The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino is,,,,,,,.slow

dodorichard

Question

2 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Bruh, do you even Bullet-Jump?

i have to admit I am not very good at it, but I do but need to get better at it. 

Wish there was a place I could practice these skills, always feel bad when I am the last one to show up at a party.

1 minute ago, dodorichard said:

i have to admit I am not very good at it, but I do but need to get better at it. 

Wish there was a place I could practice these skills, always feel bad when I am the last one to show up at a party.

You could start up some low-level missions solo, practice there. Would also give you a good idea of how to work with the tileset, which is a big part of the parkour thing. Gotta know the terrain.

I am slow on nearly all my frames, mostly because I like to loot lockers and break containers, if I get left behind, frak'em, they can wait.  Rhino is intended to be slow, which is ironic because his stomps bend time, or is it symmetry? 

Yes Rhino is slow, and he is still a desireable member of most teams if built correctly, make them wait, you are worth it.

33 minutes ago, dodorichard said:

I love my tanky Rhino Prime but man it moves like a drunk sloth. Keep being left behind by my teammates.

Partially its my fault for being sh*t at parkour but there has to be partly due to his...girth(?)

3C4AB5E8D01180664360017043456_pic-r-1424 You even parkour 2.0???

My Rhino is fairly speedy.  I built him for speed-running Nightmare Alerts and now use him for Sortie Deceptions and Rescues, pretty much any 'get in, get the job done, get out' type mission where I'm more concerned about completion than kills.  I doubt many people use a build like mine...

Spoiler

54qrzKg.jpg

Parkour lets everyone move pretty quickly. you'll still be a bit slower than other Players (as Sprint Speed modulates Parkour speed) but you can move pretty quickly with any Warframe in Parkour.
worst case scenario, use Arcane Vanguard Helmet and Mobilize.

Rhino Charge can also let you cross long, straight distances very quickly.

however don't let people tell you what 'Rhino is supposed to be'. nobody has an answer that isn't just speculation, and Warframes aren't usually built around the generic tropes that dumb things down to the lowest common denominator of Healer/Tank/DPS/Support.

35 minutes ago, SaintLucifer said:

Frost is even slower...you just get used.

Rhino and Frost move at the same speed.

14 minutes ago, TakeoutMoss5 said:

Rhino P runs as fast as loki when you put his arcane helmet on and all the speed mods...

the Helmet on it's own already does that.

30 minutes ago, dodorichard said:

The way I learned to move faster through maps: I'd find any EXTERMINATE node and I'd get rid of all the enemies. I'd then go back to the start and parkour from beginning to end, sprinting, jumping, bullet jumping, wall latching, anything to increase my time/movement. There are quite a few maps, as you can imagine, but with practice, you'll get used to moving quicker. If anything, it'll help you avoid getting shot at as much as you would if you're on the ground.

Just last night, I played as Frost with no speed mod and due to parkouring, was able to keep up with a Nezha, who - in his defense - was moving so fast he kept slamming into walls. As Rhino, I'd have used his Charge ability to clear a straight line as fast as possible.