bypass DE's eyes, you just need to be really really careful on how to do it.

Yeah... suggesting to another player to do something that breaks EULA and telling them "don't let DE find out though" is NOT the best idea for you m8...

@OP it's expressly forbidden. Do not.

well if you would happen do be over at your friends house. i dont think it would be banable to play on his pc with his acc just for a couple of minutes BUT i would not do that.

LET him train via the test-trainer in any relay

That is just as bannable, if DE finds out.

There are a few ways that I can think to cheat this test

method 1)  Run, double jump and glide to the platforms.  It should be possible to make it to the platforms without wall runs.  I've seen this in youtube videos, so this should work

method 2) Use Loki and energy restores and switch teleport with a decoy place on the next platform (This has a good chance of working)

method 3) Use Ivara's zip line arrows (This may not work)

method 4) Use Zephyr.  Her high jump air dash, and air floatiness in air should make this significantly easier

method 5) Nova's wormhole (but I have no idea how far the range is or if the worm hole would under or overshoot the platform.  If it undershoots the platform, it won't work, if it overshoots it, then you'll have to angle the shot in the air 3 times.)

11 hours ago, KJRenz said:

DE already monitor everything that happens between accounts. It's noted in the ToS and Privacy policy. 

What i'm saying here is that DE CAN'T know if it's the original user or a friend playing on his account from the original user's computer.

If someone come to your place and play on your account, they have no clue it's someone else who's playing.

Sharing account login information is a bannable offense. Don't do it.

However, if your friend is in the room with you, they can log in and let you control their account to assist them with something; as long as they are present and login credentials have not exchanged hands, you're fine.

17 minutes ago, Taedber said:

A few weeks ago my friend came to my house and told me he could gonon my account and try hydroid. Will that result in a ban?

As Letter13 just said, as long as you don't exchange your account's address / password, it's ok.

So if he's coming to your place and try on your account, no problem.

All this talk about banning is just ridiculous. DE doesn't care what computer you log into your account from, I've run warframe on multiple different computers both at my house and at friend's houses. They don't care, as long as you aren't creating new accounts to cheat RNG by loot sharing then it doesn't matter where you log in at. DE has no way of knowing who is sitting in the chair at the computer. 

On 23/2/2016 at 9:30 PM, Latiac said:

I don't think it's a big problem, The problem only arises when you start using those accounts to get platinum discounts buying and then trading it over to others.

If he requests you to do an alert for him for example because he's ill, you have HIS permission. Things will only get sticky if things go missing from that account.

Pretty much this.

DE and their moderator state that you can get banned for using someone else's account even with his/her permission, but they don't really care about that.

They probably start caring when you try to sell plat discount or using it extensively.

I don't know anyone who got banned for using a friend's account, and it's better that way.

On 2/23/2016 at 0:11 AM, Agent_Pookie said:

DE probably monitors their MMO just as other companies do.

If you log onto your friend's account from any location other than their computer or console, the account may get banned.

This wouldn't make any sense for a few people who have a desktop at home and a laptop for when they're away.

And I have logged into my account from my sister's computer when I went back to visit my family last month and neither she or I have suffered or been sent any notifications about it. I just noticed that I couldn't access the 24-hr alert that was still up and I hadn't done when I was on a different PC.

It should be fine for you to help your friend with an MR test, I guess just steer clear of alerts? As long as nobody's acting against the wishes of another you should be fine. The game itself is online so it's made to be accessed from multiple different locations.

Here is the specific information you are looking for

The Account you create is personal to you and Digital Extremes does not allow the transfer of user Accounts.  You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void.  Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account.

Source: https://warframe.com/terms

This means that DE can ban or even terminate your account when you log into your friends account or your friend in your account. And they mean it because a bit further down in the terms you find this passage:

DIGITAL EXTREMES MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, BLOCK ACCESS TO OR DELETE THE SERVICE OR ANY ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.

19 minutes ago, k0Sh_wf said:

This means that DE can ban or even terminate your account when you log into your friends account or your friend in your account. And they mean it because a bit further down in the terms you find this passage:

This is the official answer to your question.
Unofficially this behavior is only reprehended when used to abuse the game reward systems (login reward, etc) as far as I know. What your are talking about is something common for what I've seen and I've never seen it reprehended.

If I was in the same situation I would totally do it.

On 2/24/2016 at 2:47 AM, k0Sh_wf said:

That part of the EULA is in the context of selling, trading or giving sole custody of an account to another user as far as I can tell. I can't find anywhere in the EULA that accounts cannot be accessed from different locations (with exception of internet cafes) or If I move or as someone pointed out, on a laptop while traveling or visiting friends or family, I don't see how or why they would impose a ban. I do believe they would consider it if there were some type of abuse going on, I wouldn't worry about it as long as it's not abused.

• Like 1