Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Snow globe tip for new player

G4d0

After i saw an Mr17 with Frost prime dont know Snow globe health can stack and his globe keep poping in t3 defend so i make this topic and hopefully you guys can use Frost better for the team. 

• Snow globe health stack if you re-cast inside one, maximum combined health is 1000000 
  • Use 1st skill of Frost on the globe to destroy it 
  • Snow globe is invulnerable for 4 sec after cast, absorb the incoming damage and convert to globe health
  • And dont bring tiny globe to t3/ t4 or grineer defend, you need at least rank 5 Overextend mod so your teammate have more room to avoid the rocket blast from Bombard. Rank 5 Stretch mod is not enough. 

Thanks

8 minutes ago, G4d0 said:

After i saw an Mr17 with Frost prime dont know Snow globe health can stack and his globe keep poping in t3 defend so i make this topic and hopefully you guys can use Frost better for the team. 

• Snow globe health stack if you re-cast inside one, maximum combined health is 1000000 
  • Snow globe is invulnerable for 4 sec after cast, absorb the incoming damage and convert to globe health
  • And dont bring tiny globe to t3/ t4 or grineer defend, you need at least rank 5 Overextend mod so your teammate have more room to avoid the rocket blast from Bombard. Rank 5 Stretch mod is not enough. 

Thanks

This is actually really nice to know, thanks.
I don't use Frost often but i always wondered why my bubbles popped faster then others.
The more you know~

Dont overlap globes/place them what is in your mind strategically, it just annoys people with the shot blocks~~

Use max range if you ever go into an infested mission. Your needed for the slow effect not the globes health in that situation.

While his shield is very high, health saves lives shields dont~~~When in doubt go Vitalt

Enemies in your globe? Press 3

48 minutes ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

I tried to stack Snow Globe's HP many times but somehow its not working with me that I end up making multiple globes in a lotus shape as an alternative to stacking in defense missions o.0 is it just me or the stacking arent working anymore?

They do work still. I admittedly also got confused early on since there's no indication of how much life your globe has, it just has a percentage. Early on in missions try using your ability 3 times and you'll notice that the globe doesn't die too easily. When you have a lot of spare energy, stack it again. If you manage to keep it at 80 and over %, you'll notice that at one point the globe doesn't need re-upping as often.

I Wouldn't  use overextended its takes away your power strength  you will need to counter that,snow globe is based on power strength  and i believe  armor._. I only use stretch and the drift mod that gives power range, also try to get the augment  mod that freezes enemies in your globe

Always pop your bubble  if your in another bubble

You can only place 4 bubbles down at a giving time

Dont be that guy that puts up globe right before someone uses there kulstar lol

Dont wonder off with your globe around the defense pod and not protecting it , there will be times when they will break it and attack the pod, if its a high defense or sortie it probably be mission failed

2 hours ago, G4d0 said:

Thanks

Max stretch+ max cunning drift is enough for defending rocket from bombard.

46 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I was told today that if you have the globe augment, you can't stack your globes.

Any truth to this?

Not true, I have chilling globe all the time, 5 stacks of globe is enough to last first 15 waves in T3D.

2 hours ago, no_stripes said:

And don't be that guy who puts his globes above all the points during interception (if not asked to do so).
So many lost points only because I couldn't shoot the buggers off the terminals...

Well interception if you just want to win blind build mirage and watch paint dry ... Collect reward repeat

5 hours ago, G4d0 said:

That is not true. At all.

Believe I have always used just a standard Stretch mod for globes and I've had no real issues or complaints and I'm a person who mainly uses Frost. It always seems to cover the area quite nicely, but not so much that the enemies can quickly rush in and easily damage the mod.

It may be more useful to use R5 Overextend but it is not  a necessity or 'not enough',

Edited by Naith

1 hour ago, Naith said:

Believe I have always used just a standard Stretch mod for globes and I've had no real issues or complaints and I'm a person who mainly uses Frost. It always seems to cover the area quite nicely, but not so much that the enemies can quickly rush in and easily damage the mod.

It may be more useful to use R5 Overextend but it is not  a necessity or 'not enough',

The problem comes for very long defense missions you need around 190% range so when a level 150+ bombard shots The bubble the splash dmg doesnt reach the middle and kill everyone.  I typically go with a maxed overextended and no stretch which is enough to avoid the splash damage.

- get chilling Globe, it's incredibly useful.

- when popping a Globe with freeze, it will also stun and cold Proc enemies that are in the globe.

- don't put globe in front of all the chokepoint, just stick with a single defensive point and replenish when necessary. you should never need more than 2 Globes at a time.

- if groups turn up, don't sow globe them, use Avalanche.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

The problem comes for very long defense missions you need around 190% range so when a level 150+ bombard shots The bubble the splash dmg doesnt reach the middle and kill everyone.  I typically go with a maxed overextended and no stretch which is enough to avoid the splash damage.

Again, I still haven't found it much of a problem and I've rarely if ever used overextended. So I disagree.

Edited by Naith

2 hours ago, Naith said:

You know what isn´t true? Saying that splash damage isn´t a problem with stretch only.

7 minutes ago, VoidNomade said:

You know what isn´t true? Saying that splash damage isn´t a problem with stretch only.

You know what isn't true? Saying it's a necessity.

Try reading my post again before shooting one off as I clearly haven't dismissed using overextended.

57 minutes ago, Naith said:

You know what isn't true? Saying it's a necessity.

Try reading my post again before shooting one off as I clearly haven't dismissed using overextended.

If i´m doing longer t4 def i won´t run with 45% range and i won´t join a frost with 45%. Period.

Well that Frost was probably me. That was a short 20 waves run, so we didn't have any problems. Kinda thanks for advises, though I don't understand why you couldn't tell me all that during mission and had to post here.

One question I have occasionally wondered but not been able to test to my satisfaction with Frost: if I have 3 globes laid out so that they're overlapping (see image below) and stand in the middle and cast another snow globe, how does this affect the 3 existing globes?  Do all 3 globes merge in?  And if not, is there a way to determine which one will?

three-circle-venn-diagram_614929.png