Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested noises and Orbiter - NOT U19 [Megathread]

Luvina

because i dont feel like hunting around for the other thread mentioned, just like to say i heard it too but it was right before the start of a mission i actually thought it was something running in my background....ill have to go check it out and then hunt down the other thread

Edited by Caobie

1 hour ago, Lord-Taco-the-Great said:

-snip-

now that i hear it, it sounds more like....animal noises and stretching leather...but not nearly as gurgle-y or pained as normal infested sounds.

clearly its foreshadowing of the next room....my guess is a better expansion of the breeding stuff for kubrows and (soon) kavats

updated news, one side of our ship/orbitor is making a infested sound fx, so its news that more is to come for our ship/orbitor. 

but that may be for our kubrow/kavat. XD. (but really, im still guessing, as well as the rest of warframes community)

wait a minute....its been said the kavats are eaters of infestation.....and we're hearing infested like sounds. calling it now, the quest for the kavats is going to be something like 'youve got an infestation on your orbiter! Theres an animal you can tame that eats infestation with little to no side effects. Tame one and clean your ship'

10 minutes ago, Caobie said:

wait a minute....its been said the kavats are eaters of infestation.....and we're hearing infested like sounds. calling it now, the quest for the kavats is going to be something like 'youve got an infestation on your orbiter! Theres an animal you can tame that eats infestation with little to no side effects. Tame one and clean your ship'

That makes a lot of sense.
I like this.

6 minutes ago, Nelizar said:

That makes a lot of sense.
I like this.

its just my theory but it popped into my head when i was going to hunt some kavats to listen to their idle sounds to compare to the orbiter sound (spoilers they dont have idle sounds except footsteps...as you would expect of perma-cloaked stealth hunters of infested). besides the fact that they live on the derelict it was mentioned in a devstream that they are eaters of infested or something to that affect. to me it seems 1+1=2 once i remembered that mention. glad at least one person 'agrees' with me XD

unwarrented explanaition! +1 towards 'nobody asked but you said so anyway' stat! sorry bout that i guess 

Edited by Caobie

I used that bug that lets you escape from the liset and got right on the other side of the door, nothing but void once you step of the tiny lip of ground on the other side of the door.  Apparently all this is is the audio source for that room for now.

5 hours ago, Caobie said:

That makes sense. Kind of disappointing if it turns out that way though.

Here my little theory from a past thread about the Second Dream :P

First before I talk about what are Infestation. I need to explain what are the technocyte virus and how they work. The infested are failed weapon used by Orikin during the Sentient war. This was ineffective against the Sentients as they are machinery drones. This caused the technocyte virus to backfire on the Orikin. This caused them to be affected virus and become part of the Infested. Now, we know were the virus originated and what they were meant for, we can move on.

In the present of game. The Infested is introduced in the Once Awake quest. During this time the infested quickly take control of Grineer and Curpose units, and turning them into infested units. Before I get more deeper in, we need to like at a quote:

"Individual are violent and animistic, yet the larger whole exhibits signs of coordination" - Infestation, Warframe Lore Page

This shows that Infested are able to communicate with each other. The way they communicate using telepathy (keep on reading to know why), this can be seen when fighting bosses like Lephantis and Phorid. This can also explain how well they work together to dominate their opposition, as they quickly taking over enemies and ships.

Now, we know how the Infested are able to work together. I can explain about Rhino Prime Codex. During this time. As the Infested-Rhino was killing and devouring everything in sight. As the quote explains it:

"The beast squats down, shoveling a heap of gore into his mouth" - Rhino Prime, Codex

"Fibrous Technocyte tumor. Handle with caution" - Nano Spores, Material

This shows that this Rhino acts violently and animistic from the infested, as state in the warframe's lore page. This can be enhanced as all Warframes are built using Nano Spores and. This shows that all Warframes are built using infested tissue. Which makes them part of the Infested Hive-mind, as it can explain why it can explain Infested bosses are to talk to us:

"Why do you destroy us? We are your flesh?" - Lephantis, Assassination Mission

"Revoke the frailties of flesh. Let us in!" - Phorid, Assassination Mission

This supports what I say about the Warframes being part Infested. Again, this can be backed up even more from what Margulis said during the Second Dream quest.

"This will stop the voices from taking over. You will have to dream my angels" - Margulis, Second Dream Quest.

This shows that the Infested are able to communicate using telepathy, even penetrating the Operators minds as well. From what Margulis said shows that Warframes are able to listen to the Infestation talking. It could be possible to talk back to the infested as they are able to take over AI enemies, like Moas and etc. Showing some intelligence among the Infested hive.

This is all I could managed to put together, as the Warframes are made of Infested DNA. So its possible that the Warframes have intelligence themselves, but being suppressed by the Tenno control over them. Not allowing them show their consciousness, until monetarily during the end of Second Dream quest. By not having Tenno suppress the Warframes consciousness, they can not join the Infested Hive-mind.

Now we got that dam door making Infested noise -.-

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/42hlug/spoilertheory_what_are_the_warframes/

Edited by Ibro156

I really hope It's related to our Warframes or Operators, it wouldn't make sense for Kavats to get a whole room just to feed themselves on infested, while Kubrows only get a small Incubator lying around. Plus it'd be more interesting if it was something related to our uses of Technocyte in Warframe exoskeletons, or maybe It's some kind of infested tissue that helps the tree channel void energy to the Operator (since It's connected by the branches from the Somatic Link room).

Can the Lotus (DEReb) give us a hint about it?

Just now, BabyKurama said:

How did u get out gtom th orbiter?

I just opened the front glass. This thing was too scary.

Just an old texture bug, there's a way to get outside the ship around your navigation console, but I won't say more about it :)

1 hour ago, Ibro156 said:

Here my little theory from a past thread about the Second Dream :P

First before I talk about what are Infestation. I need to explain what are the technocyte virus and how they work. The infested are failed weapon used by Orikin during the Sentient war. This was ineffective against the Sentients as they are machinery drones. This caused the technocyte virus to backfire on the Orikin. This caused them to be affected virus and become part of the Infested. Now, we know were the virus originated and what they were meant for, we can move on.

In the present of game. The Infested is introduced in the Once Awake quest. During this time the infested quickly take control of Grineer and Curpose units, and turning them into infested units. Before I get more deeper in, we need to like at a quote:

"Individual are violent and animistic, yet the larger whole exhibits signs of coordination" - Infestation, Warframe Lore Page

This shows that Infested are able to communicate with each other. The way they communicate using telepathy (keep on reading to know why), this can be seen when fighting bosses like Lephantis and Phorid. This can also explain how well they work together to dominate their opposition, as they quickly taking over enemies and ships.

Now, we know how the Infested are able to work together. I can explain about Rhino Prime Codex. During this time. As the Infested-Rhino was killing and devouring everything in sight. As the quote explains it:

"The beast squats down, shoveling a heap of gore into his mouth" - Rhino Prime, Codex

"Fibrous Technocyte tumor. Handle with caution" - Nano Spores, Material

This shows that this Rhino acts violently and animistic from the infested, as state in the warframe's lore page. This can be enhanced as all Warframes are built using Nano Spores and. This shows that all Warframes are built using infested tissue. Which makes them part of the Infested Hive-mind, as it can explain why it can explain Infested bosses are to talk to us:

"Why do you destroy us? We are your flesh?" - Lephantis, Assassination Mission

"Revoke the frailties of flesh. Let us in!" - Phorid, Assassination Mission

This supports what I say about the Warframes being part Infested. Again, this can be backed up even more from what Margulis said during the Second Dream quest.

"This will stop the voices from taking over. You will have to dream my angels" - Margulis, Second Dream Quest.

This shows that the Infested are able to communicate using telepathy, even penetrating the Operators minds as well. From what Margulis said shows that Warframes are able to listen to the Infestation talking. It could be possible to talk back to the infested as they are able to take over AI enemies, like Moas and etc. Showing some intelligence among the Infested hive.

This is all I could managed to put together, as the Warframes are made of Infested DNA. So its possible that the Warframes have intelligence themselves, but being suppressed by the Tenno control over them. Not allowing them show their consciousness, until monetarily during the end of Second Dream quest. By not having Tenno suppress the Warframes consciousness, they can not join the Infested Hive-mind.

Now we got that dam door making Infested noise -.-

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/42hlug/spoilertheory_what_are_the_warframes/

Most edit ur spelling on 2 of the names:
Orikin -> Orokin

Curpose -> Corpus