Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on consoles and non-steam PC warframe Discussion

45 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

I see what you mean, I should have said I want Tenogen skins to be able to be Traded and Gifted or just Traded. I never want Tennogen skins to just be able to be gifted not traded because as you pointed out that would likely lead to people being scammed.

Well not even DE owned syandana is tradable so....I don't see how Tennogen's one will become tradable first. 

4 minutes ago, Nijyumensou said:

Well not even DE owned syandana is tradable so....I don't see how Tennogen's one will become tradable first. 

True, but if Tennogen stuff was tradable then non steam players would have some way to get their hands on Tennogen stuff which might increase Tennogen sales.

3 hours ago, RoninJed said:

TennoGen right now is a slap in the face to everyone who's bought platinum for years. If DE won't change this then I'm not going to buy into prime access or purchase anymore platinum. Platinum was suppose to give access to any and all cosmetics...now that is not the case.

Tennogen is outside artists.  Outside artists want cash not platinum.  That's 100% reasonable.

3 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

True, but if Tennogen stuff was tradable then non steam players would have some way to get their hands on Tennogen stuff which might increase Tennogen sales.

In an economy running on platinum, I doubt it would work out well since there is no way to farm it and it will probably cost way over 6 buck worth of pure platinum(no discount) especially when the control of the sale is in the seller's hand. In turn, TennoGen item will become the better option compared to discounted platinum. In a long run, tennogen item will dry up the platinum in the economy. 

Just install the steam version, purchase what you want, then use the normal client. It's what I do. Memory is so cheap these days is not a big deal.

And those complaining about it not being purchased with plat, give me a break. You don't bring coupons to a restaurant and tip off the discounted price. That's inconsiderate as hell. People need to make a living.

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

1 hour ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

Just install the steam version, purchase what you want, then use the normal client. It's what I do. Memory is so cheap these days is not a big deal.

And those complaining about it not being purchased with plat, give me a break. You don't bring coupons to a restaurant and tip off the discounted price. That's inconsiderate as hell. People need to make a living.

no offense but if you intend to use tennogen to make a living, you should re evaluate yourself. 5 dollars or 6 dollars for a helmet is annoying. This game is F2P and the only end game is fashion. No offense but the tennogen  items look  much better than anything I have seen the art team produce. They should have never used steam and done something between player and DE. Adding steam to the mix was a mistake from the get go.

7 minutes ago, -CM-Voltage said:

5 dollars or 6 dollars for a helmet is annoying. This game is F2P and the only end game is fashion. No offense but the tennogen  items look  much better than anything I have seen the art team produce. They should have never used steam and done something between player and DE. Adding steam to the mix was a mistake from the get go.

Think people worked out some of the prices to be equal or close to what you would pay in platinum.

Apart from that, I'd say be grateful. I can't think of other games (I don't play many F2P MMOs etc. so my scope is indeed narrow) where you can get purchasable in-game currency for free and then use that to purchase other goods. To be frank, big deal, you need to fork out on some real cash to get some alternate cosmetics, it's hardly game breaking. It's not as if the WF market cosmetics have completely come to a halt either.

Edited by Naith

Just now, Naith said:

Think people worked out some of the prices to be equal or close to what you would pay in platinum.

I'd say be grateful. I can't think of other games (I don't play many F2P MMOs etc. so my scope is indeed narrow) where you can get purchasable in-game currency for free and then use that to purchase other goods. To be frank, big deal, you need to fork out on some real cash to get some cosmetics, it's hardly game breaking.

yea but even the greediest game (call of duty) charges 1-3 dollars per skin. THAT SAYS SOMETHING.

On 6/19/2016 at 6:03 AM, RoninJed said:

TennoGen right now is a slap in the face to everyone who's bought platinum for years. If DE won't change this then I'm not going to buy into prime access or purchase anymore platinum. Platinum was suppose to give access to any and all cosmetics...now that is not the case.

I don't think simple cosmetics are a 'slap in the face'. Also, where did DE actually say that Platinum will give you access to any and all cosmetics? It seems you're angry at DE for expanding their reach into the creative community because you developed a way of thinking that ended up being false, and that's completely unfair. Threatening to no longer fund the game is doing what exactly? DE understands that the current way of TennoGen Steam content acquirement is not met with satisfaction by much of the playerbase, but saying you'll no longer support the game financially because some cosmetic items that don't change the game in any way have appeared and are partially out of your reach is quite low if you ask me

Edited by LazerSkink

9 minutes ago, -CM-Voltage said:

no offense but if you intend to use tennogen to make a living, you should re evaluate yourself. 5 dollars or 6 dollars for a helmet is annoying. This game is F2P and the only end game is fashion. No offense but the tennogen  items look  much better than anything I have seen the art team produce. They should have never used steam and done something between player and DE. Adding steam to the mix was a mistake from the get go.

5 bucks for a helmet or skin is pretty normal when you think of it. Most helmets in game are priced at 70 plats which is $5.

And Steam is about the only platform where content creator can comfortably share their work, since Valve has been doing it for eleven(?) years now.

Edited by TotallyLagging

6 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

5 bucks for a helmet or skin is pretty normal when you think of it. Most helmets in game are priced at 70 plats which is $5.

Only if you pay the most expensive price.

And if someone is spending real money in the game for a cosmetic item, I doubt they are buying plat at $5 a pop.

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

Only if you pay the most expensive price.

And if someone is spending real money in the game for a cosmetic item, I doubt they are buying plat at $5 a pop.

My point is that 5$ for a piece cosmetic is normal, it's just that we're so used to buying plat with discounts that 5$ helmets or skins seem overpriced.

14 minutes ago, -CM-Voltage said:

yea but even the greediest game (call of duty) charges 1-3 dollars per skin. THAT SAYS SOMETHING.

This isn't CoD and it's an entirely different game (I also imagine there are more expensive cosmetics for other games out there too). Further to that, CoD releases new games every year, WF is still essentially the same game which has frequent updates and it's F2P. If you're going to compare stuff then yes, you're going to get frustrated but that will happen with most things. If you're also going to then complain about how pricey something is and go on about how it doesn't cost platinum, I didn't see you complaining about the platinum price. Again, I'll then point towards my free platinum argument.

Once more, it's hardly gamebreaking and the market isn't lacking platinum cosmetics.

Edited by Naith

7 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

My point is that 5$ for a piece cosmetic is normal, it's just that we're so used to buying plat with discounts that 5$ helmets or skins seem overpriced.

It isn't normal.  It's overpriced.  Considerably overpriced.  I even made a thread about it.

$6 for a helmet or a skin that is only seen on a single warframe and isn't really noticeable because the games are fast paced and usually over in a few minutes is crazy.

I understand the artists have to paid in cash.  I support that.  I understand DE & Steam have to get their cuts.  But as long as the prices are $5 and $6 they won't be getting any of my money.  Drop it to a buck or two and I'll buy lots.

3 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

-that is only seen on a single warframe and isn't really noticeable because the games are fast paced and usually over in a few minutes is crazy.

You can apply this logic to pretty much any cosmetic in game.

Just now, LazerSkink said:

You can apply this logic to pretty much any cosmetic in game.

Exactly.  But the cosmetics in the game can be purchased with plat which can be earned in the game.  Tennogen stuff is purchased with real money.

A very significant distinction.

I just purchased the forest camo bundle for 200+ platinum.  If it was sold for $18 cash I never would have purchased it.

3 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Exactly.  But the cosmetics in the game can be purchased with plat which can be earned in the game.  Tennogen stuff is purchased with real money.

That's not my point. What I'm saying is that can't really be used as an argument because if Warframe is such a fast paced game and cosmetics are hardly noticeable, there's no point in buying any, Plat or TennoGen.

Edited by LazerSkink

42 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

That's not my point. What I'm saying is that can't really be used as an argument because if Warframe is such a fast paced game and cosmetics are hardly noticeable, there's no point in buying any, Plat or TennoGen.

I see your point, but I don't necessarily agree with it.

I don't want to get into a whole cost/price/value discussion, but there is a big difference between spending plat and cash.

• 3 weeks later...