Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on consoles and non-steam PC warframe Discussion

2 hours ago, KJRenz said:

Nope, not possible.

Content creators would lose profit and any cut gained from such a system.

How exactly would they lose profit? If anything they would see an increase in profit, due to more people buying tennogen skins... People would still have to buy tennogen skins with money, but would be able to resell it to others is what op is saying.

They are buying skins by proxy. Where is the profit? The profit is made with the first purchase! If I go to the store and buy Trading Cards... The store selling Trading Cards made a profit... If I then proceed to trade those Trading Cards to somebody for an Icecream, the store doesn´t lose any profits.

If anything, they gain profis because they want to sell Trading Cards for money only, but some people can only trade Icecream, so you will have people that buy Trading Cards for money, and then trade it to other people for Icecream. Thus increasing the amount of costumers.

Edited by ChronoPhX

It's a trick question...

The creator won't loose profit since you have a purchase before trading. Except in this case :

Player 1 buy Frost skin he likes and wears it for a while. Another cool skin is introduced and Player 1 decides he won't wear the first skin anymore and decide to sell it to Player 2. 2 players get a skin that only 1 player bought. Repeat the process for player 2.

One could say DE will loose profit : because a player could sell an item he bought at max 7€ for 1000 plats. So it would be for some players a way to get plats at a cheaper cost.

Edited by matto

47 minutes ago, matto said:

Player 1 buy Frost skin he likes and wears it for a while. Another cool skin is introduced and Player 1 decides he won't wear the first skin anymore and decide to sell it to Player 2. 2 players get a skin that only 1 player bought. Repeat the process for player 2.

DE can eliminate this possibility if they disable trade on tennogen helmets that have been used/worn already.

3 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Would it work if they changed Tennogen skins in the shop to 10-second one-use trade-able blueprints with negligible crafting cost, and the skins once crafted non-trade-able?

No, because no one would earn any money. Plus Steam needs a cut from it as well as the content creators.

A lot of legal stuff has to be worked out.

3 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I don't see why DE can't buy a batch of skins, say 1,000 at a go, pay the creator's and Steam, and then import the skins to the plat only market.

Seems like a lot to just "fix" it. Very stressful too.

2 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I don't see why DE can't buy a batch of skins, say 1,000 at a go, pay the creator's and Steam, and then import the skins to the plat only market.

DE would be losing money by doing that. for one they'd be the ones paying so they'd lose money from just that. then there are those who don't buy plat at all and trade for everything, that's less plat being purchased to go towards the skins.

2 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

Seems like a lot to just "fix" it. Very stressful too.

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

DE would be losing money by doing that. for one they'd be the ones paying so they'd lose money from just that. then there are those who don't buy plat at all and trade for everything, that's less plat being purchased to go towards the skins.

True.

6 hours ago, ChronoPhX said:

How exactly would they lose profit? If anything they would see an increase in profit, due to more people buying tennogen skins... People would still have to buy tennogen skins with money, but would be able to resell it to others is what op is saying.

...and due to the fluctuation of prices in the market the value of the skins will inevitably drop just like everything else. Tennogen was made with real currency to prevent that from happening because otherwise it would fall under the same issue as Prime Parts being sold for plat. We wouldn't get the same type of quality from the outsourced artists if their work can be traded with plat because they're essentially losing profit from it. It just sounds like the OP is unwittingly trying to take advantage of artists.

Edited by Bro_Z

1 hour ago, Bro_Z said:

...and due to the fluctuation of prices in the market the value of the skins will inevitably drop just like everything else. Tennogen was made with real currency to prevent that from happening because otherwise it would fall under the same issue as Prime Parts being sold for plat. We wouldn't get the same type of quality from the outsourced artists if their work can be traded with plat because they're essentially losing profit from it. It just sounds like the OP is unwittingly trying to take advantage of artists.

No they wouldn´t, I think you are all missunderstanding how this would work. It´s not like prime parts where you would be able to buy them for plat. You would be able to buy them from other players, that bought them for money!

If somebody buys a tennogen skin for say 5$, and sells it for platinum. The people that made the skin would still get the 5$. The 5$ is already going into their pockets. This would actually increase the number of tennogen skins sold, because people would still have to buy them from the steam market! You don´t circumvent the initial purchase, that´s the whole point. I honestly have no idea if it´s even possible to implement such a system, but the base idea is that they wouldn´t be sold for platinum. They would be RESOLD for platinum.

I don´t know why you are linking them to prime parts that can be farmed for free and then sold for platinum, in this scenario you are creating stuff out of nothing so to speak, but the tennogen skins would have to be bought first --> the creators get money, and then resold for platinum.

This would increase the sales of tennogen skins. 

1 minute ago, ChronoPhX said:

No they wouldn´t, I think you are all missunderstanding how this would work. It´s not like prime parts where you would be able to buy them for plat. You would be able to buy them from other players, that bought them for money!

If somebody buys a tennogen skin for say 5$, and sells it for platinum. The people that made the skin would still get the 5$. The 5$ is already going into their pockets. This would actually increase the number of tennogen skins sold, because people would still have to buy them from the steam market! You don´t circumvent the initial purchase, that´s the whole point. I honestly have no idea if it´s even possible to implement such a system, but the base idea is that they wouldn´t be sold for platinum. They would be RESOLD for platinum.

I don´t know why you are linking them to prime parts that can be farmed for free and then sold for platinum, in this scenario you are creating stuff out of nothing so to speak, but the tennogen skins would have to be bought first --> the creators get money, and then resold for platinum.

This would increase the sales of tennogen skins. 

It's hard to understand, but it won't work that way because guess what.

Person A. Doesn't like the skin anymore, sells the skin for plat, Content creators don't get a cut.

3 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

It's hard to understand, but it won't work that way because guess what.

Person A. Doesn't like the skin anymore, sells the skin for plat, Content creators don't get a cut.

This would be "easily" dealt with, by making the purchasable thing in steam a token, which has a onetime use. So you trade the token, not the actual skin.

edit:

Just to have it said. I don´t think a system like this will ever be implemented, since there are a lot of different issues, most likely also legal issues that have to be considered and about that I have no clue how these things work, but at it´s core I don´t think it would be a bad idea.

Edited by ChronoPhX

4 minutes ago, ChronoPhX said:

This would be "easily" dealt with, by making the purchasable thing in steam a token, which has a onetime use. So you trade the token, not the actual skin.

Yea, let's just create more stressful problems. That still doesn't change anything from what I said.

You'll still be buying the token itself and trading it, again, Content creators don't get anything.

Edited by KJRenz

1 minute ago, KJRenz said:

Yea, let's just create more stressful problems. That still doesn't change anything from what I said.

Could you please elaborate how this doesn´t change anything from what you´ve said? Appart from it being a stressful problem?

3 minutes ago, ChronoPhX said:

Could you please elaborate how this doesn´t change anything from what you´ve said? Appart from it being a stressful problem?

Because Content creators miss another person from getting the skin.

Person A. Buys the Token.

Instead of Person B buying the token for themselves and giving more profit for the content creators, trades with Person A.

Content creators gets no cut from it.

The only solution to the Tennogen skins is to be patient for DE to add it to all platforms. Coming up with "loopholes" won't change a thing.

Edited by KJRenz

7 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

Because Content creators miss another person from getting the skin.

Person A. Buys the Token.

Instead of Person B buying the token for themselves and giving more profit for the content creators, trades with Person A.

Content creators gets no cut from it.

The only solution to the Tennogen skins is to be patient for DE to add it to all platforms. Coming up with "loopholes" won't change a thing.

Uhm, no. That´s not how it would work. It´s more along the lines of Person B can´t buy a token the conventional way, so he has Person A buy a token for him with $$ --> creators get money. Then buys the token from Person A for platinum.

Also due to the token being a one time use, if Person A buys a skin for himself, he cant sell that skin anymore, since the token used to unlock the skin has been used.. poof.. gone.. He would have to buy ANOTHER token for Person B.

Edited by ChronoPhX

11 minutes ago, ChronoPhX said:

If somebody buys a tennogen skin for say 5$, and sells it for platinum. The people that made the skin would still get the 5$. The 5$ is already going into their pockets. This would actually increase the number of tennogen skins sold, because people would still have to buy them from the steam market! You don´t circumvent the initial purchase, that´s the whole point.

and what's to stop the skin from being traded over and over after the initial purchase? It'll just circulate in the market and decrease in value like I said.

10 minutes ago, ChronoPhX said:

this sounds esoteric, way too complicated and stressful for anyone to deal with. It's not going to work. In fact, it further proves how unprofitable the system would be if Tennogen skins could be traded at all. The way you're explaining it sounds like such a hassle.