Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros: Tweaks

Liquidushime

He's a fun frame, but I took him into the 3rd sortie mission and realized he can't CC nearly at all. 

1. Pocket Sand -I built for strength, this is just a quick little distraction. Eh, it's okay.)

2. Hungry, Hungry Hippos - This needs an AoE stun and group damage (eating) It was killing level 95 bombards with time, but if I could eat an entire group that'd be wonderful and CC.

-The sand shadows needs to be rumbler comparable (It's waaaaaayyyy too weak.) Also, it should last until it dies

3. Spin to Win - I feel like this is okay for CC, kinda on the slow side (does is give you damage immunity while you're using it? If his 2 was AoE this setup would be far far better, again strength + efficiency was alright

4. Now I eat myself - Besides give health and all that, what does this do? It's suppose to hit enemies after the charge? I didn't have range, so I don't know what this actually does.

I like him a lot, he just needs those little tweaks.  

Also! He should totally be able to link with a friendly and slow down their bleedout (or revive with less health and revive them too)

Edited by Liquidushime

1 gives a larger heal if you do a finisher on a staggered enemy. But I do wish this did some more damage either on cost or dot.

2 should have something more(think maybe do finisher dmg instead) Idk if pulling a group would be good cause it might overshadow Nekros a bit then :\ But it definitely needs to have a longer duration on the sand clone. Feels like when I make the clone he dies after 10 seconds.

3 Feels more like a turn  on for a second turn off right away kinda skill. Kinda doesnt make sense that this is a channeling skill since ones you lift up enemies you have to wait till they hit the ground and stand back up to pull them in again.

4. After you charge 4 you cast on an enemy(hope it doesnt miss) enemies in like 5m of each other also get the stunlock/dot and increase health gained in the area. Also Im pretty sure the dmg type is corrosive since if you cast this on a charger you can see corrosive procs although I dont actually see the corrosive proc outline on the enemy so I think its just a bug

Edited by rawr1254

32 minutes ago, tyrannicaltyrant said:

Don't forget that his 3 will devour anyone you have locked in sand with his second skill. hit a couple with 2 then spin into them for group eating.

Tapping 2 should cc in AE (maybe with diminished/split duration), while holding should work as it does now. Would maker the skill a lot better.

I'll have to disagree with you OP. You built him for Strength. For Crowd control, build for range and keep duration at or above 100%. His 1 will hit a huge area and stun them for a decent amount of time - for 25 energy. As someone else pointed out, doing a finisher on them will return more hp. Also, if you build for range, his third ability will hit farther. Fourth ability, from what I understand, can leap to different targets. Not sure if this is affected by range or not, but it's another DoT that heals you and allies in it's radius.

I think he's rather fine apart from his sand clones not staying alive too long and you have to kill with ability to get them.

Edited by TGKazein

On 3/5/2016 at 8:06 AM, TGKazein said:

I'll have to disagree with you OP. You built him for Strength. For Crowd control, build for range and keep duration at or above 100%. His 1 will hit a huge area and stun them for a decent amount of time - for 25 energy. As someone else pointed out, doing a finisher on them will return more hp. Also, if you build for range, his third ability will hit farther. Fourth ability, from what I understand, can leap to different targets. Not sure if this is affected by range or not, but it's another DoT that heals you and allies in it's radius.

I think he's rather fine apart from his sand clones not staying alive too long and you have to kill with ability to get them.

I just feel like he's taking too long to do things, so I pumped up his power strength to use his three to the max. I spam his 4 and it's great at keeping fire off me because the duration is high enough. Nekros needs a rework, I posted one, we all posted one. Atlas and his rumblers overshadow Nekros all the way besides his 3 and shield of shadows, sadly I can only build for one because I hate giving up all his slots to make him survive. 

Sand clones need a Rumbler style buff if I'm going to be eating someone for a ridiculously long time and sometimes, I even get stuck eating until they die. 5 minutes is a long damn time to eat, invincible or not. The time on the skill is just not worth it for one weak &#! sand clone that fades in seconds. His 2 needs to be AoE so his 3 can put in better work, right now the setup and execution is way too long.

You are not immune to damage while in Sandstorm, but that does mean you can sustain the storm if you have Rage equipped. I use it to do moderate damage to weak units in groups or to get people off a defense pod.

His ultimate gives you up to 100% more armor fully charged. You can then take 25% of that bonus and cast it on an enemy. It needs a target to activate, but it actually shoots in a cone, so if you activate on an enemy in the back of a crowd, the frontward enemies will get hit too. It then spreads if enemies are within a 5m radius, and then they become health regen spots, with more enemies affected meaning more health gained.

I use his 1 a lot to make use of a karyst and covert lethality. With his passive to get health from finisher kills it is a no brainer. I use 2 if I want to emergency eat something in the middle of the crowd. Also, going on the point of taking damage while in Sandstorm, I usually take a few devour targets with me to offset the damage loss.

He's a beast for solo. The only tweaks I suggest is perhaps faster movement in Sandstorm and a more reliable life leech while trying to revive. It doesn't work every well, or at all, at higher levels. Sand clones I don't care for, they are an easy distraction maker; because, really, all summonable minions in the game have a reputation for being meh.

Edited by R34LM

I built him for +50-60 duration and max range with +30ish eff and +50ish str. It's a very balanced build with max range basically. This for me is the best build i've done so far...you actually primarily use 1 but can use it all if you want. With max range and good duration his 1 will blind half a map for a solid 6 seconds or more (think like blind mirage spam but they have to be facing you). Then you can casually walk up to them and melee finisher them for big heals (or to drop big targets) or pick them off one at a time.

The rest of his abilities are pretty good as well, i've been looking at setting up the synergy more such as using 2 on a few targets then using sandstorm to devour and convert them all at once, but so far his 1 alone is very powerful when built right.

I have been considering making this thread for a bit just looks like you beat me to it. I will explain some things so people will now my though process with this post. I will explain the tweeks Inaros needs and what augments would be nice to see.

#1 Desication is the best #1 I have yet to see, in my opinion. Though sadly I really feel it needs to be in his #2 slot not for a new price or anything its just feels like a #2 skill. I often find myself spamming it by accident when trying to spread out my Devour.

#2 Devour this is a neat ability and it combos well with Sandstorm but like many others I think it could use some tweeks. Unlike others I don't feel this needs to be anywhere near comparable to Rumblers. But I would like to see it as Inaros's #1 for comforts sake, and a way to spread it more reliably. 

Either

11 hours ago, deltaheavy said:

>makes a topic about tweaks when he doesn't even know what the abilities do

Yeah, I actually do know. I have him and he's maxed and I have figured out everything he can do. Yep.

10 hours ago, R34LM said:

You are not immune to damage while in Sandstorm, but that does mean you can sustain the storm if you have Rage equipped. I use it to do moderate damage to weak units in groups or to get people off a defense pod.

His ultimate gives you up to 100% more armor fully charged. You can then take 25% of that bonus and cast it on an enemy. It needs a target to activate, but it actually shoots in a cone, so if you activate on an enemy in the back of a crowd, the frontward enemies will get hit too. It then spreads if enemies are within a 5m radius, and then they become health regen spots, with more enemies affected meaning more health gained.

I use his 1 a lot to make use of a karyst and covert lethality. With his passive to get health from finisher kills it is a no brainer. I use 2 if I want to emergency eat something in the middle of the crowd. Also, going on the point of taking damage while in Sandstorm, I usually take a few devour targets with me to offset the damage loss.

He's a beast for solo. The only tweaks I suggest is perhaps faster movement in Sandstorm and a more reliable life leech while trying to revive. It doesn't work every well, or at all, at higher levels. Sand clones I don't care for, they are an easy distraction maker; because, really, all summonable minions in the game have a reputation for being meh.

His 2 needs some AoE treatment or it should spread or something. Single target eating (I really wish the sand clone was far more powerful) is fine because he's invincible, but the second you stop you get murdered by all the crap around you. At least a stun for the duration but you can only target one enemy.

10 hours ago, Coaa said:

I built him for +50-60 duration and max range with +30ish eff and +50ish str. It's a very balanced build with max range basically. This for me is the best build i've done so far...you actually primarily use 1 but can use it all if you want. With max range and good duration his 1 will blind half a map for a solid 6 seconds or more (think like blind mirage spam but they have to be facing you). Then you can casually walk up to them and melee finisher them for big heals (or to drop big targets) or pick them off one at a time.

The rest of his abilities are pretty good as well, i've been looking at setting up the synergy more such as using 2 on a few targets then using sandstorm to devour and convert them all at once, but so far his 1 alone is very powerful when built right.

I wanted to be more of a 4 spammer (since it does actually help out the team and it's CC to the max. I have fairly good duration (184% strength, 100% range, 130% efficiency, and 90% duration. I do carry my Sheev or dark dagger with covert lethality on it too, cause stabby = health.

6 hours ago, Turtlemancer said:

I have been considering making this thread for a bit just looks like you beat me to it. I will explain some things so people will now my though process with this post. I will explain the tweeks Inaros needs and what augments would be nice to see.

#1 Desication is the best #1 I have yet to see, in my opinion. Though sadly I really feel it needs to be in his #2 slot not for a new price or anything its just feels like a #2 skill. I often find myself spamming it by accident when trying to spread out my Devour.

#2 Devour this is a neat ability and it combos well with Sandstorm but like many others I think it could use some tweeks. Unlike others I don't feel this needs to be anywhere near comparable to Rumblers. But I would like to see it as Inaros's #1 for comforts sake, and a way to spread it more reliably. 

Either

Maybe his one could spread his 2 to a group? Use two , spam 1 a couple times (spreads) use 2 to eat faces and make a small sand army or use 3 to CC-eat. Then hit the rest with 4 and go melee (because I like melee.) I want to play Saryn in sorties, but I can't stand being one shotted all day. Inaros is pretty nice against level 100 enemies because he can eat bullets all day.

Edited by Liquidushime

2 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

no cc? umm sandstorm picks them up thats cc and pocket sand blinds them more cc 2 and 4 leave them unable to move even more cc....

I didn't say he didn't have CC, I just want some AoE love and sand clone betterment on his 2. With love to his 2, his 3 becomes far, far better. And I hope they don't band-aid augment their way out >_<

I didnt get a chance to play last night for more testing but i read a post about his 4 spreading much further via power range. If i get time i'll test it tonight with my max range build and see how far the scarabs spread out. If it works how i'm thinking, then range might be one of his best stats.

I'll post results unless someone beats me to it.

8 hours ago, Pyus said:

I really wanted to start an entire new thread about this, so that this suggestion does not get buried. But here it goes; 

• MAKE DEVOUR SCALE WITH MELEE MODS

*drops mic*

Make 1 and 3, if not all scale with melee mods

Slash and shattering impact please

Reason: sand both cuts and corrodes

I wonder how the volt and mag reworks are going. With the way Saryn got hit, I hope they're okay after it. I wonder when Inaros would get a little boost. He's in a good place right now, but he just needs a few little tweaks and he'll be a true beast. He definitely can survive really good, he just needs those little additions.