The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's okay for frames to be ugly Because ;

Zenith_Seven

The only thing i find particularly ugly on some frames is how materials that should be clothy looking come out looking like weird wavy plastic (Equinox) but I've never really hated a design they're all unique

Most if not all the deluxe skins do look amazing though IMO and i don't hesitate to buy them when they come out but I don't think it's really good to say it's good for them to be ugly just because at some point they will get a deluxe skin especially considering you have no Idea what it will look like the devs should try just as hard to make the frames default skin as good as the deluxe skin (I get that they're pretty dated by the time the skin comes out but they should still try for them) which they seem to do pretty well at least to me.

39 minutes ago, (PS4) DBR87 said:

From what I seen on the Dev stream, I am not a fan of Oberon's delux skin. Why is he wearing a butterfly skirt?

At this point I an just hoping his Prime looks sexy...

To each his own. I rather like it.

I've never had an issue with looks other than Chroma's Drac helmet which is horrible in my opinion. If you have an issue with the looks of a warframe you can use an alt helmet, skin, or prime/umbra frame.

Chroma and limbo are a pain to colour. I have my chroma white and black, and my limbo white, lime, and yellow. Added some portal armour set to make them look better. But the two of them really need skins. Clicking the randomise button hurts your eyes

Saryn Prime looks didn't do it for me so I am sticking up to the deluxe skin.

Patiently waiting for zephyr D. and now Oberon D. because they looks super cool. 

The grineer can now choke on my leafs as they die.

Banshee D. looks neat, but I cannot unsee the headphones and the vinyl discs as shoulder armor. xD Is she going to be Warframe's Hatsune Miku or wat? :D

looks are the most subjective thing of all. that said, Oberon's skin looks WAY too much like Trinity's Strega, I'd prefer him to have an armoured Paladin/European Knight theme, especially since his trademark weapon is a Mace (Magistar), which were commonly used throughout the middle ages to counter Heavy Armour (blunt trauma being far more effective than a sword against Plate Steel.)

21 hours ago, (PS4) Akuma_Asura_ said:

Deluxe skins ! So if you don't like the way chroma , Oberon , Hydroid, limbo and the new mummy frame there's a second chance . I know I might be getting the mummy one when it comes out 

But all of those frames looks good...

Edited by Neptlude

I think the vast majority of us had the same reaction when we first saw Warframe (the game and the physical entity itself), but the designs grow on you.

And in case anyone is thinking of giving OP a hard time, this is just a genuine statementthey are expressing and not as inflammatory as one may expect. For instance, I recently spent weeks trying to get new players onboard with the game only for one to get to the end of the second dream and ask "UMMMMMM- Is THAT supposed to look realistic?" or "Hmmm... That doesn't look much like {spoiler} to me". My heart was broken that day ._. 

On 2/23/2016 at 10:13 PM, -Amaterasu- said:

The only thing i find particularly ugly on some frames is how materials that should be clothy looking come out looking like weird wavy plastic

None of the Warframes so far are suppose to have the appearance of actual cloth. If it were intended to look like clothing, DE would have made it look similar to the capes in terms of material.

Wanted to echo this:

On 2/23/2016 at 10:20 PM, Kao-Snake said:

Beauty is subjective.

I find hydroid one of the coolest looking warframes and i actuality main equinox(duh) due to its look and play-style. 
It is really nice to see some appreciation for the delux skins, but don't throw off the unique and genius style from warframe artists.

Edited by Noabettiet

1 hour ago, EmptyDevil said:

None of the Warframes so far are suppose to have the appearance of actual cloth. If it were intended to look like clothing, DE would have made it look similar to the capes in terms of material.

I get that it's not supposed to be cloth but when you give something that looks like weird thick plastic cloth physics it just doesn't look right to me

I personally don't think any of the frames are particularly "ugly" as they are.

But no, it is not okay for frames to be ugly if they ever went ahead and made an ugly one. Sub-par content is sub-par content, and that is not okay no matter how many bandaids there are for it.