Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your one shot builds?

Sixty5

We all know that there is no kill like overkill, so when you want to blast something into the middle of next week in one glorious hit, how do you go about it?

Personally I find max power strength limbo a guilty pleasure. Maxed out Crit Opticor along with Rift surge hits like a truck full of atom bombs, it isn't practical, but 7 digit damage numbers are sure fun to look at. 

So how about you?

9 minutes ago, DoctorWild said:

:tongue:Rift surge is cute, but bashee's sonar? Don't like 7 digit numbers, I prefer the negative ones :tongue::tongue:

I actually prefer to run Banshee with an automatic weapon rather than a single shot high damage one. 

I just feel she needs a way of taking out groups of enemies at once, and a bow/sniper isn't cut out for the job. 

I do agree that Banshee can throw out some insane numbers though. Savage Silence with an Ash is also brutal. 

-Vulkar Wraith.

2x 90% Corrosive damage

Lasting Purity

Serration

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Argon Scope 

At first stack of the hit combo, it one shots level 110 gunners. I can't even imagine the damage at a second or third stack.

Apply the same build to the Rubico (swap Lasting Purity for Primed Fast hands, more damage, Shred, etc), and it will perform *roughly* the same.

Oh, or Chroma with...well, most any shotgun. Works the best with Vaykor Hek IMO.

Edited by Magneu

I should probably also add my current favourite

Ivara with Glaive prime

Getting full navigator stacks along with the stealth melee bonus and power throw explosions gets pretty insane

You fly around one shotting most things with silly strong headshots, and then boost into a group of enemies for a.massive aoe explosion. 

The numbers aren't massive 50k - 500k but it's pretty enjoyable to pull off. 

One shot? My melee Excal only knows one hit finishers.

But to stay on topic, I guess I would use Banshee and a Bow (so classic). Of course for her sonar, but also for the sweet and muffled sound of a deadly arrow passing through a knee when everyone is reduced to silence.

2 minutes ago, matto said:

One shot? My melee Excal only knows one hit finishers.

But to stay on topic, I guess I would use Banshee and a Bow (so classic). Of course for her sonar, but also for the sweet and muffled sound of a deadly arrow passing through a knee when everyone is reduced to silence.

Jees dude, that adventurer had a family! 

Lately I've needed a way to deal with the Lvl100 Sorties that require you actively kill enemies that didn't involve Ash's Blade Storm.

I've taken to using a max Power Range Ivara and utilizing her Sleep Arrows for force-crit finishers. It's essentially doing the same damage output practicality as Ash, except it also possesses incredible crowd control purposes. Those lv100 infested defense sorties where there are a hundred Eximii spamming fire waves? Nope. Go to sleep and stay that way.

Max Primed Reach Orthos Prime ensures pristine brutalizing damage without being forced into finisher attack animations all the time. Being able to Cloak/Rez fellow Tenno is a delicious benefit to a non-Arty Bow Ivara. It's been my go-to for a fair while now.

46 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

I actually prefer to run Banshee with an automatic weapon rather than a single shot high damage one. 

I just feel she needs a way of taking out groups of enemies at once, and a bow/sniper isn't cut out for the job. 

I do agree that Banshee can throw out some insane numbers though. Savage Silence with an Ash is also brutal. 

you got to play Rubico the way I play it bro... XD

7 minutes ago, taiiat said:

my choice would normally be Lanka and Sonar.

because tbh, if something doesn't die to that, whatever it is definitely isn't fun to fight, but rather boring.

To be fair, anything that Banshee can't straight up kill is likely immune to damage and cc, and therefore a pain to play against. 

Either that or it has effectively a billion health 

16 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

I am intrigued by your statement, please go on. 

my Rubico build is filled with MAXED : Serration, Split Chamber, Metal Auger, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Corrosive (Infected Clip + Stormbringer) and Cryo Rounds.

this is the way I mod my Rubico and it... survives W80 on T3 Defense without Banshee's Sonar... I still wonder though if I use Banshee at that time then how many digit it will appear since it was already over 6 digit without buffer(e.g sonar, roar, molecular prime, etc).

O-O

33 minutes ago, reverb6 said:

you got to play Rubico the way I play it bro... XD

May I please get a link to your Rubico build :c, I need a sniper rifle but have no idea how and what to use on it..

Edit: I got sniped by your reply

Side note: How many formas?

Edited by Ankoku_no_Hime

3 minutes ago, reverb6 said:

my Rubico build is filled with MAXED : Serration, Split Chamber, Metal Auger, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Corrosive (Infected Clip + Stormbringer) and Cryo Rounds.

this is the way I mod my Rubico and it... survives W80 on T3 Defense without Banshee's Sonar... I still wonder though if I use Banshee at that time then how many digit it will appear since it was already over 6 digit without buffer(e.g sonar, roar, molecular prime, etc).

O-O

Ok, so just a standard build. 

I can see that you'd hit hard, but how well does it deal with crowds or nullifiers? 

Those generally seem to be the bigger issue than killing single units for me. 

Soma prime lets me mow down everything in sight