The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reason why Excalibur Prime should be obtainable for all players.

TeaBegging

Before I start this topic, I want to say this first before people are going to criticize me for having this opinion.

Yes this is a controversial topic, and yes this has been posted many times before. I respect all the founders and their opinions and I also appreciate them for supporting the game that needed this head start.

I was playing the game when the founders pack was introduced, However I sadly didn't had the money to fund/support DE with getting this package. I missed out and I felt terrible that I didn't had the amount off money to get this pack. Many players started after this package and the demand is growing along with its player base.

The reason why I think that Excalibur prime should return is because you barely see any difference between them, some off the founders that I came across that used Excalibur prime was using arcane pendragon helmets. Making them barely any different. And why I am saying this is because the founders want to be special that they have supported the game at the time and they sure deserve that. Without them the game wouldn't be here and I can understand their side as well they paid for it and they should have something outstanding.

But right now many off us are missing out on a Orokin based frame, because that's what the devs decided to release as a package back then. They are visually barely noticeable differentiate only by their main helmets. And to compensate the founders I would suggest that the founders get an entire different super cool excalibur skin, that is complete noticeable and outstanding. This way they can show their fashion frame, and we get our Orokin based primed Excalibur.

By making this thread I took in to count that I most likely will be flamed, but I hope the founders can see our side as well.  

Edited by TeaBegging

Spoiler

How-About-No-01.jpg

I'm no founder and I still say no. I understand you want, but they supported when it was needed, they deserve something serious and unique.

At most, I'd agree with Husla, just give away the Mastery, although they also deserve to have that little step ahead of us in reaching the next MR.

Just now, ryu-hayabusa1 said:

then it shouldn't make any difference to you, if you have it or not.

I got all the prime frames, but not Excalibur prime. Visual wise they are barely any different. But frame wise there are some bonusses.

12 minutes ago, TeaBegging said:
  • Yes this is a controversial topic
  • I respect all the founders and their opinions
  • I also appreciate them for supporting the game that needed this head start.
  • Its not a controversial topic by itself, it is controversial because people like you feels the urge to bring it up again and again and again.
  • Good, then stop.

I don't mind founders having their shiny stuff. I mean, I'm a collector, I love hoarding every single item in the game even if I don't use it, but I'm surely not gonna lose any sleep over "exclusive" gear if it exists. I personally can't grasp why people have this need to feel special and rewarded for helping DE, but that's just my way, I definitely respect the fact that they might want to be set apart from us plebs, and I don't think it would be a good move to take that away from them. 
Just be careful or you're gonna start to turn green, eh?

latest?cb=20140610192258

11 minutes ago, Manyc said:

'm no founder and I still say no

I'm a founder and I say yes.

But it doesn't matter what our opinions are, it's not going to happen because DE has no reason to do it. With the introduction of Tennogen they will always have more models to flood the market with. At this point, they have nothing to gain.

5 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

No. The Founders saved warframe back in the day with the Founders pack. They deserve it. Additionally the lawsuit that would follow the re-release would hit DE harder than [DE]Danielles banhammer hits forum users. 

Actually, i don't think a lawsuit would actually achieve anything - take a look at the Terms and EULA. It would be extremely distasteful if they brought it back, but i don't think the players could legally do anything. I agree that it should stay exclusive and people should just wait for Umbra.

Dear Lotus... Excalibur Prime will never be availble to non-founders because of legal reasons, deal with it. And just because some people were not able to get Founders Packs when they were availble is not a valid reason to reintroduce them. Actually, no reason is valid.

Seriously, the forums should have a separate section explaining why Excalibur Prime will never return.

1 minute ago, TeaBegging said:

I got all the prime frames, but not Excalibur prime. Visual wise they are barely any different. But frame wise there are some bonusses.

for me, the only bonus  that matters is the 250 energy you get from death orbs. other bonuses is not that game changing, at least for me.

+1 OP

basically i agree ; and any of these arguments about previous founders being butt-hurt are weak at best =/

IMHO DE should :

A - remove all of the solar landmarks and instead have a memorial in the relays and/or dojos that commemorate all of the top tier donators [or continue to leave the solar landmarks, whatevs, not sure how the new ui is going to look, but regardless, having a centralized location in the relays for the memorial would be much more visible than the way they have been previously displayed]

B - re-introduce excal/skana/lato primes, BUT then ALSO give existing founders new unique swag in return, ie

hunter - unique founder syandana

master - scarf + unique founder armor set

GM - scarf + armor + unique companion accessories [would be 3 'sets' ie the 3 sentinel parts as well as a kubrow and kavat armor set]

i think the above actions would MORE than accommodate any dissenting voices

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

24 minutes ago, TeaBegging said:

Before I start this topic, I want to say this first before people are going to criticize me for having this opinion.

Yes this is a controversial topic, and yes this has been posted many times before. I respect all the founders and their opinions and I also appreciate them for supporting the game that needed this head start.

I was playing the game when the founders pack was introduced, However I sadly didn't had the money to fund/support DE with getting this package. I missed out and I felt terrible that I didn't had the amount off money to get this pack. Many players started after this package and the demand is growing along with its player base.

The reason why I think that Excalibur prime should return is because you barely see any difference between them, some off the founders that I came across that used Excalibur prime was using arcane pendragon helmets. Making them barely any different. And why I am saying this is because the founders want to be special that they have supported the game at the time and they sure deserve that. Without them the game wouldn't be here and I can understand their side as well they paid for it and they should have something outstanding.

But right now many off us are missing out on a Orokin based frame, because that's what the devs decided to release as a package back then. They are visually barely noticeable differentiate only by their main helmets. And to compensate the founders I would suggest that the founders get an entire different super cool excalibur skin, that is complete noticeable and outstanding. This way they can show their fashion frame, and we get our Orokin based primed Excalibur.

By making this thread I took in to count that I most likely will be flamed, but I hope the founders can see our side as well.  

As Long as the Skin is outstanding and orokin based ... i mean more primish ...i Support your idea