Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Prime Time #114!

[DE]Megan

Thanks for tuning in! We eagerly await to see you recreate our 'The Floor is Lava' challenge- please post your videos in this thread.

Don't miss out on attending TennoCon!!!! : https://warframe.com/tennocon/ 

Platinum Winners (Platinum: Please wait 24 hours before contacting Support about where your Platinum is)

Spoiler

xindaya
teamunnn
shooheys
elexirel

Fan Art Recap

Megan's Fan Art Favourite

Spoiler

Megan: Berious' Stalker

kW1vJB7.jpg

A Full Warframe House Winners
http://imgur.com/gallery/caHby/new 

Fan Concept of the Week

4ever4gotin's New Syndicate Followers/Death Squad

bcbpdi0.png 

We want YOU (if you want to) to send us your Warframe Fan Art/creations so we can display it at TennoCon 2016! P.O Box: Digital Extremes PO Box 23027, Galleria RO, London, Ontario ,N6A5N9

See you next week at PAX East!!!

Would it be possible to get a written up specific rule/guideline thing for the contest? I've attempted it like a million times already but have aborted about 3/4 of million times because I wasn't 100% sure if I disqualified myself or not... Please, I'm begging you guys. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_lava_(game)

"Hot lava (or the floor is lava or Pirates) is a game, usually played by children, in which the players imagine that the floor or ground is made of lava (or any other lethal substance, such as acid or quicksand), and thus avoid touching the ground lest they get burned or otherwise injured. The players stay off of the floor by standing on furniture or the room's architecture. The players generally may not remain still, and are required to move from one piece of furniture to the next. The game can be played with a group or alone for self amusement. There may even be a goal, to which the players must race. The game may also be played outdoors in playgrounds or similar areas. Players can also set up obstacles to make the game more challenging. This is a variation of an obstacle course."

I feel that by saying "if you enter into the 'standing animation' or a 'heavy landing animation,' you fail" DE has misrepresented the 'Floor Is Lava' game.

Whilst these rules may be acceptable to someone using Ivara, anyone using Wukong, Loki, Nezha, Nova or any other frame needs to be able to stand on surfaces to kill and use their abilities.

It's unreasonable to say that people need to be attached to a wall the entire time to play the Floor Is Lava. I know for sure those rules never existed when I was playing this as a kid.

Take it or leave it, this video is my interpretation of The Floor Is Lava challenge! <3

Edited by Voidforged

12 hours ago, Kinzuko said:

solo floor is lava submission in a t1 exterminate

looks like this is the first submission :D

Nice job!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_lava_(game)

"Hot lava (or the floor is lava or Pirates) is a game, usually played by children, in which the players imagine that the floor or ground is made of lava (or any other lethal substance, such as acid or quicksand), and thus avoid touching the ground lest they get burned or otherwise injured. The players stay off of the floor by standing on furniture or the room's architecture. The players generally may not remain still, and are required to move from one piece of furniture to the next. The game can be played with a group or alone for self amusement. There may even be a goal, to which the players must race. The game may also be played outdoors in playgrounds or similar areas. Players can also set up obstacles to make the game more challenging. This is a variation of an obstacle course."

I feel that by saying "if you enter into the 'standing animation' or a 'heavy landing animation,' you fail" DE has misrepresented the 'Floor Is Lava' game.

Whilst these rules may be acceptable to someone using Ivara, anyone using Wukong, Loki, Nezha, Nova or any other frame needs to be able to stand on surfaces to kill and use their abilities.

It's unreasonable to say that people need to be attached to a wall the entire time to play the Floor Is Lava. I know for sure those rules never existed when I played this as a kid.

Take it or leave it, these videos are my interpretation of The Floor Is Lava challenge! <3

These challenges are a fantastic idea, will definitely help with burnout.

Edited by Voidforged

The Floor is Lava - Warframe Rules

1. Don't touch the ground.
  2. Don't perform a 'Standing Animation' or 'Heavy Landing Animation".
  3. Must be done in any Void Extermination tileset.
  4. Elevators are "safe zones".

I will add more rules here if needed, thanks and goodluck!

The Floor Is Lava Challenge (PC)

-Solo
-Wukong
-Synoid Simulor

vvv Don't read spoiler if u don't want to know how i did it vvv

Spoiler

Builds ideas

-Wukong
Max dur/eff for Cloud Walker
Aim glide mod for more in-air time

-Synoid Simulor
Fire rate, Multishot, Reload speed, Magazine size (for the laziness)

Don't worry about energy, Suda buff will get u more than enough

It's fun!!
i hope there will be more this kind of Challenge :)

10 hours ago, Voidforged said:

Take it or leave it, these videos are my interpretation of The Floor Is Lava challenge! <3

I tried to get them to acknowledge in stream that so long as you do not touch the 'floor' everything else was considered 'safe' but its pretty impossible to get their attention in chat, lol.  But yes I agree with your take on it.  So long as you land on the benches and other obstacles (along with wall running/latching) I'd say you succeeded in the challenge.

The "No standing animation" rule is really not great when you can randomly end up standing on little wall decorations, door frames, etc.

Trying a run with anything that isnt Wukong and Ivara is pretty much imposible because of it.

7 hours ago, Xekrin said:

I tried to get them to acknowledge in stream that so long as you do not touch the 'floor' everything else was considered 'safe' but its pretty impossible to get their attention in chat, lol.  But yes I agree with your take on it.  So long as you land on the benches and other obstacles (along with wall running/latching) I'd say you succeeded in the challenge.

Yeah, I feel like this challenge was kinda made up on the spot and they quickly had to slap some rules on it.

Adding challenges is an excellent idea though. I've been playing since day one and sometimes the burnout is over 9000. I'm having heaps of fun trying this with multiple frames.

13 hours ago, (PS4)ChaoticChaos said:

-snip-

I didn't know that kind of movement was possible with a controller. Fantastic video.

>>>NEW RUN<<<

One run to rule them all. Red Veil themed Nezha - "Lord of the Ring" - is back!
This time he adhered to all rules.

Specials:

Spoiler
  1. no damage taken
  2. no pizzas (restores) used
  3. no sentinel used
  4. Red Veil themed (cosplay?)
  5. Bow action
  6. 'Blazing Chakram' teleports
  7. Clem (ty for opening doors ^^)

Have fun & thank you for watching :)

OUTDATED RUN if you want to watch it:

Spoiler

I tried not to abuse standing animations on decorations or doorframes too much.
But I think my Red Veil themed (cosplay?) Nezha, or like I call him - "Lord of the Ring" - did a great job bullet jumping, wall latching although it wasn't possible on every surface and teleporting with his 'Blazing Chakram'.

Edited by Digital_Insanity
New run uploaded

23 hours ago, JKIEra said:

The Floor Is Lava Challenge (PC)

-Solo
-Wukong
-Synoid Simulor

vvv Don't read spoiler if u don't want to know how i did it vvv

Reveal hidden contents

Builds ideas

-Wukong
Max dur/eff for Cloud Walker
Aim glide mod for more in-air time

-Synoid Simulor
Fire rate, Multishot, Reload speed, Magazine size (for the laziness)

Don't worry about energy, Suda buff will get u more than enough

It's fun!!
i hope there will be more this kind of Challenge :)

Can I haz colors pls?