The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've never seen anyone play Mesa

Sabrewolfe

7 hours ago, Noamuth said:

I'd offer to run with you for a few missions, but I wont be in game for a few weeks. : /

I appreciate it. Myself would have a hard time getting an specific time to play, as I can't play as much as I want. Perhaps on weekends is my only time to actually have the time to even finish those 3 sortie missions...

No worries, and thanks a lot for the offer though.

6 hours ago, Frost0513 said:

Bit late to the party, buuuut...

7d704b5c9f.jpg

And build (all-purpose)

Reveal hidden contents

ed6752580e.jpg

As for my opinion on her abilities:
1. Ballistic Battery: Niche use, usually activate and forget I have it though. Unless I know there's a boss or something like C. Vor coming up.
Visually not really good-looking too. Pretty much the old Rhino Iron Skin problem. Obscures your color palette, doesn't color all parts of the body (attachments not being affected is one thing, but her head isn't either. Looks off.) . The augment isn't worth it currently.
A suggestion could be that it instead amps up an entire magazine (ofc lower boost per shot if a mag is bigger). Put stress on hitting the boosted shot(s) and not compulsively reload or you lose the buff? It might make the augment worth it too for status weapons.

2. Shooting Gallery: Far more useful than heaps of people give it credit for. The fact that it jumps around however is... Iffy at best. Wish it could be somewhat alike to Rhino's Roar. Allies that're in range when it's activated, get it too. As for the augment, tbh it's already quite fine. Not great, but that's partially just because the ability itself is so... Random if not solo.

3. Shatter Shield: Her best ability, hands down. And her augment only improves upon it. And for the record, it makes her out-tank Rhino by a long shot.

4. Peacemaker: It's a turret ability in a game where mobility is a cornerstone to the gameplay. Seems... Strange and not too useful. Giving it the same mechanics as exalted weapons (so mobility and scaling) is tbh the best change this could get. As for the conclave augment, make it halve the effects of moving on the targeting circle? Let it zoom back out if standing still? Many things to still have it improve upon. There are tons of suggestions out there for Peacemaker, and it isn't like what I'm saying is new.

In my honest opinion, Azamagon nailed it with his suggestion.

That's just my 2 cents.

Hey man, thanks! :)

As for the other abilities, they are kind of easy to improve:

1. Ballistic Battery, once unleashed with a shot, could last for X (up to 12?) seconds or Y (up to 6) shots, whichever runs out first. Each shot depletes a percentage of the damagebonus (so the first shot is the strongest). I'd like if they provided punchthrough (but for explosive weapons, better radius, since punchthrough is mostly detrimental to them). Then the augment would be ok I guess? *shrugs*

2. Shooting Gallery, make it so "recasting" it midduration causes it to jump over to the nearest ally (allowing it to jump over to each ally only once. Once each alliy has had it on them, recasting it early would thus end the ability early instead). This would work solo too, causing it to end early upon recasting it, and thus triggering the Muzzle Flash (which honestly should also work on regular expiration btw). More control, more solo-useable augment, win-win I'd say!

3. Shatter Shield, boring but VERY strong. I'd honestly prefer it to be something more interactive (like an aura that MASSIVELY slows down enemy projectiles, and only moderately reduces ranged damage and lightly slows down nearby enemies, which requires her to move around and dodge, instead of allowing her to facetank, which is not very gunslinger-like. It would honestly also be a bit too strong as is if PM became a mobile ability.) Augment could then allow her to facetank (similar to now), upping its damagereducing defences and causing staggers.

4. PM, well, as I suggested :P

18 hours ago, Ocfos said:

Isn't that kind of the point of a timed buff, though? Most frames have this kind of thing, even Loki has his invisibility that he has to recast every now and then. Stack duration, and you won't have that much of an issue with it really - At least I haven't had issues with a 68 second shatter shield.

Right now I have 175% efficiency and I think it's 181% duration. Something like. It's very good, but she can still get wrecked at higher levels.

7 hours ago, Frost0513 said:

Bit late to the party, buuuut...

7d704b5c9f.jpg

And build (all-purpose)

Reveal hidden contents

ed6752580e.jpg

I hope you don't mind me borrowing your build here (;
I'm actually really liking your setup here over mine. Though the only real noticeable difference compared to my build is that my range is at 85% (though I plan to bump it back up to 100% via Cunning Drift(?), or alternatively just an elemental jump mod haha).

But anyways, as far as OP's Topic, I see them here and there lol. I used to play a poop-ton of Mesa (she's still my second most played frame sitting at 15%ish, though Banshee is soon to surpass her for 2nd hehe~), since I absolutely love her 1st and 2nd ability! But it's been a while; I mean hell, I had no idea they changed her 4th for a while now until I picked her up again a month later hahah!

Side note: Zephyr is my most played frame at 21% percent.

Unfortunately, I'm really into gunplay to be honest with you (my first shooter I genuinely like since Lost Planet; i.e. I'm an JRPG kinda guy), so that does have some correlation to why I use her less and less these days.

Though I will say, I use her Noble stance exclusively with just about every female Warfame, due to her unique animations. I swear there are so many that honestly, if you told me it was the default animation, I would believe you haha (See Zephyr's Noble stance for an obvious example .___.).

On 3/23/2016 at 5:50 PM, Ocfos said:

How did they ruin her? All they've really changed about her is removing the ability to kill everything in sight in an instant, which really was extremely overpowered to the degree it practically broke the game.

Okay, I shouldn't have said "ruined".  That was a bit much.  I apologize.  But the fact is, I love game-breakingly overpowered things.  I don't really care about balance, I just care about fun, and I am not well like because of that, and I accept that.  I've always said--Warframe isn't about elite challenge.  It's about feeling powerful and having fun killing things like a maniac.  Moreover, I really don't think anything has ever been actually game-breakingly overpowered.  There's plenty of endgame where everything eventually falls apart.  Try using original, OP Peacemaker in The Law of Retribution.  You'll be a pile of gibs in 2 seconds.  In fact, it wasn't even that useful in T3+.  It was killer in low-mid tier.  Everything in this game has always been specialized in some way like that.  I say bring back original Peacemaker, and original M. Prime while they're at it.  I don't think it ever broke anything.  It was fun.  And even in the hayday of these powerful abilities, it still seemed to me that players used the frames equally.  It wasn't like every other player was a Mesa.  I for one will always be baffled by complaints of things being overpowered.  When something is powerful, I go, "Oh boy!  Goodie!  This is great!  Loot galore!"

But look, I know balance is still important.  You don't have to explain it to me.  I've heard it all many a time.  And I'm aware that by adding a single zero somewhere in the code, (and this goes for almost any game) DE could completely destroy the game.  That's why playing games with cheat codes isn't usually much fun.  But I just never felt like that was a problem in Frame.  I still want my old Peacemaker back.  But Mesa is far from useless.  In fact, she's still one of my most played frames.

Anyway, sorry if I have offended anyone here.  I seem to do that sometimes.  It's not my intention.  I'm just a sourpuss.

On 3/23/2016 at 7:38 PM, Misgenesis said:

Shooting Gallery and Shatter Shield are some of the better abilities in the game. Ballistic Battery and Peacemaker do their job well enough.

Shes far from garbage but needs tweaks.

Shatter Shield is fine for what it does, the problem is it's timed. Make it absorb based like Nezha's Warding Halo or Rhino's Iron Skin. 

Shooting Gallery, is fine. 

Ballistic Battery is trash and should be replaced with something completely different, there were many great suggestion on the forum since Mesa was released. 

Peacemaker didn't need the "nerf" it got, and changing it to something like Ivaras imaginary bow doesn't fit Mesa in my opinion. The power drain needs to be lessened and it should scale with secondaries, maybe increase the time before the focus shrinks too, since right now it's pretty pathetic. 

You should've seen Mesa before they nerfed her peacemaker because she was practically in every squad composition. 

Her abilities aren't bad. There are far worse -cough- Hydroid -cough- .Shooting gallery is great ( wish I could always have it when on a team) and Shatter Shield makes guns useless against her( surprisingly makes her one of the tankiest frames as long as you avoid melee hits). It might just be me, but I tend to forget about her 1st ability.

Peacemaker still has its uses too, but got nerfed too hard sadly. Regardless she is one of the best looking frames imo. 

On 3/23/2016 at 7:02 PM, Sabrewolfe said:

All her abilities are terrible ... honestly ... such a good concept but the execution is so pitiful ... 

I wanted to pair my Dex Sybaris with the Mesa I created long ago and I was about to wipe off the dust gathering on her but then I realised she is a pathetic excuse for everything and anything.

Im playing her all the time, and she is super tanky, and has nice cc, my weapons do the rest. Mesa is one of the better solo-playing frames right now and going with a muzzleflash build and 4 other guys is absolutely satisfying. I suggest that you try out a frame before trashtalking it on the forums.

Yes her 1 doesnt scale at alll and yes peacemaker is a lackluster ultimate, but the other two are in fact sooo good, that the frame is still great for playing.

Edited by CrudShuzKong

Just now, CrudShuzKong said:

Im playing her all the time, and she is super tanky, and has nice cc, my weapons do the rest. Mesa is one of the better solo-playing frames right now and going with a muzzleflash build and 4 other guys is absolutely satisfying. I suggest that you try out a frame before trashtalking it on the forums.

Yes her 1 doesnt scale at alll and yes peacemaker is a lackluster ultimate, but the other two are in fact sooo good, that the frame is still great for playing.

Honestly I think that was just troll-bait. 

6 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Okay, I shouldn't have said "ruined".  That was a bit much.  I apologize.  But the fact is, I love game-breakingly overpowered things.  I don't really care about balance, I just care about fun, and I am not well like because of that, and I accept that.  I've always said--Warframe isn't about elite challenge.  It's about feeling powerful and having fun killing things like a maniac.  Moreover, I really don't think anything has ever been actually game-breakingly overpowered.  There's plenty of endgame where everything eventually falls apart.  Try using original, OP Peacemaker in The Law of Retribution.  You'll be a pile of gibs in 2 seconds.  In fact, it wasn't even that useful in T3+.  It was killer in low-mid tier.  Everything in this game has always been specialized in some way like that.  I say bring back original Peacemaker, and original M. Prime while they're at it.  I don't think it ever broke anything.  It was fun.  And even in the hayday of these powerful abilities, it still seemed to me that players used the frames equally.  It wasn't like every other player was a Mesa.  I for one will always be baffled by complaints of things being overpowered.  When something is powerful, I go, "Oh boy!  Goodie!  This is great!  Loot galore!"

But look, I know balance is still important.  You don't have to explain it to me.  I've heard it all many a time.  And I'm aware that by adding a single zero somewhere in the code, (and this goes for almost any game) DE could completely destroy the game.  That's why playing games with cheat codes isn't usually much fun.  But I just never felt like that was a problem in Frame.  I still want my old Peacemaker back.  But Mesa is far from useless.  In fact, she's still one of my most played frames.

Anyway, sorry if I have offended anyone here.  I seem to do that sometimes.  It's not my intention.  I'm just a sourpuss.

I have to agree that overpowered things are actually what make games like warframe interesting, but i hate it when the overpowered things are also easy to execute. I dont mind having an ability in the game that can decimate enemies, as long as it doesnt do so on its own (old peacemaker, bladestorm). For me skill should be what rewards you with the most op tools in the game and not your choice of frame (of course having the knowledge to build your weapons and frames should not be without impact either, but looking up a build on the internet should not reward you as much as knowing how to apply that knowledge in missions).

6 minutes ago, Maerah said:

Honestly I think that was just troll-bait. 

That doesnt hinder me from dismantling his opinion.

49 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

I have to agree that overpowered things are actually what make games like warframe interesting, but i hate it when the overpowered things are also easy to execute. I dont mind having an ability in the game that can decimate enemies, as long as it doesnt do so on its own (old peacemaker, bladestorm). For me skill should be what rewards you with the most op tools in the game and not your choice of frame (of course having the knowledge to build your weapons and frames should not be without impact either, but looking up a build on the internet should not reward you as much as knowing how to apply that knowledge in missions).

This.  Warframe's power fantasy aspect is much more satisfying and fulfilling when you're doing something that you've perfected and polished over time, and your competence matters. Winning at the loadout screen brings no satisfaction to me.  There has to be something beyond that, and the game needs to support this fundamentally instead of just in player-created edge cases.  

On 23/03/2016 at 1:45 AM, Sabrewolfe said:

Shatter Shield only serves well in low-level missions.

95% damage reduction is nothing at high levels, you'll still get one-shotted.

Shooting gallery is also unreliable.

Let's see...

Highest DR in the game :

Hysteria - straight up invincibility

Blessing - 99%

Elemental Ward ( Cold ) + Vex Armor - 97% through sheer armor, still susceptible to bleed procs

Shatter Shield - 95% only vs. bullet

I can still tank level 130+ Heavy Gunners with ease and Bombard missiles bounce off harmlessly. Not counting the fact that I can pop Shooting Gallery and permastun anything that gets close. And the fact that you're supposed to move around and shoot, not stand around like an idiot.

Oh wait, that's what almost every Peacemaker Mesas do before they changed it.

Edited by TotallyLagging

On 03/23/2016 at 0:26 PM, DERebecca said:

Just a few quick conversational remarks about Mesa, particularly Peacemaker.

As Venomzz0 was points out 'and if Peacemaker scaled off of secondary mods it would be godlike'. I was recently discussing the fact that almost all other Warframe-unique weapon abilities (Exalted Blade, Hysteria, Artemis) scale with underlying weapon-type mods, and now we are prototyping Peacemaker to scale with Secondary Weapon Mods to possibly join the club. So stay tuned if this is a prototype that interests you!

Edit: Also cleaning up this thread a bit. A reminder that constructive remarks are best, and a thank you to those in the thread that worked to salvage constructive discourse.

If you guys do that I will gift a hundred mesas, I kid you not. She is my main and favorite frame, and it I've only been able to keep up in damage due to my finding that arcane strike speeds up peacemaker. Shatter shield is the saving grace of not just mesa but my team from bombards however.

2 hours ago, (PS4)acethefox said:

My clan knows the horrors of my blind justice nikana prime melee mesa mode. Not to be messed with.

Teach me senpai o.o

12 hours ago, hukurokuju5 said:

her abilities are pretty strong.  

however, they are EXTREMELY BORING TO USE.  press for buffs. done. no gameplay

I'd be much more comfortable if such abilities changed to be toggles, recasting buffs doesn't seem very engaging...
But that's me.

Edited by EineSohn
Accidental 'enter'.

12 minutes ago, EineSohn said:

Teach me senpai o.o

I'd be much more comfortable if such abilities changed to be toggles, recasting buffs doesn't seem very engaging...
But that's me.

Speed build on nikana prime with blind justice, with arcane furry(which helps pm too) and having the ability to just know where enemies are at all times. Mesa has taught me the true meaning of the gun kata.

On 3/25/2016 at 11:01 AM, hukurokuju5 said:

her abilities are pretty strong.  

however, they are EXTREMELY BORING TO USE.  press for buffs. done. no gameplay

If you like to have abilities that do stuff immediatly either play something else or try out a minimum duration muzzle flash build. It is very glass cannon though, so you have to play carefully and its better in a group.

On 23.03.2016 at 0:38 AM, Misgenesis said:

Shooting Gallery and Shatter Shield are some of the better abilities in the game. Ballistic Battery and Peacemaker do their job well enough.

Shes far from garbage but needs tweaks.

Shooting gallery is a trash. It doesn't need to be "shared" for all the group. Shatter shield consumes too much energy and duration is bad and it does worse job than nova's ult, equinox peaceful provocation pacify and so on.