The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there Counter-Play to Shock Eximus?

Havenless

How do you play around an enemy that steals ALL of your energy with no way to avoid it?

Are we just supposed to accept the fact that we'll never get to use our warframe powers on higher level missions?

Can someone explain to me how this isn't a massive pile of BS? Where's the counter play? Nullifiers now seem like a well designed enemy type when compared to these things.

The counter play is to kill them before they get close and actually pay attention. They aren't an issue if you keep an eye out and keep your distance.

Personally, I'm glad to see that they are working again.

4 minutes ago, Vyrndragon said:

The counter play is to kill them before they get close and actually pay attention. They aren't an issue if you keep an eye out and keep your distance.

^ This. Now you actually have to watch out for them and prioritize them. Sure they might get you by surprise every once in a while, but so does every other eximus. It's better than them doing absolutely nothing and players being able to slaughter them without a care.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Your efficiency should always be 175% or 160% minimum. And flow and primed flow are objectively useless trash outside of being battery carrier in Law of Retribution. 

Losing 100% of energy shouldn't be an issue. With zenurik especially. 

the problem isnt just losing energy, you lose all shields, all energy, get scrambled vision

BUT most importantly you cant get energy for several seconds, thats equal to an instant death for any squishy frame, and any frame 60 mins in

Just now, Silvus-Sol said:

^ This. Now you actually have to watch out for them and prioritize them. Sure they might get you by surprise every once in a while, but so does every other eximus. It's better than them doing absolutely nothing and players being able to slaughter them without a care.

How can people defend such an immensely cheap enemy?

Let's compare a shock eximus to an arson eximus...

Arson: Fire aura that applies a fire resistance buff to nearby enemies. Releases a firewave of fixed damage around the 300's.

Shock: Electricity aura that applies an electricity resistance buff to nearby allies. Sports a 5 meter field in which it will apply a magnetic proc to you, depleting almost all of your shields, draining all energy, disrupting your vision and preventing you to gain any energy for a few seconds.

How is this fair? This is a surefire way to get melee players killed, they can disrupt you around corners before you even have a chance to normally engage them. We've been through this cheap enemy already and I thought they intentionally removed this horrible effect, turns out it was another one of these glorious "fixes" that barely anyone needed/wanted.

Look, I'm all for them having an effect again because during the time when they were "bugged" they did pretty much nothing. But this effect shouldn't be a death sentence that's this easy to apply for a majority of frames. Maybe give them energy draining bullets that drain 5-10 energy per hit? At least this way they wouldn't destroy your life in a split second because they ran around a corner.

8 minutes ago, Havenless said:

This is really easy when they steal your energy through a wall before you can even see them.

That usually doesn't happen unless you (or they) are walking into another room or hallway. Just be cautious around doors and thin walls that could have enemies on the other side (or, really, anywhere you could feasibly be ambushed).

When Shock Eximi first came out (before the bug that disabled the Magnetic proc), you'd often see the aura's visual effect around you before the Magnetic proc hit. That warned the player an enemy was close and told them to move somewhere safe. If that is no longer the case, then I'm all for increasing the radius of the visuals to give a better warning.

6 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

I beginning to tire of people using the "prioritize them" argument.  It's been used for pretty much every new Corpus unit.  I'm but one person.  How am I supposed to prioritize Nullifiers, Scrambas, Sapping Ospreys, Bursas and Shock Eximus all at once?  Individually they are all okay but as soon as two or three from that list come at you it's a different story as each needs to be dealt with quickly and some of them get quite tough at high levels.

1 minute ago, Storchenbein said:

We've been through this cheap enemy already and I thought they intentionally removed this horrible effect, turns out it was another one of these glorious "fixes" that barely anyone needed/wanted.

I thought I remembered reading it as an intentional change!  Guess might not have been going crazy.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Your efficiency should always be 175% or 160% minimum. And flow and primed flow are objectively useless trash outside of being battery carrier in Law of Retribution. 

Hey, great, this isn't poor game design, in fact it's the silly noob players who are at fault for not investing into exactly one Focus tree and build strategy.

17 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

None of the other eximus units puts you in an incredibly vulnerable position just because they happen to stand too close. And it's worse than absolutely anything else.

How are you people fine with this?

6 minutes ago, Storchenbein said:

Look, I'm all for them having an effect again because during the time when they were "bugged" they did pretty much nothing. But this effect shouldn't be a death sentence that's this easy to apply for a majority of frames. Maybe give them energy draining bullets that drain 5-10 energy per hit? At least this way they wouldn't destroy your life in a split second because they ran around a corner.

Stolen energy should be returned (in some amount, not necessarily 100% of it) once either the effect has gone or the shock eximus is killed.

Or instead make it damage you for casting powers within the aura or something instead of just stealing all of your energy.

Point is, whatever they're doing, it should be avoidable.

Edited by Artarrwen

magically applying Magnetic Status was removed (logically too, because Electric Enemies, not Magnetic) previously for good reasons - magically appying a severely debilitating effect often without the Player knowing the Enemy even exists yet.

reimplementing just creates the same problem once again.
if you want debilitating dangers, an Enemy that can idunno, Stagger if it successfully deals it's intended Attack and then Sync Attack (like a Finisher) which applies said Effect or something - because atleast it wouldn't be an automatic Aura.

13 minutes ago, Vyrndragon said:

That warned the player an enemy was close and told them to move somewhere safe.

no, that warned the Player "there's one somewhere on the map". with a couple seconds to figure out where it is relative to you, despite not being able to see it.
and later in Missions, warned them of nothing at all because all you saw was a rainbow ring under your feet because 20% Eximus is a lot of Auras.

Edited by taiiat

7 minutes ago, Artarrwen said:

How are you people fine with this?

Point is, whatever they're doing, it should be avoidable.

I'm fine with it because I don't mind it when enemies are a legitimate threat rather than a mild inconvenience. Having to pay attention and play a bit more conservatively rather than speedrunning and steamrolling, is a good thing IMO.The game has been pretty easy aside from super-scaled enemies for a while and the added difficulty from recent changes is welcome.

And it is avoidable in many situations, kill them at range, and don't get close. There may be times when you have no choice but to take the mag proc, but so be it. Clear out what you can and then go in.

The counterplay is distance.

Sadly this was the original affect these eximus had. I had thought it was removed because it was total BS. Apparently the shock eximus not having an aura of magnetic procc was just a bug though.

33 minutes ago, Vyrndragon said:

And if you play melee? Too bad? If you play melee with a frame that uses Quick Thinking? Too bad x 2?

This is a stupid change that forces players into certain builds even more. I have no clue how DE could possibly think this was a good idea.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

And if you don't want to use Zenurik? And if you want to use Quick Thinking?

18 minutes ago, Storchenbein said:

-Snip-

This change is not bad for around 40 level enemies but above from that. It will be catastrophic. My suggestion is that allow Shock eximus launch lightning bolt that deals about 90% of your shields and make your abilities cost 20% more for duration of shock proc. I think that should be enough good and to make even more tasty. Allow the lightning bolt chain on allies even on other Tenno. This ability shouldn't AT ALL get better as the levels go higher or down. Because I think with these changes. It is REALLY powerful enough to be threatening.

Inaros is actually one of the better frames to counter these guys, since naturally you would run rage on him he just gets it all back just as quickly, you can just run up, kill, and run away and you will have your full energy back in no time.