Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favorite and Least Favorite Forum Memories?

DJ_Redwire

With the recent overhaul to the forums, it's now much easier to go back into one's own posts and topics and and look at all that nonsense we as a collective body shotgunned all over the place like there was no tomorrow. Personally, if I could go back in time and talk to my former self based on my old forum posts I'd probably punch myself in the face. But hey it wasn't all bad, right?

So what are your favorite nostalgic or embarrassing forum posts/topics?

I can safely 50-60% of the forum posts i see around any patch/void trader/nerf/change/fix are the most memorable as they are all toxic as F. It seriously troubling how much complaining people do about stuff which dont directly benefit them example:

- Void trader brings Super OP Golden Egg which boosts stats by 2000%

- Very forum post " void trader never bring new content im a instant gratification player whos played my whole life why dont you ever bring anything that benefits me"

Of course i am joking as DE would patch that egg if it was released which would result in

- OMG it was totally balanced you didn't need to use the egg if you didnt want why do DE break all the fun things #badDE

that sums up these forums when anything is new or changed lol

Edited by Dextral

Favorite memory: When I received a message from a user saying how I had helped make their day better when they feeling gloomy. I still have the message saved.

Worst: When I was accused of holding CP and got specifically targeted by a user.

In all honesty, I love this community. I went from being an awkward newbie, to an argumentative nerd to a S#&$lord.
man i am such a loser.

Edited by TheErebus.

I can't think of an outright "best" moment. I want to say the number of good things is far larger than that of the bad. I've watched the game evolve, users come, express their ideas, rally others to their cause, and excite the community in a great way.

But we have bad times. The Viver Incident, the Draco Incident, controversy over bans splitting the community, U14 splitting the community, the intensity of opinions over what is "OP" and "not OP" leading to outright flame wars, users taking my content to other social media sites such as YouTube, 4Chan, and Reddit so as to ridicule me and/or begin harassment campaigns, the Sumpo Foods acquisition, Warframe Support controversies, the sad times we had to see respected and contributive members leave, so on and so forth.

Most favourite: Officially declaring my retirement from this game/community (stopped playing months ago anyway, stopped posting on the forums much longer), both of which I view negatively at this point, affective now.
Least favourite: The "comm mods", and leave it at that. Although I should note that Devoid had attempted to be a decent person, for my limited experience.

40 minutes ago, -Kyubey- said:

Least favorite is a certain thread being closed.

All because it was

%7Boption%7D

http://i.imgur.com/mnPH0PR.gif

Anyway, can't say I have a favorite other than what Kyubey said. Putting the pics aside, it was a nice thread to visit outside sites dedicated to things like that. Discussing mangos and what not. Didn't really participate much in other threads outside that one since I'm more of a lurker on these forums. 

Least favorites... Hmm... Devoid covered pretty much all my least favorites. Nothing else really comes to mind or is notable since most everything else was pretty minor in comparison to those things. 

1 hour ago, TheErebus. said:

Favorite memory: When I received a message from a user saying how I had helped make their day better when they feeling gloomy. I still have the message saved.

Worst: When I was accused of holding CP and got specifically targeted by a user.

In all honesty, I love this community. I went from being an awkward newbie, to an argumentative nerd to a S#&$lord.
man i am such a loser.

109.gif

JK pls no hate erebish I luv u no homo. Pls start holy crusade against general discussion

Favorite moment: Back in Summer when Sovamorne was still in the Outrageous lie thread and not inactive. 

Worst: Haven't had any really bad moments. Though going into General Discussion or Feedback just makes my eyes bleed. A lot.

This community can be great at time, but it can easily be split into two sides when talking about Draco and Viver. 

The worst and most stupdist thing I saw was the DE vs RevxDev incident. This was incredibly stupid, I just bascailly ignored. It honestly had nothing to do with me, so I didn't really give sh1te about the moment.

Best: when I got a message from someone saying how I helped them with an arguement and how I'm a pillar in the community, man I felt happy since then.

worst: (this literally happened yesterday and continued from today so it's still in affect to me) a certain role player kicked me from 2 rps and a dice room from one of those rps and he had destroyed my roleplaying life and turned it all to dust. Now I literally just stare at ceiling fans and chew pen lids :|

yea I'm suffering from a boredom curse since then as someone destroyed my roleplaying life and won't let me communicate with my fellow rp'ers and friends so I pretty much do nothing every single day.

Best would be Alad V and General Sargas Ruk trash talking eachoter during The Gradivus Dilema
if I'm not mistaken we also had a cameo of Frohd Bek cutting Alads founds, haha! good times.

Worst? consult Ibro156s post.

Best: anytime I see a friend from in game on here wether it's a clanmate or that person I talked too a few times.

Worst: when I said volt has a passive, but I was unable to prove it, and It being late at night(at that time) tried to lie myself out of it

Another worst: when I look at the new GoTL's  and I'm not their, and when I get warning points, I feel like I let them down

Edited by (XB1)Master4733
Second thoughts:P

14 hours ago, Skycook3y said:

109.gif

JK pls no hate erebish I luv u no homo. Pls start holy crusade against general discussion

Favorite moment: Back in Summer when Sovamorne was still in the Outrageous lie thread and not inactive. 

Worst: Haven't had any really bad moments. Though going into General Discussion or Feedback just makes my eyes bleed. A lot.

What's the anime? I'm curious.

Fave: How is booben formed?

and

Discovering the Fanfics in Fanzone, and writing my first pieces there.

Least fave:

Salt threads, after every frigging update. Just have a modicum of patiene damnit.

and

When I got a warning point for the following dad-joke/pun:

"Nice diarrhea, I mean, nice idea!"

Someone found that really offensive. sigh. 

Edited by Evanescent

Best: The lewd conversations we have all over off-topic.
There was one time someone decide it was good idea I mix rakia (moonshine) with malt whiskey. I ended up throwing upvote gifs at -CM-Tiffiny, still wasn't drunk though (I won the bet).

Worst: Eh, don't leave regrets, accept what happens.

1 hour ago, Evanescent said:

What's the anime? I'm curious.

Fave: How is booben formed?

and

Discovering the Fanfics in Fanzone, and writing my first pieces there.

Least fave:

Salt threads, after every frigging update. Just have a modicum of patiene damnit.

and

When I got a warning point for the following dad-joke/pun:

"Nice diarrhea, I mean, nice idea!"

Someone found that really offensive. sigh. 

I got one for calling console players filthy Sandrakers...

Hmmm cant think of anything bad per se, unless its those death to the lotus threads, but even those are meh.

But for best i read from someone else was this:

- someone posted gifs from that horrible place on GD and ask if they were real and made by DE. What followed suit was ppl quoting him and him trying to change his post + other ppl who quoted  him to remove the gif before mods came and banned him. And after while people started posting bird with arms. It was great.

For best thread i ever posted it was either the grate prime or secretly patriotic thread.

Edited by 321agemo