Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe turning into dark souls?

Niliam

The shadow stalker, sentient, the bursa, the kavat, all one hit kill, super hard enemies, is this game turning into Dark souls game?

I thought DE put Nightmare missions for people who want a challenge, and they reward greatly when accomplished.

Why is DE be forced by those players who only talks, but rarely do any nightmare mission; to turn this game into Darks Souls series?

And to those players who want challenge, you have the challenging mission you asked for; why do you force everybody on the planet to play the way you want?

And yet, you rarely do any nightmare missions that was requested for you?

Yes, the only difficulty in this game should be nightmare missions. Just regular missions, but with some random modifier that adds very little actual difficulty. Who needs hard enemies? I, for one, want to just blaze through every mission and get everything in the game by hammering shots out of my unformaed Lato to one shot everything in sight. That sounds like literally all of the fun.

3 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Yes, the only difficulty in this game should be nightmare missions. Just regular missions, but with some random modifier that adds very little actual difficulty. Who needs hard enemies? I, for one, want to just blaze through every mission and get everything in the game by hammering shots out of my unformaed Lato to one shot everything in sight. That sounds like literally all of the fun.

Nah man, no shields is really hard

On 3/24/2016 at 7:51 PM, AdunSaveMe said:

Nah man, no shields is really hard

Inaros scoffs at you.
But yeah, for every frame that doesn't have stealth capabilities or health regen in some way, the no shield missions are hell in a handbasket if the alarms go off.

15 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

...What? Is Dark Souls the only game with hard enemies now?

This seems like the perfect thread to start an elitist flamewar though. Bang a gong, we are on!

I'm sure there are other Hard games, but the point is that Dark Souls is absolutely known, heck being a hard game is it's selling point.  That being, it isn't that there aren't any other Hard games, it's that games nowadays want you to beat them within  4 hours, and set the difficulty, hand-holding and pacing as such to the point where most challenge is more artificial then before (HP sponge enemies, ect.) if at all, I mean if it attempts to be more then a Interactive Movie.

Edited by achromos

What? Come on. She has been mentioned in this thread before, but Valkyr will wreck any of the enemies you have mentioned without giving them so much as a fighting chance. You are guaranteed to kill them unless you make a major mistake, and she is by no means the only one who stands a chance. If anything, this game would benefit from a steep increase in difficulty and drop rates on valuable items. There's too much doing menial things with 100% success rate over and over for sporadic good drops. I'd much rather have most everything wreck me if I am careless and be gated by skill and caution than by patience and time.

All in all, very little in this game is truly difficult, it is more a question of having the meta comp mop the floor with debilitated enemies. (I'm looking at you, Nova!)

2 minutes ago, achromos said:

I'm sure there are other Hard games, but the point is that Dark Souls is absolutely known, heck being a hard game is it's selling point. 

Its difficulty is a selling point for people who don't know that it isn't as hardcore as people make it sound.

2 minutes ago, achromos said:

it's that games nowadays want you to beat them within  4 hours, and set the difficulty, hand-holding and pacing as such to the point where most challenge is more artificial then before (HP sponge enemies, ect.) if at all, I mean if it attempts to be more then a Interactive Movie.

Don't do that "games nowadays" crap. It's so wrong. It's as ignorant and annoying as saying "music nowadays is all pop and teenage boys".

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Its difficulty is a selling point for people who don't know that it isn't as hardcore as people make it sound.

Don't do that "games nowadays" crap. It's so wrong. It's as ignorant and annoying as saying "music nowadays is all pop and teenage boys".

Don't dismiss my view out of hand just because of your own bias against the way it is said. The proof is out there, let's take a look at even Game Developers offering free 'god mode' (The Newest Starfox Game) for starters.  When the people making the games have no confidence in their player-base even being able to recognize Hazards, and shoot strait, then you know that there's a problem.  Also, yes.  SoulsBorne games are more if you want to simplify it... Memory games.  Games of "Do this, and you get this result"  and every time you learn not to do something through getting mauled, and retain that, you make the game easier for yourself.

Whatever you're trying to say, just want to point out that your whole complain is actually based on imaginary "people" that you imagined yourself and does not reflect actual players activity. How do you even know those people you're talking about does not play nightmare mission and also begging to DE asking for harder enemies?  You can't just imagine about what other person do and then complain about it as if it's actually what happened.

17 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

Inaros scoffs at you.
But yeah, for every frame that doesn't have stealth capabilities or health regen in some way, the no shield missions are hell in a handbasket if the alarms go off.

Meanwhile I only have 2 frames that have redirection Equipped. the rest is all vitality based. I really do not give a damn about shields. Slash and toxic procs are just going to ruin your day without vitality no matter how high your shields are.

5 minutes ago, achromos said:

Don't dismiss my view out of hand just because of your own bias against the way it is said. The proof is out there, let's take a look at even Game Developers offering free 'god mode' (The Newest Starfox Game) for starters.  When the people making the games have no confidence in their player-base even being able to recognize Hazards, and shoot strait, then you know that there's a problem.  Also, yes.  SoulsBorne games are more if you want to simplify it... Memory games.  Games of "Do this, and you get this result"  and every time you learn not to do something through getting mauled, and retain that, you make the game easier for yourself.

"Some games are like that so all games nowadays are like that"

Cool. I'll leave you to it.

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

"Some games are like that so all games nowadays are like that"

Cool. I'll leave you to it.

I never said ALL games are, and I even admitted to other games being just as "hard" or different.  Question:  Are you trying to troll?  Or did you just Skim and go on the assault because you were #Triggered?

10 minutes ago, achromos said:

You mean like the Konami code? You know, the one that was put into Gradius by the developer because even he thought the game was too hard? Yeah, man, it's just those games now that hand you easymode.

Edited by XRosenkreuz
minor wording tweak

This game? Like Dark Souls?

Hah! Not even close. Believe me. Once you know mechanics of the game and your enemies. They will become child's play and almost routine. Dark Souls enemies are easy to deal with. Adaption to the different situations and awareness of your environment.

There is a saying "United. Even the weakest. Becomes strong"

Carim Knight ready for duty. *Pulls out **stard Sword and a Parrying Dagger*

Edited by Revel72
Wrong item.

55 minutes ago, Niliam said:

The shadow stalker, sentient, the bursa, the kavat, all one hit kill, super hard enemies, is this game turning into Dark souls game?

I thought DE put Nightmare missions for people who want a challenge, and they reward greatly when accomplished.

Why is DE be forced by those players who only talks, but rarely do any nightmare mission; to turn this game into Darks Souls series?

And to those players who want challenge, you have the challenging mission you asked for; why do you force everybody on the planet to play the way you want?

And yet, you rarely do any nightmare missions that was requested for you?

Just so you know, one of the main devs, Scott, is a rabid fan of Dark Souls.  He's been pushing for this direction for a long time.

30 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

I don't think I've ever been killed in one shot by any of the enemies you listed.

Did you try no shield, energy drain nightmare mod fighting couple level 40+ bursas, Combas, Corpus Tech, Scorch, napalm, bombard, blistica, helion?

Nope, don't think so.

Edited by Niliam