Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on consoles and non-steam PC warframe Discussion

Why not letppl to make cosmetics for free if they want #plat (free=plat)

Ofc If DE team accepts

Lets be real about this so many ppl LOVE this game and perhaps some would give it free for plat 

Problem we are having is ppl with so many plat (we dont have stuff to spend it on anymore)

So if TENNOGEN creators agree to release something for FREE would u allow us to get it for plat ????

Just go AROUND STEAM and put it in game ???

15 minutes ago, TennoPain said:

So if TENNOGEN creators agree to release something for FREE would u allow us to get it for plat ????

Nothing is really stopping anyone from creating something then asking DE to put it in-game, but that would require taking time from the devs to have a meeting between the artists on whether they should add it or not. It's easier on them to have all the content on a single page(workshop) and hold a bi-monthly/monthly meeting for all of them at once.

So wouldnt the best course of action for both partys on xbox/psn send a petition of digital signed signatures to DE to give to both the MS an PSN CEO's it made a difference for mass effect 3s ending when every one made a big fuss over it not being agreeable so wouldnt the same ideal apply to this situation? IF MS/PSN is so concerned with what the players want it'd make sense to just shut up an ignore it for a free to play game that seems to get most of its players from games like destiny an what not

On 2/16/2016 at 8:45 AM, Rorgal_Sina said:

Don't think Microsoft or Sony are interested in such small profits.

On the contrary, Microsoft and Sony are interested in any profit.

8 hours ago, (XB1)LEO THE FALLEN said:

So wouldnt the best course of action for both partys on xbox/psn send a petition of digital signed signatures to DE to give to both the MS an PSN CEO's it made a difference for mass effect 3s ending when every one made a big fuss over it not being agreeable so wouldnt the same ideal apply to this situation? IF MS/PSN is so concerned with what the players want it'd make sense to just shut up an ignore it for a free to play game that seems to get most of its players from games like destiny an what not

Nekros was here.

10 hours ago, (XB1)LEO THE FALLEN said:

Well, you see, the problem is that sending a petition to the CEO of Microsoft or Sony isn't that easy. Besides, since when did a petition ever change anything? And that's assuming they care about a single F2P game on the market.

And the items are distributed through Steam Workshop, which is owned by Valve. They have to make a deal somehow, one that ensures every party got their share ( Sony/MS, Valve, DE and the content creator itself. )

But in the end it's all irrelevant because they've already got a plan on releasing the skins to consoles anyway, with plats even! 

... also this thread's 3 months old, you probably should've checked the latest Devstreams first before necroing an old thread.

Edited by TotallyLagging

On 6/4/2016 at 2:27 PM, (PS4)SlaveSpawn said:

Tennogen can't be sold outside of Steam because they make a profit   & it would break the agreement w DE. 

Personally I feel consoles r getting the shaft. No Excalibur Prime - No Tennogen & updates almost 2 months behind for No real reason. Oh wait we got exclusive Obsidians skins that looks like they **** out in a day ....ugh I'm sorry just been so frustrated w DE from RNG to increased build costs,  the amount of glitches & poor matchmaking :c

Only founders get Excal Prime. Only people getting shafted from that are the founders who tried to switch from PC-PS4.

Tennogen is hosted on the Steam Workshop, so Steam gets a cut. That's hard to work out with a 4-way cut; Steam, PSN/MS, DE, and the creator.

They have to bunch updates up because they pay for each update, so they try to save money. Sony/MS then have to check it to make sure it doesn't brick the console. Then it goes live.

Obsidian skins are nice, they're the few animated skins in the game. This is more personal preference than anything, so i can't say much.

3 minutes ago, Implodingbanana said:

Devs say they would love for all users to have steam workshop tennogen skins, but it's a legal issue they would have to deal with.

someone correct me if im wrong

they're working on that for console players, but it's literally impossible to do for everyone who *doesn't* have steam, as tennogen and the money being generated is specifically through steam.  I don't see that coming for years down the road, if at all.

On 21/10/2015 at 10:17 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

I don't use Steam - how do I get the skins?

We are keeping the content to Steam right now - once we are confident the program is a success, we are exploring other platforms with the content creators. Contracts outside of Steam take time, and we will approach this as quickly as we can once we get a sense of participation in the program.

2 hours ago, Rexlars said:

Hey, been gone for a while. Just wondering if Tennogen is available for all PC players now or if any news has been given on the subject.

PC yes.  Just install Steam, install the steam copy of Warframe, start warframe in steam, log in with your normal name, and buy whatever you want.  Afterwards you can use either steam or the regular warframe program to play the game.  Tennogen stuff will show up in both.

Edited by Troll_Logic

TennoGen right now is a slap in the face to everyone who's bought platinum for years. If DE won't change this then I'm not going to buy into prime access or purchase anymore platinum. Platinum was suppose to give access to any and all cosmetics...now that is not the case.

13 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

TennoGen right now is a slap in the face to everyone who's bought platinum for years. If DE won't change this then I'm not going to buy into prime access or purchase anymore platinum. Platinum was suppose to give access to any and all cosmetics...now that is not the case.

well, DE team didn't develop those item in tennogen. Basically,any artist in steam(he may or may not play warframe) design the item cosmetics then it's up to DE to approve if they can put it on the shelf for sale...
maybe they can remove tennogen since it can't be purchased with :platinum:

Edited by Nijyumensou

54 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

The talented community members were told they'd be payed in actual money for their work. saying that it should be changed to be plat based is a slap to those creators. everyone will lose out if it was a plat thing because of the discounts and plat being tradable meaning the creators get nothing for their work. anything DE made is free to be made plat purchasable, but if it's player made then no go. it would be like me painting your house for you and you trying to pay me in monopoly money. monopoly money doesn't pay bills and neither does plat.

Just now, Nijyumensou said:

You mentioned gifting 

I see what you mean, I should have said I want Tenogen skins to be able to be Traded and Gifted or just Traded. I never want Tennogen skins to just be able to be gifted not traded because as you pointed out that would likely lead to people being scammed.