The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested noises and Orbiter - NOT U19 [Megathread]

Luvina

1 hour ago, CeePee said:

If you go to the left closed door (coming from Liset) you'll hear some claw sounds/infested sounds. Pretty sure that's a teaser of some sort

For me it doesn't sound Infested. It sounds like you were in the woods where branches are rubbing and you were surrounded by ENT's.

iUdk8cv.jpg

I assume at some point we will be able to see what's on the other side of those 2 doors, though for the life of me i cant figure out what would be in there to 'cause such a sound :/ i saw DE Rebecca replied to a thread about the sound and she just said "OMG" So suss, no trust, much theory, wow 

there's definitely a conspiracy here, underneath my Tinfoil Hat of infinite Logic, I deduce that there is a strong possibility that Lotus doesn't want us looking into Data regarding the Old War. it could simply be her way of trying to protect us, since she has no idea how we will react if we were to relive the tragedies of the Old war, it could drive us insane.

Lotus is withholding information, and we WILL end up getting her to spill it. the truth always comes out in the end.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

there's definitely a conspiracy here, underneath my Tinfoil Hat of infinite Logic, I deduce that there is a strong possibility that Lotus doesn't want us looking into Data regarding the Old War. it could simply be her way of trying to protect us, since she has no idea how we will react if we were to relive the tragedies of the Old war, it could drive us insane.

Lotus is withholding information, and we WILL end up getting her to spill it. the truth always comes out in the end.

Regarding tinfoil things there was a rumor and concept art that Lotus was a spider queen with horrifying lower body - we never saw her "in full" back then - only those transmission window. Back then it was pretty convincing concept. Luckily the second dream revealed some cool stuff and straightened the rumors XD

27 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

This is very interesting. <tinfoil> Maybe it has something to do with Umbra Warframes? I don't know how correct my Infos are, but aren't they said to be the Dark-Counterpart of normal Warframes? So maybe they got to know about the Old War and then turned against the "System"? </tinfoil>

But there are some good points in there. Both Lotus and Ordis seem kind of shady to me. Playing the 2nd Dream somehow made me feel like they were the Evil ones.

6 hours ago, INFERNOpineapple said:

I've completed most quests a couple of times, the Second Dream doesn't really explain anything about "The Old War" Ordis and his lost memories. I read up on all the quests prior to asking so i was sure to make sure i didn't miss anything, and again that doesn't explain the noises in the ship :P Maybe you just read over it so i'll add a TL;DR xD 

The general idea here is:

Spoiler

The Lotus sends you to Cryosleep after the war, to be awakened at a later moment. Cryosleep is designed to make the Tenno forget all the details, since those are too heavy of a burden to handle. Ordis with your own Liset is parked exactly where you left it before hiding into the Earth Orokin Tower you come out of at the Prologue. He most likely sabotages himself for the well being of the Operator, since he knows all about his/her past.

6 hours ago, INFERNOpineapple said:

I've completed most quests a couple of times, the Second Dream doesn't really explain anything about "The Old War" Ordis and his lost memories. I read up on all the quests prior to asking so i was sure to make sure i didn't miss anything, and again that doesn't explain the noises in the ship :P Maybe you just read over it so i'll add a TL;DR xD 

It implies a bit.  Lotus probably had Ordis frag himself thoroughly to limit what information could get into the wrong hands.  How to get to the Reservoir being one of the most obvious ones, which even the Tenno didn't need to know until it was threatened. 

Other things like the location of Orokin era weapons dumps, how to get to Tau, tempting information about Sentients, and the construction secrets of warframes might have all been stored in Ordis's [mainframe?].  Erasing all that removed the threat of groups like the Grineer and Corpus from getting it and using themselves. 

On 3/11/2016 at 6:34 AM, Rush95 said:

I really hope It's related to our Warframes or Operators, it wouldn't make sense for Kavats to get a whole room just to feed themselves on infested, while Kubrows only get a small Incubator lying around. Plus it'd be more interesting if it was something related to our uses of Technocyte in Warframe exoskeletons, or maybe It's some kind of infested tissue that helps the tree channel void energy to the Operator (since It's connected by the branches from the Somatic Link room).

Can the Lotus (DEReb) give us a hint about it?

its probably a little bit of both honestly....and i would imagine it would expand the incubator for both kubrows and kavats if it did expand it at all

On 3/11/2016 at 8:57 AM, (PS4)thinkfasthippie2 said:

anyone considered that this could possibly be the new breeding room/incubator for kavats?

same as above and my bet is that it is or at least related

On 3/11/2016 at 9:24 AM, DoomFruit said:

It's almost certainly cat food. I seem to recall reading that the kavats would eat infested. This room is probably where you keep their dinner.

i said something similar to that about 2 pages ago....glad im not the only one following that thread of thought...but it might actually just be DE throwing us off...

Also after having just returned from an infested ship mission and getting to stand around at extract for a moment....the stretching leather noise that the ship noise is mostly made of is 100% infested growth. not anything mobile like a charger but much closer to the stuff on the walls and floors of the infested corpus ship tileset.

Edited by Caobie

On 3/11/2016 at 3:57 PM, (PS4)thinkfasthippie2 said:

anyone considered that this could possibly be the new breeding room/incubator for kavats?

Possibly, the kavats are used to living in Infested areas. This might probably be a breeding ground for them

Wait doesn't that mean we have to Infested on board? Yes we do

When will it be? Probably, update 19

5 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:
5 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Hide contents

The Lotus sends you to Cryosleep after the war, to be awakened at a later moment. Cryosleep is designed to make the Tenno forget all the details, since those are too heavy of a burden to handle. Ordis with your own Liset is parked exactly where you left it before hiding into the Earth Orokin Tower you come out of at the Prologue. He most likely sabotages himself for the well being of the Operator, since he knows all about his/her past.

I know, again i've played through it, i joined about 2 years ago so i remember seeing it with an Ice Tileset too xD And i checked before making the thread, It's plausible but i really don't want to think whenever this time period is, their not smart enough to make a back of data?  And the Lotus almost seems hostile when talking to Simaris (more than normal) Though after the Second Dream quest when she's speaking to you, she said it will all come back to you, if she's okay with our memories coming back to us, why can't Ordis help fill in some gaps? xD

5 hours ago, CriticalFumble said:

It implies a bit.  Lotus probably had Ordis frag himself thoroughly to limit what information could get into the wrong hands.  How to get to the Reservoir being one of the most obvious ones, which even the Tenno didn't need to know until it was threatened. 

Other things like the location of Orokin era weapons dumps, how to get to Tau, tempting information about Sentients, and the construction secrets of warframes might have all been stored in Ordis's [mainframe?].  Erasing all that removed the threat of groups like the Grineer and Corpus from getting it and using themselves. 

Fair point, but i said in the above comment, surly there would have been some way Ordis could have safe guarded a back up, if he knew where the Reservoir was, he could have hid anything there, such as maybe a backup of his lost data? That way if ever needed it's there no harm done

Stopping the Grineer getting his info makes perfect sense, but then surly the Lotus would know what he's destroyed, it seems a little careless to just up and destroy data, the Lotus has lied to use before understandable, it's more than possible their's something regarding the Old Tenno (that turned on the Orokin) That she's not telling us, because it's better for now to hide it away?

I love conspiracy and will make one of all the things :3 

7 minutes ago, INFERNOpineapple said:

Fair point, but i said in the above comment, surly there would have been some way Ordis could have safe guarded a back up, if he knew where the Reservoir was, he could have hid anything there, such as maybe a backup of his lost data? That way if ever needed it's there no harm done

Problem being this:  For him to create a backup and drop it in the Reservoir to recover later, he'd actually need to remember that he did it and how to get there.  If he was found that information could potentially be extracted.  Then you have the backup data AND the entire Reservoir compromised.  Theoretically, he could set a reminder for himself to tell the Operator how to get it out of the Reservoir "when he wakes up", which would just baffle anyone who found it except for the Lotus and the Operator after getting ejected.  The problem there is that in the situation you were forced to leave in you wouldn't be able to recover much of anything, leaving in the hands of the Grineer and Corpus search and scavenge teams. 

Its a basic principle, if you want something to remain secret, tell as few people as possible and keep as few backups as possible.  This is a fair execution of that principle. 

And as far as I know, the Lotus never directly lies to the player.  She lets you draw conclusions that aren't entirely accurate and doesn't tell you more than you immediately need to know, but doesn't distort things, either.  She certainly knows more than she says, and probably knows everything Ordis forgot, but in the intrest of keeping secrets secret does not share.  It seems more like she's letting the Tenno require their skills before letting them go after stronger enemies (she obviously knows how to get to all the planets in the system, why make us go assassinate bosses before progressing along to other planets?  To let you get stronger).  I'd rather know more, obviously, to be better prepared; but the way its being handled isn't terribly unreasonable. 

There is obviously more going on, but for one DE obviously wants more than one quest out of what they've built, and for another the Lotus isn't exactly motivated to carelessly throw you at things you're not ready to deal with.  It feels odd for people who have been playing and built up a solid arsenal, but the progression will flow better for new players as quests are added. 

1 hour ago, CriticalFumble said:

Problem being this:  For him to create a backup and drop it in the Reservoir to recover later, he'd actually need to remember that he did it and how to get there.  If he was found that information could potentially be extracted.  Then you have the backup data AND the entire Reservoir compromised.  Theoretically, he could set a reminder for himself to tell the Operator how to get it out of the Reservoir "when he wakes up", which would just baffle anyone who found it except for the Lotus and the Operator after getting ejected.  The problem there is that in the situation you were forced to leave in you wouldn't be able to recover much of anything, leaving in the hands of the Grineer and Corpus search and scavenge teams. 

Its a basic principle, if you want something to remain secret, tell as few people as possible and keep as few backups as possible.  This is a fair execution of that principle. 

And as far as I know, the Lotus never directly lies to the player.  She lets you draw conclusions that aren't entirely accurate and doesn't tell you more than you immediately need to know, but doesn't distort things, either.  She certainly knows more than she says, and probably knows everything Ordis forgot, but in the intrest of keeping secrets secret does not share.  It seems more like she's letting the Tenno require their skills before letting them go after stronger enemies (she obviously knows how to get to all the planets in the system, why make us go assassinate bosses before progressing along to other planets?  To let you get stronger).  I'd rather know more, obviously, to be better prepared; but the way its being handled isn't terribly unreasonable. 

There is obviously more going on, but for one DE obviously wants more than one quest out of what they've built, and for another the Lotus isn't exactly motivated to carelessly throw you at things you're not ready to deal with.  It feels odd for people who have been playing and built up a solid arsenal, but the progression will flow better for new players as quests are added. 

The Reservoir wasn't exactly in danger until all that happened in the Second Dream, Ordis could have backed up his Data, Lotus would surly know and be able to keep wraps on the moon and his Data without worrying about anything, so when the Tenno are ready they can retrieve it, i don't think Assassinating Generals of opposing factions is entirely training, seems stupid to 'cause such chaos for training, there is a war going on after all and the factions do need to stay in line.

I'm certain with your last statement, I think the Second Dream might just be a start for quests like that and i sure hope so, all this seems like DE is teasing another quest, in which im assuming we will open another room in the Orbiter but trying to find some ground to connect all the things together, which i can only assume are all linked due to them all appearing all rather around the same time and do hint to something.

It's just my assumption and food for thought, no harm in keeping an open mind imo :) 

What happened so far:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20151002130842

Void Link Severed

Reason foreign carrier detected. Origin unknown. Suspect tracking signal.
Reinitiating dipolar connection on naval carrier.
Bow in standby for sync check and sync.
Motion compensation complete.
Selenic lensing locked.
Somatic control established.
Margulis implantation intact.
EVM status nominal.
War platform awaiting sync.

Initilizing synaptic overlay... Good night, sweet angel.

It says "foreign carrier". Considering the Tenno as a form of "input device" for the Warframes, someone/something probably found a way to hijack the link, block the operator's access and assume control of any Warframe, just as the Sentients did when the Orokin got slaughtered. I'd say that room is our "dressing room", containing all of our Frames, which should just stand/hang/lay there, when not used - buuuut got somehow compromised by the "foreign carrier", whom I'd say is the one who said:

"All is silent and calm. Hushed and empty is the womb of the sky."

I mean, the corresponding quest was called "Stolen Dreams", as in dream = form of controlling a Warframe. We will probably be forced to deal with our overtaken Warframes and after doing so, we'll have to find a way to beef up the security measures of the Somatic Link. And maybe that'll happen by finding a new tissue or ingredient for the surrogate bodies inside the Warframes so that in becomes less susceptible to a hijacking by the Infested hive mind (Remember Mutalist Alad V's remote control collar? - Same stuff!). And maybe maybe the source for that needed material will be an organism that is already able to not only withstand but to devour any influence by the Infested (Right answer is: Kavat). And maybe maybe maybe since we will already be occupied with researching them, we will just tame one in the process.

---

On the other hand, Ordis might be in for some even nastier secret revelations:

"Do not lift the veil. Do not show the door. Do not split the dream."

Edited by Bi22marck

On 3/10/2016 at 6:20 PM, (PS4)Cynicaid said:

That's just the sound of our warframes in their playpens when we are not using them.

*Nova Prime makes infested noises when shes not in use* Keep it down in there nova with all that garbling noises and you other warframes I constructed too! I'm trying to build my weapons in here!

1 minute ago, KenseiOmega said:

it might just be me but the noise seems to be getting louder. I used to have to get right up by the door to hear the noise. Now I can hear it  from 3/4 of the way to the door on the opposite side.

You right! Omg, its spreading! We r doomed! Doomed!