The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to wukong?

TyrannosauRayz

*Raises Hand*

Hi.

My Name is Grayfigure...and I....am a Wukong Player.

You dont see many Wukongs cus there still seems to be a bit of a negative stigma surrounding him.  Its not as bad as it was when he first came out, but every now and then I still get comments about why Im using him, how hes 'useless' or 'Garbage'.

Truth is this:  he's not.

hes another Warframe, like any other.  A bit more surviveable than most, but takes smart slotting/smart playchoices to make him shine......like all the others.

So dont worry, we're still here.  Its just us actual fans now.  :P

1 minute ago, Grayfigure said:

*Raises Hand*

Hi.

My Name is Grayfigure...and I....am a Wukong Player.

You dont see many Wukongs cus there still seems to be a bit of a negative stigma surrounding him.  Its not as bad as it was when he first came out, but every now and then I still get comments about why Im using him, how hes 'useless' or 'Garbage'.

Truth is this:  he's not.

hes another Warframe, like any other.  A bit more surviveable than most, but takes smart slotting/smart playchoices to make him shine......like all the others.

So dont worry, we're still here.  Its just us actual fans now.  :P

Yeah, he's not garbage by any means. But to most he doesn't have much to offer other than survivability as his first is boring and his ult can't realistically use any combos other than his pole pounding.

y

1 minute ago, Insizer said:

Yeah, he's not garbage by any means. But to most he doesn't have much to offer other than survivability as his first is boring and his ult can't realistically use any combos other than his pole pounding.

Your first point is pretty true.  Though I do find that poking flying drones with it is hilarious. :P

Your second point however is not as accurate.  While true, its easier to get his ground pound combo out than any of the others, I find that its worth the effort to learn his attack button hold combo.  The Ground pound tends to send enemy groups flying:  Great for limited crowd control, but pretty bad if youre trying to kill them.  but I find that his Attack button hold combo, which has two strikes, a spin (the important part of the combo) and two dashes at the end of the combo, really sets up a nice propellor blade scenario if, after the second dash, you immediately turn around, dash slide back into the mob and slide attack.  The two spins alone tend to cut the enemy down like Wheat before a Scythe.  and they tend to die faster on higher levels than they do if you knock them away at the end of your ground pound.

Just now, Grayfigure said:

Your first point is pretty true.  Though I do find that poking flying drones with it is hilarious. :P

Your second point however is not as accurate.  While true, its easier to get his ground pound combo out than any of the others, I find that its worth the effort to learn his attack button hold combo.  The Ground pound tends to send enemy groups flying:  Great for limited crowd control, but pretty bad if youre trying to kill them.  but I find that his Attack button hold combo, which has two strikes, a spin (the important part of the combo) and two dashes at the end of the combo, really sets up a nice propellor blade scenario if, after the second dash, you immediately turn around, dash slide back into the mob and slide attack.  The two spins alone tend to cut the enemy down like Wheat before a Scythe.  and they tend to die faster on higher levels than they do if you knock them away at the end of your ground pound.

I can't use any combos aside from the basic and the hold RMB one because the first strike of primal fury happens too quickly. Most of the time I'm stuck smacking the ground like a toddler.

yeah, those first two strikes come VERY quickly, not gonna lie.

I find that if I quickly tap out the first two strikes, and am holding the attack button by the time the second strike is beginning to animate, about 85% of the time, instead of doing the strike that leads into the single ground pound, I'll instead do the spin attack of the second combo.  It does take some work to learn, tis true, and I dont even bother trying to learn the pause combo.

reasons for me not to play it :

- first ability is lame

-second and third ability serving the same purpose (being immortal) even if a bit different in how they work

- the ult's max range is capped pretty low it's not funny :(

- If i wanted to play melee I would go for chroma rhino or exca

- I totally forgot he existed (i'll maybe give it another look :p )

-he's ugly as f*

- for some reason he's a woman

Edited by Trichouette

It's because he is extremely boring. Him and Nezha were only made because of the chinese version of Warframe. Now compare those to other recent frames such as Ivara and Inaros. Both of them have interesting abilities and have celarly had a lot of thought behind them.

10 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

reasons for me not to play it :

- first ability is lame

-second and third ability serving the same purpose (being immortal) even if a bit different in how they work

- the ult's max range is capped pretty low it's not funny :(

- If i wanted to play melee I would go for chroma rhino or exca

-he's ugly as f*

- for some reason he's a woman

hmm.....

1 - not gonna disagree.  If i hadnt found the fun of pool cue'ing drones, I'd never use it.

2 - His third ability is a 'get out of jail free' card.  His second ability is a 'rip the door off the jail cell doors and laugh at the guards as you walk away' card.  While you are Immortal in your third, you cant harm the enemy that way (except for the minor stuns going into and out of the cloud...useful in certain situations though).  Your second allows you to clean up the mob.

3 - Not gonna disagree on that, seeing as orthos can outdistance it with a maxed primed reach in both.  needs to loosen that a little more.

4 - thats kind of a play choice there.

5 - ......you ding Wukong for being ugly, but Mention Chroma right before this..... O_o

6 - .....wut....

Edited by Grayfigure

7 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

It's because he is extremely boring. Him and Nezha were only made because of the chinese version of Warframe. Now compare those to other recent frames such as Ivara and Inaros. Both of them have interesting abilities and have celarly had a lot of thought behind them.

You know, i keep seeing the chinese version of Warframe brought up whenever discussions like this are brought up, and used as a reason why these 'Frames shouldn't exist.

My question is:

Why does it matter that they were made for the Chinese version of the game?

*edited last sentence to more accurately reflect what was being stated.*

Edited by Grayfigure

48 minutes ago, TyrannosauRayz_13th said:

It seems that there are low wukong players.

I can't see wukong users anywhere. hmmm

(srry for my english)

Is because he requires people to do something they never done ...............................................Dodge and think

Wukong is amazing when you do this. Both his 1 and 4 pull from melee mod

1 a mix of banshee sonic boom but with pulling from melee mod

2 is OP.....specially when used correctly you can't die and immunity better then any iron skin I seen

3 is like teleport and radial blind with ivara invi

4 is pretty legitimate is effect might need  buff as I have hard time seeing how much new range it has and also let body count affect it would make this power a whole another level of OP

Edited by Leavith

Just now, Grayfigure said:

You know, i keep seeing the chinese version of Warframe brought up whenever discussions like this are brought up, and used as a reason why these 'Frames shouldn't exist.

My question is:

Why does it matter that they are Chinese made Warframes?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying these frames are useless, just boring.

Because they're made with a specific "them" in mind. A them which becomes too strict.

A few examples.

-Wukong's first ability is as basic as possible, you poke them with your stick, veeery interesting. Sure it fits with the mythological "lore" but it's just so bland.

-Defy: I't quick thinking. They simply gave him an in-built mod.

-His third: Invulnerability, but can't do anything. Basically a bad Invis. (Again, obviously supposed to be related to the nimbus or whatever)

-Primal Fury: Literally the worst "Exalted" weapon to date. The other ones have at least some unique element to them. (Blade waves, vertical-diagonal-horizontal arrow volleys plus quickfire of the first ability)

Now, Nezha isn't quite as bad but still suffers from the same issues.

-His first is somewhat decent. Damage (not new), healing (not new) and a teleport. (Somewhat new)

-Firewalker is the only interesting ability and seems like something Ember should have instead.

-3d = Slightly different Iron Skin.

-4th = Toggle Rhino stomp.

They didn't take any chances or try anything new with these frames. They feel rushed and unfinished.

3 minutes ago, Grayfigure said:

My question is:

Why does it matter that they were made for the Chinese version of the game?

*edited last sentence to more accurately reflect what was being stated.*

I think when people say that what they mean is those frames were made for a different audience. Frames like Wukong are more grinding to deal with. I don't know if that is a Chinese thing or what - but he is too much work to achieve very little. Wukong has no AOE, all he does is melee. That isn't going to work in our game. I don't know how the Chinese version works but in our version it is very important to have some sort of crowd control, and frames that do not have it are placed in the trash bag. Not only does Wukong lack Crowd Control, he also lacks the ability to defeat large numbers of enemies efficiently. TBH, there isn't ONE frame outside of the non-Chinese version that doesn't have some sort of Crowd Control or group kill method. Wukong came out of China and was the first like that and people don't care for it, plain and simple. They bring up China because that is where he comes from - and if he represents the Chinese version of play it is a terrible representation.

I myself have played wukong a bit. He is an excellent frame although my reason for not using him myself is because it makes the game too easy.

Sierously his 2 is a buffed version of pre-nerf QT and Rage combo. Hes invincible pratically. Also considering that hes more geared towards solo play rather than team play. Im sure most people use wukong solo.

But yea, good frame for solo, not as much on teams and he makes the game too easy for me imho

I think the main reason people don't play him is cause they were prehyped over the gifs from the Chinese servers where he could cover a small map with his ult.

As soon as DE said that it wasn't design intent and so far has done NOTHING about it, it was certain that the majority of players would drop him in disappointment.