Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested noises and Orbiter - NOT U19 [Megathread]

Luvina

2 minutes ago, Siraphine said:

Since we haven't had an update on what's going on with that door in about...probably 2 weeks now? (My perception of time is awful.) I thought it could be fun to toss around theories about the door and what it's going to be. Until about a week ago I'd expected something along the lines of Ordis being killed off, since (due to what I think and HOPE was a bug) he was extremely silent for almost a full week.  He seems to be back to his chatty self again, now, though.

Here's mine:

Cats.

Why? The door is infested. Feral Kavats are found primarily in infested missions. The first feral Kavats we saw in the Inaros questline were infested. We all know that cats are coming soon, so it just makes sense that that's what the door is going to be for. For our new kitty friends.

What do you think is going on with the door? Discuss. I need to talk about this or the wait is going to drive me insane.

Cats? i don't know, maybe.

maybe ordis be infected like jordas :) (this is maddening )

we need to wait for the U19,  although uncertainty is hard.

Just now, Martin_Widow_Maker said:

Cats? i don't know, maybe.

maybe ordis be infected like jordas :) (this is maddening )

we need to wait for the U19,  although uncertainty is hard.

See, that's what I thought at first because he went silent. But then he went back to normal, like nothing ever happened. Maybe he starts becoming infected but we have the opportunity to save him, with the cats eating the infestation thing? I'm not sure.

I think thats the megathread, might be buried, I just used the search option for "infested noises" to find it

And yes, you are probably right about the Kavats lead up. One devstream a while ago DE was talking about Kavats basically feeding on the infested and the Grineer using Kavats to clear infestations off their vessels. Not sure if we will have to wait for U19 to drop or not as there has been a statement that some things (like pet Kavats) being made available before U19

1 minute ago, Siraphine said:

See, that's what I thought at first because he went silent. But then he went back to normal, like nothing ever happened. Maybe he starts becoming infected but we have the opportunity to save him, with the cats eating the infestation thing? I'm not sure.

ordis a part of their communications was able also says that erased memories of the old war,

It's very weird , maybe he are infested more time ago, and we did not know

3 minutes ago, giantconch said:

I think thats the megathread, might be buried, I just used the search option for "infested noises" to find it

And yes, you are probably right about the Kavats lead up. One devstream a while ago DE was talking about Kavats basically feeding on the infested and the Grineer using Kavats to clear infestations off their vessels. Not sure if we will have to wait for U19 to drop or not as there has been a statement that some things (like pet Kavats) being made available before U19

thank you for this

50 minutes ago, giantconch said:

One devstream a while ago DE was talking about Kavats basically feeding on the infested and the Grineer using Kavats to clear infestations off their vessels.

Hold on, hold on, hold on...

So DE saw the Spongebob Squarepant's episode Fungus among us, and gave the idea that space cats ( garry ) eats away infested stuff ( fungus )? Man...

1 hour ago, Gelkor said:

There's a megathread for this, but in general, yeah; I think behind that door is where we store our Warframes, and, ala the Rhino Prime Codex, the infested components of them are beginning to cause an infestation on the ship.  Kavats eat the infestation, so we are going to have to go get a Kavat in order clean/disinfect the Orbiter.

This would be cool. Especially if we could go in there with all our frames on display all Tony Stark/Iron Man 3 style. 

I certainly hope it's not for the Kavats, because I have no intention of getting one, and I certainly don't want infestation on my ship, unless it's somehow a means to building my own techno-organic army of flesh slaves.

It really should not be required to do this to remove the Infestation. As such, my bet is that it's not even our current Warframes, but rather it's the spare Warframes that our Operators had during the Old War. Ordis is damaged, so it's not that far fetched to believe that perhaps certain systems have been left unkempt, and one of those systems may have been the ship's original Warframe storage, which eventually allowed the Warframes to devolve back into the infectious strain of the technocyte and infested part of the ship.

I do also remember that Alad V did eventually gain a cure, so if anything I should be allowed to 'cure' my ship without a Kavat by beating up/dealing with Alad V.

My apologies for being a little off topic, but this is one thing that really bugs me about DE's story telling. Player "the left side of my ship is covered in infestation spores and I can hear growling on the other side. Time to investigate!" DE " You're not allowed to do that until an update that won't be out until long after you've lost interest".

1 hour ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

My apologies for being a little off topic, but this is one thing that really bugs me about DE's story telling. Player "the left side of my ship is covered in infestation spores and I can hear growling on the other side. Time to investigate!" DE " You're not allowed to do that until an update that won't be out until long after you've lost interest".

And you'll wait even longer on Console! Mwahahah! Sorry I couldn't resist. But, seriously, I haven't lost interest. I rather care to see hints like this because it tells me that something is coming. Logging in day after day and not seeing a change is a real bruise to my enjoyment. 

I still remember logging in and seeing the ship change with no way to enter that back door. Then the Second Dream was all the more worth it. Patience Tenno.

Kavats (cats, catbrows, animal companion taking the place of the "pet" slot that slightly resembles a feline).

At least, I think. Since in the lore surrounding Kavats; in the wild they feed off of the infested as their sustenance.

Edited by ViolettaFoxx

55 minutes ago, ViolettaFoxx said:

Kavats (cats, catbrows, animal companion taking the place of the "pet" slot that slightly resembles a feline).

At least, I think. Since in the lore surrounding Kavats; in the wild they feed off of the infested as their sustenance.

That or the Nano Spores are crafting revenge schemes.