Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What weapon would you buff?

4 hours ago, Man_In_Suitcase said:

Burston Prime. It's been a long standing favorite of mine and when I mean buff I don't mean a Braton Prime style buff by buffing one stat and reducing another. Just give the Burston p some more crit stats or better reload speed, or clip size and I'd be happy. 

So you wan't to make it into a crit weapon, even though it's niche is status? Its wrong, like trying to make the Staticore into a IPS weapon, it's just... Why?

If anything remove the Impact/puncture damage and add it to slash, add 5% more status. Bam it gets way better at his niche without overdoing things.

A weapon i'd like to see buffed is the Buzlok. It still uses 10 ammo for its mediocre tracing bullet. Staticor gets a massive AOE shot for just 5 ammo!

Even if the tracer was 1 ammo i still wouldn't use it because it's a projectile with only 13 accuracy. I mean what's even the point?

I say buff it's accuracy into the 20's, make the tracer shot only use one ammo and hit-scan.(stil does 0 damage AND won't allert enemies)

Then ad a third mechanic:

For every 5 rounds that hit a tracered enemy it triggers a blast proc that deals some AOE damage. (inspired by the fifth element, which also was the inspiration for the buzlok in the first place)

4 minutes ago, Icpmcp said:

In what way is it unusable ?

I was around when it first came out, and one of our guys who specialized in making weapons beyond OP started ranting (in a good way) about how insane it was with the stats and ammo consumption.  Then they nerfed it to do only a fraction of what it used to do and upped the ammo consumption to where you can only use it for about 60 seconds before running out of ammo.  It's basically the dex furis of secondary lazer based weapons in regards to ammo.  You don't see many people using it now.

Edited by Firefly0037

9 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

I was around when it first came out, and one of our guys who specialized in making weapons beyond OP started ranting (in a good way) about how insane it was with the stats and ammo consumption.  Then they nerfed it to do only a fraction of what it used to do and upped the ammo consumption to where you can only use it for about 60 seconds before running out of ammo.  It's basically the dex furis of secondary lazer based weapons in regards to ammo.  You don't see many people using it now.

That does make sense.

I'm still using it as much as I can.

Looks extremely cool.

Edited by Icpmcp

Just now, Icpmcp said:

That does make sense.

I'm still using always when I can. Looks extremely cool.

oh it's a beautiful weapon aesthetically, and it's worth having just because it looks damn cool... I just hate having to use extra mod slots to throw in mods that try and slow fire rate, which also means losing out on damage output potential, which also means not as much potential for late game, and then using a companion that I don't like using to try and get more ammo.  I'm not one to usually complain about really anything in the game due to the fact that there's always a workaround, but nerfing a weapon like this to the extent that it was is unacceptable.

Akstilleto, the truly forgotten (non-prime) weapon.

I just recently rediscovered this weapon, and put 5 formas into it. Needs a larger magazine size, and a much larger ammo pool. It also needs more damage, and a little more status.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

1 hour ago, BETAOPTICS said:

MK-1 Braton. I miss playing with that gun from the days of early Beta when that thing was a beast!

put 6 forma on it.  it'll take you to nearly an hour in a tier 2 survival.  I can give you a build if you want lol

1 minute ago, Firefly0037 said:

put 6 forma on it.  it'll take you to nearly an hour in a tier 2 survival.  I can give you a build if you want lol

Oh I know, but if you played it back in the day then currently it is nowhere near the beast this weapon was back in the day. But I am an old fart, dreaming the dreams of my young days again. See kids, when we were at your age in the good ol' days...

2 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Oh I know, but if you played it back in the day then currently it is nowhere near the beast this weapon was back in the day. But I am an old fart, dreaming the dreams of my young days again. See kids, when we were at your age in the good ol' days...

oh no, I remember it as well... but then again, it makes sense to be where it's at now, considering it's a starter weapon.

Our grey hair is starting to show.  (realistically speaking, if I had hair... you know... being a cephalon and all...)

Edited by Firefly0037

3 hours ago, Mastikator2 said:

That's a very liberal use of the word amazing. Most weapons that are gimmicky are usually bad or underwhelming for their price tag. The player shouldn't have to choose between "killing" and "fun gimmick".

Except Rakta Cernos, that is an amazing bow.

As a user of Lanka and Vectis (Prime) they last a pretty long time scaling-wise. Especially with their respective zoom buffs.

I'm not a user of Torid, but it's pretty widely used as an AoE DPS weapon so I'm guessing it's pretty amazing.

17 hours ago, Firefly0037 said:

oh no, I remember it as well... but then again, it makes sense to be where it's at now, considering it's a starter weapon.

Our grey hair is starting to show.  (realistically speaking, if I had hair... you know... being a cephalon and all...)

I agree. Still I sometimes wish I would be able to get MR 21 version of the same kind of weapon and I have even requested DE to make such a weapon appropriate for higher MR gameplay. One can always live on hope. <3