Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When to start sorties?

RiftwalkSniper

Question

I'm a loki player, using prime fangs atm(Waiting for ceramic dagger so I can use convert lethal 1 shot) I'm decked out in some maxed mods, like constitution, flow, almost narrow minded, etc. I've basically got the best mods I can get until I need to work on getting primed mods. When should you do sorties? All primed mods? What?

I can post a screenshot if it helps you guys get an idea. Thanks!

19 answers to this question

This would be better in Players helping Players section.

That said, it depends solely on you.  Look up some Loki end game builds and search for a few of the current meta weapons (Soma Prime, Tonkor, etc).  When you have those weapons modded, start looking into sorties.  Basically you'll want good survivability from your frame and weapons able to kill level 70-90 enemies with relative ease.

I wouldn't say all primed mods are a requirement for Sorties. I don't have any primed mods and I can run sorties with a group with not too much trouble. In fact I'd say all primed mods are more of a hindrance because many mods that are viewed as required are not available in prime variants. I'd say just run a few Sorties, if you feel like you can do them, great. if not, practice up a little more, put some more Forma into your' gear, etc until you do fell ready.   

Edited by RunningFox

I'm pretty new to the game (just over 50 days) and done a few of the sorties without issue.  Some of the weapon specific ones I don't do because I don't have gear for it and I don't have a frame that can handle the inception missions.  But the few days I've done successfully haven't been bad.  Grab a few friends and try it out for your first time and see how it feels for you and avoid doing a random group initially to take off any pressure if you aren't ready for it.

I'd say that you're ready now, with a Loki.  As long as you can stay invis and provide disarm (or even Irradiating Disarm if you have the Augment) you're viable to the team. 

For me, if you can CC the crap out of things you're viable for Sorties.  If you take a damage build in and don't have the higher tier mods, ranked up of course, then you're just a liability. 

Just whenever you think you have decent mods and can contribute to a team. If you like playing Loki I suggest you building him for disarm for the sorties. Go max range (stretch & overextended) and high efficiency. In game just keep all enemies disarmed for your team. 

You can do them anytime as long as you aren't a boon to your party. Loki is good at dishing out good damage and has one of the better / best cc abilities in the game with his syndicate augment on. Pick up irridating disarm, max it, put max range and decent duration on. Your role in groups is to keep enemies disarmed and fighting each other first, killing second. You are also a really good rez-bot because of stealth too.

Sure you can do good damage, but your primary role as loki is to keep 4 up.

You can have a pretty cheap disarm set up or invisibility set up on loki or loki prime by mr 5 or 6. Depending on how lucky you get with your mods. But you can start doing sorties whenever. You don't need to do damage as long as you can support properly. 

Ideally you'd want to have at least a potatoed warframe with the basic mods like flow,streamline,intensify and then feeling expertise, and other corrupted mods you get your hands on. You don't need to max out r10 mods right off the bat, so a r6/r7 on vitality or your main dmg mods should work for sortie missions 1 and 2. 

But don't be afraid to get carried and utilize your frame to its fullest potential. I personally ran ash and rhino until mr14 and was doing everything possible at that time(no sorties when I was that mr).  

Seems that nobody mentioned that other than good mods and being able to survive, make sure that you have at least one primary weapon of each type ( one bow, shotgun and sniper ) since there are some missions in sorties that require to bring them.

I started doing sorties around MR5. By then I'd had a decently built survival frame, but I wasn't useful for a whole lot else. I had good friends from outside the game playing with me, so they didn't mind my uselessness as much. So long as I didn't die constantly and hold them back, they were happy to bring me along.

I'd say, as soon as you are able to survive and deal an okay amount of damage. Like, enough to where if you somehow end up with a few enemies by yourself, you can kill them without much trouble. Just make sure you have enough gear and understanding to handle the different mission types and conditions and you should be fine.

Sorties rely on mission availability and adaptation.

Try sorties after clearing the starchart. Also try solo in pluto or ceres missions or alerts, that way you will learn to depend on yourself and you will know mission objectives.

Once you have the gameplay and the knowledge, try sorties, read mission objective (faction, lvl, tileset), read mission condition and adapt accordingly. I know some players like to sit confortably on a particular group of weapons, warframes and abilities, you need to try and adapt to certain playstyles that are less efficient, but necessary for a good mission run.

As long as you can contribute to the team in some way, then you are ready for sorties.  You don't need to score the most kills and you can contribute in other ways, like crowd control, help with turning on life support at the appropriate time, defend target, revive teammates, etc.  As a Loki, you should focus on disarming enemies because it's a very powerful crowd control power and cc is essential for high level missions.  Don't worry about having primed mods or a bunch of corrupted or nightmare mods.  As long as you have well leveled essential mods, you should be fine.  Stay close to your teammates and try to stay alive.  If you have trouble doing spy missions, let other more competent players to do them.  Just try your best.  If you find you are deficient in certain mission type or you find weakness in your builds/game play, fix them or practice outside of sortie so you will be even better the next time.

This is general rule of thumb - when you are over MR10, have most of essential team frames ready with working, proper builds (if you don't know what team frames are - you are not ready). When you have CP formaed on most of your tough duty frames or at least way to squeeze it in anyways. When you have weapons strong enough  to actually kill lvl 100 h. gunner in reasonable time(2-3 formas in at least one strong weapon with good build will do). 

When you can do void missions up to T4 - 40mins /40 waves without problems.

When you can solve most of spy missions solo with no problems. 

When you die rarely and can parkour properly.

Primed mods are not necessary, corrupted mods usually are.

When you know your job in team and play not like rambo but as team player. Lategame is not only about how much you can kill but how well you function as part of team. 

Simple answer.. There's no right time to start doing the Sortie Missions.. You do them whenever YOU want to! Either with Friends or Alone! 

Yes you should be able to Hack (without ciphers) and Hold your own in the missions because they are difficult when you try to run solo but until you've gotten your practice just run with friends! 

If you're a low MR and say you haven't built a Sniper Rifle and one of the 3 sortie missions requires that... you either need to build one and go try your luck or you miss out on it! No big deal.. It changes daily! You'll have multiple opportunities to run it! 

If you want to start running them and getting the rewards I suggest making friends in the game that aren't worried about your MR and want to run with you.. they can take you with the squad and you can learn what needs to be done and see how hard it can be.. you gauge from there when you're able to attempt it alone!